rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne

I’ve been going back through it a lot recently. 

One new character that has done everything bar kill the last boss (to keep all the locations open in case anyone wants a hand anywhere) and mopped up the last of the DLC trophies, and my original character which is now NG++ sitting at something like level 220.

Going back to it, it’s genuinely close to perfection. The only real gripe I have is connecting even with someone you password play with, is a real chore.

Me and a mate have been doing chalice dungeons and sometimes just sitting there for minutes waiting to connect, for no apparent reason.

• Upvote 1

Almost certainly nothing at all....Weird sighting in Deracine, including..

Bloodborne ending spoiler here and the in the video.

Spoiler

A doll character whose description mentions someone who watches over in dream. But better still, when you hold the doll, she performs the Make Contact movement. 

There's also an odd shot of the doll holding a bizarre sea creature that looks a lot like something in Bloodborne.

• Upvote 1

surely those things must just be easter eggs?  Though I guess you can't really be certain with Fromsoft! :D

BTW, bit of self pimping, am streaming a bit of this tonight for a few hours.  I'm letting a viewer back-seat drive me through it :) So no spoilers if you join!  We're about to head into Old Yharnam tonight.. :wub:

• Upvote 2

I think the really interesting thing is that they refer to the story the doll is from as “the unfinished tale”, which doesn’t really make sense as a name for Bloodborne unless it’s a little hint.

They also held off announcing DS3 as they were promoting Bloodborne, leading to a fast announcement to release. It’s feasible that they’re holding off announcing BB2 until Sekiro is out.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, GamesGamesGames said:

I don't want a Bloodborne 2. It all ties up so perfectly as is.

I'd play the life out of one, of course....

There's a lot of speculation right now, but if they are teasing BB2 it will probably have a different setting.

"They're a land of gold, silver, and sacrifices. They wear face paint brewed from the blood of the gods"

Or perhaps From is just taking the piss out of those rumours that they are making an ARPG based on Incan mythology, that surfaced last year.

Or perhaps the rumour was actually correct.

Interesting times. According to folks who follow the LinkedIN profiles of From employees, they started developmemt of a new ARPG last year.

Perhaps Sony and From are collaborating again on a PS5 exclusive?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vemsie said:

Perhaps Sony and From are collaborating again on a PS5 exclusive?

Fairly sure that's happening. Just hope it hasn't any connection to Bloodborne's world.

I suppose there's a space which due to the Chalice Dungeons is neither prequel nor sequel - everything post CD up to the fleeing of Yharnham (our 'Old Yharnham') - but the lore needs nothing further.

'Spiritual' successor? Yes please.

I've watched a few of that guy's videos in the past but have just binged most over the last few hours. Man it got me in the mood for some Bloodborne. I finished it along with the DLC last month (nowhere near as comprehensively rinsed as @MrHendo I might add) and deleted it due to spending well over a hundred hours on the sucker and needing to make some progress in my backlog. But watching those with headphones on all hungover is making me want to download it again and run around Yharnam. The fucking atmosphere of the game is off the charts, creepy as fuck and exhilarating gameplay is a heady mix. I too think it was wrapped up nicely but I'd take more Bloodborne any way From want to stick it down my throat. Fucking incredible game.

• Upvote 2