Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

1 hour ago, JPL said:

It should do, but might be worth trying the 10 second power button hold. Hopefully that sorts it.

Are you playing on original graphics? Because if not, I have no sympathy! :P

Of course! In fact it started in the new graphics and the first thing I went to do was change the graphics, and then spent 10 minutes figuring out how to get the controller back to normal (which is a rant for another day, why is there no option to map every button?) I'll try again tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, RaoulSilva said:

Of course! In fact it started in the new graphics and the first thing I went to do was change the graphics, and then spent 10 minutes figuring out how to get the controller back to normal (which is a rant for another day, why is there no option to map every button?) I'll try again tomorrow. 

You mean the universal controls thing in MCC, that tries to make all the controller schemes the same? I think I just stuck it on Universal Default, which seemed ok.

Are you playing on Legendary?

Ok so here's a video capture, messing around in multiplayer and then switching to single player. Menu noises are present as well as main menu music, just no game music or sound effects.

Edit only happens on Halo 1.

No idea then. If you’ve uninstalled/reinstalled, was there an option to delete all game data as well? I can’t think of anything else, to be honest.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, simms said:

Halo 3: ODST out on PC MCC soon:

As excited as I am to play this on PC, I honestly don't know how I feel about them releasing MCC on PC but not the complete version like on Xbox, I think I would be more pissed if I didn't have gamepass and actually paid for this.

46 minutes ago, Profgoten said:

As excited as I am to play this on PC, I honestly don't know how I feel about them releasing MCC on PC but not the complete version like on Xbox, I think I would be more pissed if I didn't have gamepass and actually paid for this.

The alternative would have been waiting for 343 to finish all the games before releasing anything. This way at least you have a choice of whether to buy it now or wait for everything to be released, or indeed just play them on Game Pass. :)

Besides, let's not forget that ODST and Reach both came out some time after launch on the Xbox One version, with Reach being fairly recent. The collection was also a complete shambles when it launched.

5 minutes ago, Mogster said:

The alternative would have been waiting for 343 to finish all the games before releasing anything. This way at least you have a choice of whether to buy it now or wait for everything to be released, or indeed just play them on Game Pass. :)

Besides, let's not forget that ODST and Reach both came out some time after launch on the Xbox One version, with Reach being fairly recent. The collection was also a complete shambles when it launched.

I honestly forgot how bad MCC was when it first launched. I remember getting the email about ODST and feeling the hype for reach, I guess I should go play it all again and jog my memory..... of the game.... yeah no more complaining ...... halo is goooooood :D (also being able to play Halo on PC was amazing again!)

ODST Firefight is excellent - I don't think I've ever played it before due to the lack of matchmaking, so it feels like completely original material. Feels weird playing some 'new' ODST levels, but whatever plumbing magic they've done to retrofit matchmaking onto the game works perfectly. It feels really responsive, and loads of fun.

On 29/07/2020 at 14:45, RaoulSilva said:

Ok so here's a video capture, messing around in multiplayer and then switching to single player. Menu noises are present as well as main menu music, just no game music or sound effects.

Edit only happens on Halo 1.

I realise this is a bit of a late response, but I had this issue when I tried Halo 1 a couple of months ago. In my case everything worked fine until I paused the game, at which point all game sounds and music vanished forever while menu sounds still worked. It actually happened on xcloud first, but followed me to the One X. I could temporarily fix it by deleting all game data or something, but it would come back after pausing the game again.

What eventually fixed it was installing the whole thing on PC from Game Pass, turning all sounds off, and then back on again. I think I might have closed and re-opened the game on PC after that too. After that, the sounds all worked correctly on console and xcloud too.

This was all based on some support post I found online which suggested it was to do with a cloud save issue between versions of the game.

Just finished Halo CE on heroic having not playing it since the initial release many many years ago.  Utterly adored it although the repeat levels and cut and paste jobs were really lazy fortunately the gunplay kept me going, saying that I really like the introduction of the flood - it really changed how the game played and gave it a real aliens feel at times. 

I am replaying Halo 1 with my 11 year oils on co-op, and it’s a joyous thing to see him so excited and into a 20 year old game. The mechanics are still wonderful and it delivers on so many levels.

Can’t wait to go through all the others with him too. I just hope MS increase the frame rate for split screen on the Series X.