The Flash - TV series

My main issue with the Arrowverse is the number of episodes per season.  23 or whatever it is just makes it all far too much of a commitment these days.  Lose the filler and cut the episodes down to 10 or so a season and it becomes much more digestible.  I will probably only go with Legends this time as that is the one that appeals most to me.

On 19/10/2018 at 12:41, McFly said:

Already better than last season.

Have to agree. On Sky pace but that single episode was better than almost everything last season. Some great humour (especially wit Dibny), a solid episode of the week and lay some nice foundations for what is to come. It helps that Nora is so sweet!

Spoiler

The introduction of the new suit, which looks to be as close to what I would picture The Flash from the comics in as possible, was excellent. The little flashbacks to Wells mentoring Barry too. Loved it!

Hopefully a sign of things to come across all the Arrow-verse shows!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i really enjoyed episode 3, mis-leading title aside. The opening bit with the eco-friendly armed robber made lol for real, "i brought my own bags!". Really enjoying the gradual piecing together of Cicadas history 'n' mystery too and it was cool to have Sherlock Wells in the mix again. So much better than last season the only downer is waiting until thursdays to see it rather than tuesday :(

• 1 month later...

It was enjoyable, but...

they'd better commit to the 'no time travel' rule if they're going to bring it up again, after all of Barry's angst in the past it was a bit annoying how easily he capitulated.

Also frustrating that it was all for nothing. Three punches from the Flash at full speed, dagger in space, and they couldn't subdue the guy? Just stood around waiting for him to get it back.

"Somebody Save Me..."

Fun and frolicks - but surprisingly low key for the cross over event (compared to part 1 of invasion and CoEX) but it's got such energy.

It's biggest problem is that it tries to contrast "Dark" Oliver with "Optimistic" Barry - but Barry's been a moody whiney berk for years now :P Still it leans into both shows tropes (and calls them out!) a lot.

• 1 month later...

Apparently this came back a couple of weeks ago? I honestly don't know if I can muster up the energy to watch. 

I think I might finally be out...

Theres just too much good TV out there in short, easily watchable seasons. The 22 episodes we get for shows like this is just too much.

I find this still watchable, a lot more compared to Arrow. I'm actually despairing that they've renewed that for another season... it's jumped the shark a long time ago. 

edit: Although that new villain is just terrible. Couldn't they get someone that knows how to act? Klein should go back to playing harmless & bland.

• 2 months later...

Okay so I've been catching up on this while I have nothing else to watch. It's an awful season. One of the worst acting performances I've ever seen from Chris Klein, proper Tommy Wiseau levels of bad. Then there's the addition of Scrappy Doo as the daughter. Bleh. :(

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like a lot of people are accusing Danielle Panabaker of racism as well?

Seems to stem from the fact that she hasn't shot down and shown a little support for the fans who want Kaitlyn and Flash to get together. Those 'fans' also tend to throw racist insults towards the actress who plays Iris because interracial relationship. I hate fandoms.

I'll be honest I kinda hate this thing where people dig up tweets from years ago to get people into trouble, especially when it's clearly a joke, at what point do things you've said in the past no longer hold sway over your present? Say someone was a Klansman or a neo Nazi and saw the error of their ways and left the group 6 years ago and turned themselves around, should they still get fired from a job 6 years after they reformed themselves?

To be honest both the characters of Barry and Iris in this deserve each other, they're both monumental dickheads.