rllmuk
Gambit

The Flash - TV series

There's been a bit of discussion about this in the Arrow thread, but with this new 5 minute trailer it's time for it's own thread.

Hyped. But it seems really weird seeing the more down to earth Green Arrow in this more fantastical world.

• Upvote 7

Well that just looks fucking spectacular! Love the link with Green Arrow too. The potential for this world they are building is ridiculous. I just hope they see the value in what they are doing and extend it into the movies. IMO it is the only way DC characters are ever going to get the kind of success and following that Marvel have created.

So excited for this!!

Well that just looks fucking spectacular! Love the link with Green Arrow too. The potential for this world they are building is ridiculous. I just hope they see the value in what they are doing and extend it into the movies. IMO it is the only way DC characters are ever going to get the kind of success and following that Marvel have created.

So excited for this!!

But putting them into the movie universe would mean giving the characters to Zach Snyder. And I don't want him anywhere near this.

• Upvote 3

Haven't read any of The Flash before. Is it a pretty upbeat in tone? This looks good but a little cheesy - but is that just the character?

Anyway, "From the makers of Arrow" is all I needed to see. I'm in.

Tom Cavanagh. He's been in a bunch of stuff, most notably Ed, but you might know him from him guest starring as J.D.'s brother in Scrubs. Looking him up on IMDB, he's recently guested on The Following and Royal Pains.

Always liked him and felt he should have had a better career than he has had so I'm happy to see him in this. Looks great for 50 too.

• Upvote 1

Enjoyed it. I'm not the biggest DC/Flash fan (all my info is from the 80s) so a couple of questions about the 'leaked*' pilot:

So Detective West's new partner is Edward 'Eddie' Thawne and Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash (who we know will be featured in this is Eobard Thawne, but he is from the future and it seems that Dr Wells is hiding that he can walk and has is from the future too (or at least has news articles from there. Are they changing it around so drastically, red herring or is there a Dr Wells in the Flash universe already? I know the female researcher is Killer Frost (I still have her first appearance in FoF in a box in my loft) so maybe they're going left-field with it?

Also Grodd! Fan egg or will we be seeing a rampaging super intelligent gorilla soon? :D

*I think CW deliberately let the leak out to keep the buzz going around it. Still quite a long way off from premièring so keep it in the public eye IMO.

Though it was really good too.. J

Though it is pretty much an extended version of that 5 min trailer.. J

It’s fun, a little more light-hearted then Arrow – plus way more daylight..

Effects were impressive for TV – hopefully they’ll still have budget to do a decent approximation of that on a weekly basis..

Whole cast was pretty likable too – though the two young Starlab scientists we already met in Arrow may get annoying..

Starts Tues Oct 7th in the US (S3 of Arrow starts the night after..)

Thought this was really good.

Nice to see a decent crossover with Arrow, and a pleasant little scene between them that didn't seem tacked on and ill thought out. As mentioned above the special effects are impressive.

As far as pilots go - it covered a lot in 45 minutes or so without the need to shoehorn characters in for the sake of it. Was impressed that the origin story, the death of his mum, meeting Oliver, a villain of the week and an interesting ending all fell into place without it feeling rushed.

Colour me excited.

That last image of the newspaper. I FUCKING SQUEED

Crisis on the motherfucking Infinite Earths bitches. You know how this shit is gonna roll

You just inspired me to go and check out that newspaper article again Flub. Bottom left is a story on

Wayne Tech/Queen Inc merging! Also the picture of Flash, it looks like his suit is a slightly lighter, more traditional shade of red than the burgundy-ish one he's rocking right now.

Well that was quite good - suffered from the same problems as a lot of pilots, but was still a nice ride. Set up itself and it's arc/thread (some of which only those that read comics will spot) nicely, and given the quality of Arrow - defo continuing to watch.

Only the 2 StarLab nerds (especially the bloke) seem to grate massively.

Enjoyable enough as a pilot. Felt like I'd seen most of the "important" bits in the promo vid from a few weeks back. But gets the origin story out the way quickly and sets up a decent story arc. This could be good!

I liked how the effects of the explosion have created multiple of "meta-humans". Could be a gateway to some other spin off shows from the DC Universe. Also, the only Flash comics I've read recently (probably in over 25 years lol) are the Flashpoint ones that kicked off The New 52, does this seem to be incorporating some of the storyline from those?