MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne

I did wonder where they might take things and lots of what I see seems to make sense in a lot of ways. Looks darker and more gothic which should make for some impressive displays of lighting. It already feels right

(I hope it's true)

Whilst the From aesthetic is obvious, the setting seems more Van Helsing than Arthurian.

At the risk of reading too much into a few horribly compressed stills, it looks to me like the combat will hinge on evasion rather than blocking. The first clue is the player has a shotgun in their left hand rather than a shield, but the camera angle — somewhat similar to the Arkham games — and the mob of enemies also suggest a reliance on crowd control coupled with spacial awareness.

Of course it might be that you can approach things very differently, much like the Souls games. I'm guessing they want to move away from that series' template a bit, though.

Fuck! Such good hype from rumours like this, eh?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that doesn't really look like a PS4 game. As in, looks almost current Old(!) gen to me. I *know* it's low quality screens, but I'd expect more shadows and stuff if this was a PS4 exclusive.

The art design in those first screen shots doesn't look even a little bit From-softwear-esque to me. Maybe they're trying something new. But based on those alone, I'm not convinced.

The art design in those first screen shots doesn't look even a little bit From-softwear-esque to me. Maybe they're trying something new. But based on those alone, I'm not convinced.

That's what I'd guess. I'm getting a very 1800s vibe from those screenshots/screengrabs. The director already made 2 Souls games so maybe he wants to try something a bit different. Saying that From Software looooove their dark fantasy.

SHOTGUNS BITCHES

My baseless hope is that it's a conduit for magic, so you use it to fire off various types of spell shots; the Dark games' Uses system would mesh well with the idea. I simply find the concept cooler than a regular firearm, or indeed the existing method of brandishing a wind chime.

Sony win E3 2014. :omg:

They did last year as well without showing that much, so I really hope they don't take their conservative 'we're selling shitloads of PS4's anyway so we're just gonna show a few titles that will be released this year as well as tons of stuff from Destiny and AC Unity' stance. I really hope the rumours are true and they're gonna show titles like this and The Last Guardian. It would be so good.

Ban request!

:( your loss, buddy.

:D

Oh, I've tried them. I just don't find that 'shoulder to the wheel' kind of gameplay enjoyable though. I do usually choose hard difficulty for games but went through enough instadeath experiences in my C64 days, unless it's an intriguing world I want to see more of (and the Demon/Dark Souls game are almost that) then I don't have the motivation to persevere.

This is the main fallacy of the game - that it's "shoulder to wheel". It's really about learning how the game handles, which takes about 10 hours, then you play it like any other game. I must have clocked about 500 hours across all the titles now, and I find DS2 a bit too easy, at least first time through, hopefully NG+ will see me struggle a bit.

I LOVE these screenies. I hope it's also on PC.

I guess we will get proper details on this from E3 then? Or is there someone happening before then where this might be officially revealed?

E3 is most likely, but this is Sony. They could just as well wait till TGS or something. But yes, fingers crossed they'll go all out next month.

I hope it's also on PC.

Unlikely if Sony have first party involvement. I'm sure the Dark Souls series will stay multi format.

Unlikely if Sony have first party involvement. I'm sure the Dark Souls series will stay multi format.

If it is Dark, yes. Demon's is difficult, as regions have different publisher and one of them is Sony.

From the top of my head, Demon's is FromSoftware in Japan, Atlus in North America and Sony Comp. Ent. in Europe. This is - as far as I know - why we have Dark Souls 1 and 2 instead of Demon's Souls 2 and 3.

Not quite deef, Demon's was Sony in Japan and Asia, Atlus in the US and Namco Bandai in Europe.

Dark Souls and Dark Souls II were self-published by From in Japan, and published by Namco Bandai in the US and Europe.

• Upvote 1