Jump to content
IGNORED

Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary


Floex
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I tried a full restart and that seemed to solve it, as with nearly everything else. I hope they manage to get this need for constant restarts sorted with Series X. 

How often are you having to do it? I think I’ve had to hard reboot probably a couple of times over the last year, which I don’t think is a bad hit rate for a console that is effectively always on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's included with Game Pass, as is Reach.

 

 

Weirdly, when I started this up, my screen was incredibly dark, all I could see was the currently selected menu option, and I had to muddle my way through to the settings and reset the HDR settings to default to make it appear normally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I'm not having much luck with this. Finished Oni Sword Base earlier. Have just hopped on now and been met with a 58.95GB "update." 

What’s that for?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Better weapons sounds in Reach, and better graphics, apparently, in Reach too. Weapons could still use som better sounds though. Strange they don't fix this.

 

Weapons sounds are mixed too low in the mix, and after this gigantic update they still are. They simply lack punch.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/03/2020 at 20:00, JPL said:

What’s that for?!

 

I think the game is just a bit strange and buggy, even this far after release and how much work they've done on it. I couldn't find anything about an actual update being out.

 

Anyway, I'm up to Long Night of Solace and still mostly enjoying Reach. I'm not sure I'll finish, I seem to remember the back half of the game becoming an exercise in frustration (on Heroic), often hunting for ammo while fighting those bloody Brutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

 

I think the game is just a bit strange and buggy, even this far after release and how much work they've done on it. I couldn't find anything about an actual update being out.

 

Anyway, I'm up to Long Night of Solace and still mostly enjoying Reach. I'm not sure I'll finish, I seem to remember the back half of the game becoming an exercise in frustration (on Heroic), often hunting for ammo while fighting those bloody Brutes.

I can’t say I’ve had any problems with it recently. It was a total mess at launch though, so I can imagine some of those underlying problems are still buried in there somewhere and can cause issues on occasion. Sounds like you’ve been unlucky with it. It doesn’t take away from how excellent it is to play once you’re in a game though.

 

I’m pretty sure the Brutes only show up on one level as well, so keep going!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, JPL said:

I can’t say I’ve had any problems with it recently. It was a total mess at launch though, so I can imagine some of those underlying problems are still buried in there somewhere and can cause issues on occasion. Sounds like you’ve been unlucky with it. It doesn’t take away from how excellent it is to play once you’re in a game though.

 

I’m pretty sure the Brutes only show up on one level as well, so keep going!


I think they’re in the level with the skyscrapers. Bloody hated that level.
 

It seems a bit of a shame that it doesn’t pull any of your history from whatever Bungie.net got turned into. Would be nice to see the records of what I’d done on 360. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:


I think they’re in the level with the skyscrapers. Bloody hated that level.
 

It seems a bit of a shame that it doesn’t pull any of your history from whatever Bungie.net got turned into. Would be nice to see the records of what I’d done on 360. 

Are you sure it doesn’t? I managed to pull the old maps I made in Reach years ago into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Nothing for me, sadly. 

Did you change your Xbox account or the mail address that was associated with bungie net at some point maybe? I was surprised to find all my content intact from way back when, a very nice clip of me one-shotting the opposing team of four* with one hammer strike in H3 for example. Forgot about that one, I was so so sneaky.

 

Anyway, are you SURE???

 

*It was three of the four thinking about. Still, that was cool seeing it again. Also it pulls in all your old armor and emblem designs, xp progression etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Did you change your Xbox account or the mail address that was associated with bungie net at some point maybe? I was surprised to find all my content intact from way back when, a very nice clip of me one-shotting the opposing team of four* with one hammer strike in H3 for example. Forgot about that one, I was so so sneaky.

 

Anyway, are you SURE???

 

*It was three of the four thinking about. Still, that was cool seeing it again. Also it pulls in all your old armor and emblem designs, xp progression etc


I will have another look for some Halo 3 recordings and stuff, but I couldn’t find anything, previously. I’ve always had the same gamertag and what not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Dang son, been replaying Reach on legendary via the PC version of the MCC co op with some pals. What a great fucking game. There's utterly nothing like Halo's combat, is there? It's just so dynamic. The same battle is different every time you play. 

 

I never played Halo 4 so looking forward to giving that a blast when it finally comes out. So much content. 

 

Just a shame the Elites become good guys after 2. They're arguably the greatest foe in the history of videogaming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be curious to see what you make of 4 if you're coming to it fresh without any baggage. It gets a bad rap around here but I think it's great, easily up there with the best of Bungie campaigns in SP. Every level has its own cool ideas and it's still absolutely spectacular visually.

 

The less said about 5 the better, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JPL said:

:blink2:

 

One of my favourite things about the original Halo was its sense of the unknown, feeling like you'd been set free amongst some truly alien vistas and never quite knowing what you'd see next. None of the Bungie sequels ever captured that again, Halo 3 did briefly with the Ark but largely wasted it as a setting, Reach had some spectacular sci-fi visuals but never felt like you were exploring somewhere new.

 

In many ways Halo 4 is basically fanservice to the original, but they really nailed the sense of exploring an alien planet in a way that none of the other sequels ever did. Also the Chief/Cortana relationship was the closest thing to coherent storytelling that any of the games have ever managed, even if the rest of the plot was nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Question about Halo co-op - is it still the case that if one person dies and the other stays alive, the dead person respawns after a few moments? That always killed it a bit for me as it made it too easy, and like a war of attrition compared to the tactical nature of single player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Couch Corpse said:

@Pob Yes, but you can toggle this with skulls.

 

Cool. I assume a skull means the dead players don't respawn until the checkpoint is reached? There's no revive mechanic enabled by skulls is there? That's a key cornerstone of co-op games in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.