Jump to content

Bloodborne - GOTD edition


Recommended Posts

@APM

 

Yep, second dungeon from memory, fixed location if you just want to look it up. It not as left field as what you've just experienced but it's something different and total carnage. :twisted:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/08/2020 at 21:50, Stanshall said:

 

How fucking good, right? 8-)

 

Have you tried the Beast Claw with the Beast Rune?

 

Literally the only downside is if you have tinnitus. That rushing blood whistling in your inner ear. Otherwise, get ready to go ham as fuck. 

Got them. Now to go kill Lawrence for the full on transformation. 

 

Also that Chalice Dungeon is incredible for blood echo farming. You get so many! 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/08/2020 at 22:08, Stanshall said:

@APM

 

Yep, second dungeon from memory, fixed location if you just want to look it up. It not as left field as what you've just experienced but it's something different and total carnage. :twisted:

Lawrence the flaming cunt is down! Beast Mode engaged! :twisted: I know what I'm levelling up to +10 on ng+... 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, APM said:

Lawrence the flaming cunt is down! Beast Mode engaged! :twisted: I know what I'm levelling up to +10 on ng+... 

 

It's a hell of a build. Rip and tear. Screaming bloodlust. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yharnam is scary in terms of damage but I had a harder time with earlier bosses in the chalice dungeon "campaign", so you might find it okay once you get used to the attack patterns. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Qazimod said:

Yharnam is scary in terms of damage but I had a harder time with earlier bosses in the chalice dungeon "campaign", so you might find it okay once you get used to the attack patterns. :) 

Can't be any harder than Lawrence, can it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started a new save because there's a few things I wanted to try. I beat the werewolf at the start and made my way to the lantern. I've opened up all of Yarnham now without dying and went and found some madman's knowledge behind the two rats at the end of that dead end on the floor of the warehouse. I used it and went back to the dream and yes, the doll is alive. I always thought you had to get to a boss to get insight to trigger her, but I guess not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, next finding was a disappointment. I went straight for Gascoigne and took him out. I went into CW and down to where the Cleric Beast leaps off but unfortunately, he wasn't there. I was hoping to find him up there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DC said:

This is still the GOAT. When will it be toppled?

It's certainly amazing, that's for sure. Wish I had played it properly before we voted for games of the decade. 

 

I still have my very first save on the console where I gave up having got to cathedral ward. Took me ten hours. Yesterday, I did the same thing in about hour and a half. I know that's no speed run, but still... 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2020 at 21:54, APM said:

Can't be any harder than Lawrence, can it? 


The defiled chalice is probably the hardest part of the platinum, have you got to it yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Minion said:


The defiled chalice is probably the hardest part of the platinum, have you got to it yet?

No. I keep starting new builds. I need to do the level 4 one yet, Ailing Loran. Is that necessary? I thought Yarnham was in the Great Isz dungeon...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, APM said:

No. I keep starting new builds. I need to do the level 4 one yet, Ailing Loran. Is that necessary? I thought Yarnham was in the Great Isz dungeon...

 

Yeah you need to do Ailing Loran to get the materials to build the Defiled Chalice (I think it's the bastard of Loran stuff),  the defiled is not in Itz it's a Pthumeru - it's only Pthumeru you have to complete to get that trophy but as mentioned Ailing Loran is required for the materials (From don't make things easy do they!), this explains the order you need to do them to get the boss and the trophy (I have a feeling the writers first language may not be English so bear that in mind:

 

 

However if you get proper into chalices for the blood gems and farming then what you need to do is once you get a Depth 5 chalice (the Pthumeru one after defiled or the Great Itz) use all the materials you have available to randomly generate a depth 5 chalice (can be Pthumeru or Itz) with all the offerings - so cursed and rotten or fetid I can't quite remember the name - once you have built a Depth 5 with all offerings you can then use the glyphs to access known chalices that contain certain items or are the best for farming the best gems available - you can also then use the short ritual root chalice to join other hunters ringing their bell in a chalice, because you made a depth 5 with all offerings it basically allows you access to every level of chalice available, this is the method I used to farm blood rocks to get many weapons at +10 as you can buy them for 60 insight and helping people defeat chalice bosses I found the best way to farm the required insight.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, APM said:

By the way, do you need PS+ to do all this? I don't have it and play offline.

 

Oh crap you do need it to access the glyphs I think and the short ritual root chalice which is basically coop, the trophy can be done without it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

Oh crap you do need it to access the glyphs I think and the short ritual root chalice which is basically coop, the trophy can be done without it though.

I thought as much. I'll just go and kill Yarnham and get the trophy and be happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

Oh crap you do need it to access the glyphs I think and the short ritual root chalice which is basically coop, the trophy can be done without it though.

I am tempted to get it just for a month to do some coop if anyone fancies it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2020 at 17:09, APM said:

Anyway, I started another game and am going full on arcane. I also blazed past CB and FG first time and into OY now. I love playing with the werewolves now. :D

Fuck! The arcane build is amazing. Walking around with the flame sprayer and tonitrus... I just took the BSB, WOH and VA down first time with them and barely took a scratch. That thing is a monster when you get your arcane up. So much fun!

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, APM said:

Fuck! The arcane build is amazing. Walking around with the flame sprayer and tonitrus... I just took the BSB, WOH and VA down first time with them and barely took a scratch. That thing is a monster when you get your arcane up. So much fun!

 

That's kind of the trade off I experienced - I was heavily investing in arcane but only tweaking strength or skill enough to wield arcane gear. In the beginning it was pretty rough but once you've raised your level enough you'll find that certain tools and buffs decimate lifebars. :) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Qazimod said:

 

That's kind of the trade off I experienced - I was heavily investing in arcane but only tweaking strength or skill enough to wield arcane gear. In the beginning it was pretty rough but once you've raised your level enough you'll find that certain tools and buffs decimate lifebars. :) 

I didn't find the early part too bad. Like I said, took the CB and FG down in one go and I've also made my way through the first chalice dungeon as well. I'm just about to go and fight the SOY which is always a fun fight. I've been playing with the Beast Roar as well. That's a fun toy.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.