IGNORED

Far Cry 4 | Nov 18th | PS3/4, Xbox 360, Xbone & PC

Comrade

74 hours later, I've finished the campaign and I'm currently at 88.99% completed so far.

Collected all the lost letters, posters, and those masks. :)

Need one more of the Mohan Ghale's Journal, but it seems I should've collected that at the beginning of the game. Because I can't get it now, as the place where it is, is now blocked off :facepalm:

Weird bug tonight: started playing and a number of the incidental sounds were missing. Stuff like the beep when you set a waypoint, the chirp when you pick something up, the SFX when you pat down a dead body. All just... gone. Rebooting the PS4 didn't help. I played on and after I died, the sounds came back. Most odd.

Two standout moments last night in another great session - first was honey badger getting itself between me and an exploding barrel, and then flying right past my head in flames (I think I've got that on video).

The second, I was heading up the road on foot to do something or other, and a carload of goons comes over the hill. Spotted almost straight away, but I'm not scared. I switch to pistol and prepare to take out the driver, but suddenly I hear "RAMMING SPEEEEEED!" and the next thing I know they've ploughed straight into me and I'm dead.

And then two outposts and a marathon rock climb and some elephant carnage and a cross-country quadbike excursion for the hell of it and a monkey hunt and an assassination mission and a duel with a bear and so on and so forth. Brilliant.

Oh, AND I scoped out a base and noticed a hunter with a charmed tiger. I pulled off the longest arrow shot of my career, took him out, uncharmed the tiger and sat back and watched. Then of course a honey badger ambled along. I can't stop myself letting them bite my arm.

This is a great game, but sometimes I think that they should have lessened the chances of getting attacked by animals a little- last night I was attacked by a tiger, 5 seconds later by another one (presumably out for revenge), then literally as that keeled over, an eagle dived on me, and then before its corpse even hit the ground, 3 dogs.

It's only ever one type of animal at once though. I can't help but think in the foliage, just out of sight, there's an ever-present polite queue of animals waiting to take their turn to maul me, one by one.

For all the fun shenanigans that these psychotic animals bring, I can't help thinking that the series has lost a lot from Far Cry 2, where an animal was a rare, shy and easily spooked creature that you would study with zen appreciation.

Weird bug tonight: started playing and a number of the incidental sounds were missing. Stuff like the beep when you set a waypoint, the chirp when you pick something up, the SFX when you pat down a dead body. All just... gone. Rebooting the PS4 didn't help. I played on and after I died, the sounds came back. Most odd.

Same on Bone mate. Although i've moved it to an external and its been alright since (also reset machine). In fact on the bone i lost all effects.

That letter you can't get Mr Do...is it at the North Airport - under lockdown?

I can't work out how to get that one. Its on a ledge near some Heroin bags - you can see it flash. You can get up there but i can't get under the beams once i'm there. You can't seem to get in from the roof.

Hmm.

Maybe a heli onto the roof now i've thought about it.

Same on Bone mate. Although i've moved it to an external and its been alright since (also reset machine). In fact on the bone i lost all effects.

That letter you can't get Mr Do...is it at the North Airport - under lockdown?

I can't work out how to get that one. Its on a ledge near some Heroin bags - you can see it flash. You can get up there but i can't get under the beams once i'm there. You can't seem to get in from the roof.

Hmm.

Maybe a heli onto the roof now i've thought about it.

That journal is at that place above the royal palace, where at the start you're at the same table as Pagan Min.

It's only ever one type of animal at once though. I can't help but think in the foliage, just out of sight, there's an ever-present polite queue of animals waiting to take their turn to maul me, one by one.

I did come across a big cat fighting a bear last night, but they didn't put their differences aside to team up on me as I hoped they would. The cat ran off and I bravely threw a sticky grenade on the bear.

It shouldn't be too hard to lure a honey badger into a wolf area or something similar, but I doubt it would shift its attention from the player (especially true for the honey badger) - and I expect the new animal would prioritise the player, too. Hmm, that might be the focus of my next session, turning predators against each other. Honey badger vs. rhino, I don't know where my money would be.

For all the fun shenanigans that these psychotic animals bring, I can't help thinking that the series has lost a lot from Far Cry 2, where an animal was a rare, shy and easily spooked creature that you would study with zen appreciation.

I did spend an unhealthy amount of time watching an elephant have a wash the other night, if that helps.

That journal is at that place above the royal palace, where at the start you're at the same table as Pagan Min.

Is it a journal on a table in the room in the Royal Palace? I'm worrying if I'm picked it up now, because if I didn't get it & now can't, that's me sodding all attempts to get the rest of the journals.

Collected all the lost letters, posters, and those masks. :)

Need one more of the Mohan Ghale's Journal, but it seems I should've collected that at the beginning of the game. Because I can't get it now, as the place where it is, is now blocked off :facepalm:

Hi,are you stuck at the door at the royal palace?Because you can blow it up. :)

Edit:sorry I meant royal fortress. :facepalm:

I haven't seen a crocodile yet, 25 hours in and I've done quite a bit of swimming! I was actually coming in here to ask if there were any other aquatic predator-type animals other than the Demon Fish!

The only complaint with some of the animals I have is the quick-time event things that sometimes happens, what is the point of them? They're pretty much unfailable if you're watching the screen, and there's also a semi-irritating half a second after each QTE where you can't move.

I've only played two of those but yeah, they're balls. The first one was boring - but easy. The second one took about 10 retries, those exploding dogs & being arrowed from every direction. I was raging. I am playing it on Hard mind.