rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangle

Amplitude! PS4 - Out Now!

It's really, really good. Music doesn't sound great but it's still got that in the zone feeling you remember!

If anyone want a SCEE code, I am selling mine for £15

Drop me a PM (also on AV Forums)

Have the code now

Wow! That's a blast from the past. Oh man, I feel old :(

So far, it's good...but needs more Dave Bowie, Mekon W/Roxanne Shante and (I'd never thought I'd say this) Blink-182 ;)

I've been reading through the old Amplitude high score and online threads in anticipation of tomorrow's release. So hyped for this. Such amazing memories of those early days and the score battle thread, it seems incredible that it was well over 10 years ago and we're mostly all still here today getting hyped about it.

Nostalgia overload:

http://officeoffline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/23382-amplitude/

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/28186-amplitude/

http://computertalkplace.com/index.php?/topic/44561-who-here-has-completed-amplitude-on-insane/

no code yet here :(

any other backers still waiting on a code?

if anyone else is still waiting you might be able to get your code from the backerkit website - find an old email from them and use the link - there will hopefully be a 'Get Your Digital Downloads' button - worked for me anyway :)

edit - apparently the ps3 version is coming out a bit later - don't think there's a release date yet.

• Upvote 1

Aargh, this is so good, and I'm so bad. My hands hurt, and I'm only playing it on Advanced. I did the first few songs on Expert, but wasn't doing so well.

It's taken me a while to get used to not having to skip through empty tracks when you move left and right. I'm still pressing too many times occasionally. Feels weird, man.

So good to be back, though. I can see me playing a LOT of this once my hands limber up a bit.

I'm having the same problem. Keep pressing left/right n times to go to the nth track. Not used to it jumping immediately to the next free track. Still not totally convinced by the music either...but let's see how it goes. Do you think there's any chance they will release DLC licensed track bundles?

Aargh, this is so good, and I'm so bad. My hands hurt, and I'm only playing it on Advanced. I did the first few songs on Expert, but wasn't doing so well.

It's taken me a while to get used to not having to skip through empty tracks when you move left and right. I'm still pressing too many times occasionally. Feels weird, man.

So good to be back, though. I can see me playing a LOT of this once my hands limber up a bit.

L1, R1, R2. I honestly don't think I'd be able to play any other way. The extra travel on R2 is a bit annoying.

I remember way back when making the transition from face buttons to shoulder buttons on Frequency and it seemed a bit lopsided for the first hour or so. You soon get used to it!

It's so deeply ingrained into my brain that I tend to tap out little rhythms on the shoulder buttons during loading screens for just about every other game I play ^_^

• Upvote 1

If anybody wants to friend me up for some scoreboard shenanigans, please add me: revrof

I've not had a chance to actually get any good scores yet though, as I'm still unlocking power-ups. But I'll get there!

My hands hurt today. And I struggled to get to sleep due to flashing images when I closed my eyes. Good times.

Its now live on the store for non backers

My code is available for £10 now. Store price is £15.99

Which control method is everyone favouring ?

I used face buttons on PS2 but I'm trying shoulders for the moment. The tutorial makes it seem more natural than I thought it would be.

I've only been playing for a short while but it's good fun. The button presses feel a bit like you're playing along to a preset tune though - on PS2 the independent instrument notes and beats were integrated more effectively. That said, it doesn't detract from the experience that much.

Anyway, I'm theqazimod on PSN if anyone wants some easy scores to beat. :)

I (revrof) just added you, Goldbricker. Couldn't find you, Quazi - Probably just the PSN App on my phone being a dick.

Edit: Controls - Triggers all the way for me, although as mentioned by somebody else, R2 seems to have way too much play to be any good on the faster songs. We'll see!

I'm only playing on Intermediate at the moment, which is about right for someone who wasn't amazing at the original.

Any early favourites from anyone? I just cleared "Supraspatial" which was a lot of fun. :)

EDIT: Oh my, the end of region 3... :wacko::wub:

This is so disappointing. Awful soundtrack, controls duffed by an inappropriate R2, and the individual stems just don't pop out at all, which itself is unsurprising given how they fucked that up in RB4 as well. How I long for the range offered by older games in the series, even if the most pop stuff was usually easier.

Any early favourites from anyone? I just cleared "Supraspatial" which was a lot of fun. :)

Too early to call for me, although I did play through the Freezepop track about 5 times in a row last night, trying to nail those opening drums on Expert. Then I went back to Advanced and enjoyed it a lot more.

Having a go at this. It's okay, it does what it set out to do. However, the most disappointing thing for me is the soundtrack. Not unlocked everything yet but the only track I actually like is the Freezepop one, the rest just don't have the punch/bounce/foot-tapping goodness of the PS2 games, frankly. Maybe it gets better as you become more familiar with the tunes. I guess they saved quite a bit of money this way.

Also am I missing something or is there no practice mode? No-fail playthrough that gives you a score at the end. Thought that was pretty standard with these Harmonix rhythm games.

The soundtrack is killing this for me. It's so anodyne - it's not even like it's actually bad, it's just bland and inoffensive. It sounds like a concept album made by Coldplay's pet kittens; I'm not saying the tunes should be a mix of Henry Rollins, John Zorn, and Slipmatt, but it need to have some bite to it, something to get your head nodding to the beat and your neck tingling as you tap your way towards that big drop you know is coming.

I'll persevere, but I'm so disappointed. I really wanted this to be good, but was worried that the home-made soundtrack would be a bit rubs. A music game with a soundtrack I can barely remember is never going to win me over.

• Upvote 9

If anybody wants to friend me up for some scoreboard shenanigans, please add me: revrof

^ I'll try and add anyone who posted above about this, also anyone feel free to add me, spatular-- with the two minuses on the end.

The soundtrack is killing this for me. It's so anodyne - it's not even like it's actually bad, it's just bland and inoffensive. It sounds like a concept album made by Coldplay's pet kittens; I'm not saying the tunes should be a mix of Henry Rollins, John Zorn, and Slipmatt, but it need to have some bite to it, something to get your head nodding to the beat and your neck tingling as you tap your way towards that big drop you know is coming.

I'll persevere, but I'm so disappointed. I really wanted this to be good, but was worried that the home-made soundtrack would be a bit rubs. A music game with a soundtrack I can barely remember is never going to win me over.

The only track I can remember away from the game is an early one ("Recession") because it was already in Rock Band 4, except it was better mastered in that.

I found playing through the campaign in advanced tedious, then played a couple of the unlocked tracks and they were a lot better, then returned to the campaign tracks and they'd started to make sense.