IGNORED

Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Best served with a side order of Heroic or Legendary

Floex

4 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I think it's the end of the road for myself and Game Pass on the PC. This is the latest high profile release that, after taking an astonishing 7 hours to download, simply does not work on my PC. No error message - just nothing when I press to play the game. I have had more (terminal) problems with things running through the Game Pass app/MS Store in the few months that through all other launchers combined ever.

Shame as M+K control might have finally allowed me to enjoy a Halo game.

:(

I had that same problem, and it still doesn't launch through Game Pass - but if you open Start you should have a direct icon to it which works.

10 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

It doesn't launch through the app for everyone - myself included.  It works fine via the start menu.

Edit - STEREO!

11 minutes ago, PK said:

I had that same problem, and it still doesn't launch through Game Pass - but if you open Start you should have a direct icon to it which works.

Aah, right. I'll try that later. The whole GP x MS Store interface is a total dog's dinner..

Thanks!

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Just had a quick look on my Xbox and it’s telling me that it costs £5.59 with my Gamepass subscription. Is that right? I thought it was free.

Oh, ignore me. I think that’s the price to buy it.

It was doing the same for me last night with no mention (as there normally is) of it being free with Gamepass. Thought perhaps it was just a bit of a glitch but nope, when I clicked on it, it went to the page were it takes the payment from you. 

Went into the App and downloaded it from there instead :).

8 hours ago, womble9 said:

It was doing the same for me last night with no mention (as there normally is) of it being free with Gamepass. Thought perhaps it was just a bit of a glitch but nope, when I clicked on it, it went to the page were it takes the payment from you. 

Went into the App and downloaded it from there instead :).

I just press B to close the pop up then continue playing. It’s an odd bug to slip through, but perhaps it’s only for those of us who bought MCC?

As per my comment from earlier, I’m really struck by how easy this is – last night I absolutely rinsed through sections that I remember as still being pretty tricky on Heroic, like the bit where the hunters drop in towards the end of Nightfall, or the very end of Tip of the Spear. I presume it’s just that the controls are more responsive and that the visuals don’t have that blurry effect that seems to leave slight trails after everything, so it’s easier to land precise shots, but none of the other Halo games have been quite so affected by the shift to 1080P / 60fps. Maybe the overload of visual effects in the 360 version of Reach made it a bit sluggish. I’m itching to get through it and restart on Legendary, so I can see whether that’s any easier.

Also: score attack and other Firefight gametypes are still in there! They’re just not in the matchmaking bit – you can select them through custom firefight.

The best thing I found on this is that the maps I spent endless hours creating in Forge back in the day are still there. It was a great nostalgia hit running around them last night.

If anyone fancies some custom games on them, let me know. Had some great matches on them in the past.

Very frustrating.  Bought this a few weeks ago to play the original Halo just for nostalgia.  Not interested in any of the other games, at least, not initially.  But as far as I can see, the game requires an 88Gb install, followed by a 45Gb update just to actually begin the installation.  Once the game installer gets to the "ready to start" bit you can go to the launcher and untick all the stuff you don't want, but there doesn't seem to be a way to start the installation without freeing up all that space, even though you know you're not going to use it.  I've had to delete so much stuff as I only have an original 500Gb Xbox.

Can do, it's more the complaint that, for example, if you only want to play Halo, the install is 18Gb, but in order to do that you need to create 88Gb of space, start the install, then untick all the other games you didn't want.  There's no way to start the install without deleting stuff to make room, even though you know you are creating room for the games that you will be unticking as soon as you get the option to do so.

On 04/12/2019 at 12:42, Mike S said:

I think it's the end of the road for myself and Game Pass on the PC. This is the latest high profile release that, after taking an astonishing 7 hours to download, simply does not work on my PC. No error message - just nothing when I press to play the game. I have had more (terminal) problems with things running through the Game Pass app/MS Store in the few months that through all other launchers combined ever.

Shame as M+K control might have finally allowed me to enjoy a Halo game.

:(

Search for MCC in the start menu and run it from there. I'm having the same issue.

I am loving Reach, Even though the game types are the TU versions, I’m not sure they’re the latest ones as there’s a lot of armour lock still.

I really miss the classic Halo (basically pre-4). I hope Infinite is more Reach than 4 and 5 (although 5 was better than 4). 

I'm not finding the weapons as fun as I remember them being. The DMR is still amazing but the assault rifle just feels a bit naff and most of the energy weapons don't seem as fun to use as I remember. Also trying to take out a shielded enemy takes too long with kinetic weapons; I know using energy weapons is supposed to be better but I don't remember kinetic ones being this ineffective.

Maybe Destiny's gun play has spoiled me, with the upgradeable weapons and the wide variety of them? I don't mind so much picking up weapons as I find them, it forces you to adapt, it's just that they're not that satisfying. I know there's a separate issue with the sound quality of the weapons, it's not just that. they just don't feel accurate or particularly interesting?

Still loving the atmosphere and story, and the gameplay systems in general are great, I'm just not enjoying the moment-to-moment play. Which is kind of Halo's thing.

2 hours ago, Stevie said:

Do I have to complete Reach in order to play Combat Evolved or is there a release date when it comes to these type of things? 

If you're playing on an Xbox, then you can play them whenever. 

On PC, they've got some sort of staggered release schedule happening throughout 2020, so you'll only be able to play 'em as and when they're released.

4 hours ago, Flub said:

Has anyone playing on PC had an issue where every key or button press causes the game to pause for half a second?

Are you trying to use dual input like a Steam controller with joy pad and mouse and keyboard mapped to the controller? The game will pause for a second if you switch inputs.

16 minutes ago, Max Damage said:

Are you trying to use dual input like a Steam controller with joy pad and mouse and keyboard mapped to the controller? The game will pause for a second if you switch inputs.

Just mouse and keyboard. No controller connected. Originally I had an XBox 1 controller connected but I tried it with just kb/m

7 hours ago, BeeJay said:

What playlist do I have to chose to get a multiplayer game in this? The only one that has found a game so far is the top one (reach hardcore I believe). I really want to play some H3 or H2 multiplayer. Is that out of the question?

I tend to go into social and choose Big Team Battle, at the moment I've only got Reach, 3 and 4 selected but don't have any problems getting a game.