Bloodborne - GOTD edition

23 hours ago, robdood said:

Imo Sekiro really isn't any harder than whatever your first souls game was. Remember how the first time through, there were some bits or bosses that absolutely wrecked you. But if you were to revisit them now, they're a lot more doable (and still perhaps an OK challenge)? 

Sekiro is like that, once you 'get' it. 

That’s not really selling it to me, as my first Souls game was Demons and I found it so hard it put me off the entire series until Bloodborne clicked :lol:

I get what you mean though. But with the other games you could always summon an NPC to help right? Or go online. As I understand it, the only way to get past a roadblock in Sekiro is “git gud”?

I hate to stink up the Bloodborne thread with Sekiro talk but personally I felt it has the most bullshit bosses out of any of their games, and you have to fight many of them twice.

I think it's personally fine to not like something from From. Not everything they make will resonate with everyone. I really like the samurai aesthetic, but I'm not sure I like the combat. I think I wanted something more like Tenchu.

31 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

That’s not really selling it to me, as my first Souls game was Demons and I found it so hard it put me off the entire series until Bloodborne clicked :lol:

I get what you mean though. But with the other games you could always summon an NPC to help right? Or go online. As I understand it, the only way to get past a roadblock in Sekiro is “git gud”?

Short answer: yes you have to get good. 

Longer answer: but Sekiro has the best and fairest combat system of all the From Games. Mainly from a defense point of view. 

32 minutes ago, Minion said:

I hate to stink up the Bloodborne thread with Sekiro talk but personally I felt it has the most bullshit bosses out of any of their games, and you have to fight many of them twice.

Weird.  I think it's got the best bosses of their games, again in terms of fairness and how you can learn / dominate them. 

11 minutes ago, squirtle said:

I think it's personally fine to not like something from From. Not everything they make will resonate with everyone. I really like the samurai aesthetic, but I'm not sure I like the combat. I think I wanted something more like Tenchu.

That's fair, and I think they did miss a trick there, sticking to Souls mechanics where they didn't need to.  Shame there wasn't more in terms of setting up traps / etc for enemies and more interesting ninja tools that were around planning and stealth. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

Sekiro is not fit to lick any of the soulsborne games boots.

BZZZZZT. YOUR OPINION IS INVALID. Sorry. 

• 2 weeks later...

After doing DeS, I've gone back to my arcane build. Was right at the end of the ng so let G cut my head off and get what is clearly the best ending. Also nice in ng+ to get some words from the doll on your grave. Anyway, making my way through the Chalice Dungeons now. My Black Sky Eye is just devastating everything.

2 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Oh yeah! If you approach from the rafters I seem to recall that all the Beasts are gathered around it, so you can set the lot on fire.

That's what I did. Idiots.

On 22/09/2020 at 22:31, squirtle said:

Yeah, and although that modded version with Paarl’s attacks and stuff is only available on modded consoles anyone can go see the half finished version through a chalice dungeon glyph. I visited all the weird cut content dungeons when they were discovered and they’re really interesting.

On 27/09/2020 at 16:17, robdood said:

I wish I could afford to get a PS4 pro and tinker with modding it.  I'd love to replay Bloodborne at 60fps :(

I was hoping the version on the PS5 PS+ collection would offer a better framerate, but I've read they're just the PS4 versions. Shame, the stutter from the fucked frame-pacing in this has stopped me from revisiting it. 

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

I was hoping the version on the PS5 PS+ collection would offer a better framerate, but I've read they're just the PS4 versions. Shame, the stutter from the fucked frame-pacing in this has stopped me from revisiting it. 

I have never noticed this once in the nearly three hundred hours I have put into this. Not once. Not ever.

I think the way my LG OLED handles motion doesn't help. But I now really notice it when the frame pacing is off. Thing is, 30fps genuinely is perfectly fine. The Last of Us Part II and Spider-Man are just two games I can think of off the top of my head that get it right. 

1 hour ago, squirtle said:

Anyway, I've decided to get one of the Caryll runes as a tattoo because I really like the design of them, but not sure which to get. What's the consensus?

You won't get one. Get the the one that you like

4 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

You won't get one. Get the the one that you like

I know. My initial thought was the Hunter's one, but I felt that was a bit obvious. I might go for the corruption one... Thing is, they're all great... Hard to choose...

1 hour ago, squirtle said:

Anyway, I've decided to get one of the Caryll runes as a tattoo because I really like the design of them, but not sure which to get. What's the consensus?

Hunter's Mark is cool! 

flat,800x800,075,f-c,0,75,800,331.jpg

31 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Think I'm gonna go with the Beast's Embrace one...

beasts_embrace.jpg

I've been considering a BB tattoo for a while and any search will give you countless Hunter's Mark tattoos. You seemed to enjoy your Beast playthrough, so the Beast's Embrace seems fitting

14 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

I've been considering a BB tattoo for a while and any search will give you countless Hunter's Mark tattoos. You seemed to enjoy your Beast playthrough, so the Beast's Embrace seems fitting

That I did. I don't just want the symbol though, but the whole rune, circle and all. It needs to look like the rune, or what's the point?