rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

32 minutes ago, JPL said:

I might set him going on Dark Souls 3 then. Watch your back!

Ha ha! Will do! 

FFS. This thread fills me with shame. I got so far...

Maybe @PeteBrant can inspire me to return. 

After Tsushima. 

10 minutes ago, spanx said:

FFS. This thread fills me with shame. I got so far...

Maybe @PeteBrant can inspire me to return. 

After Tsushima. 

Played some more tonight . Tried the cleric beast . Got my arsenal handed to me . Went on a wander , farmed some blood , levelled up , upgraded my weapon . Got sloppy a few times , but a plan of action for tomorrow ... then it will be a break for a bit cos I have Tsushima downloaded ready Too.

I found the Cleric Beast a real sod, not because he was particularly difficult but the tightness of the environment there made the camera behave like a right twat. 

Still remember the surge of joy beating him though. A genuine “aha, maybe I can do this” moment. 

9 minutes ago, spanx said:

I found the Cleric Beast a real sod, not because he was particularly difficult but the tightness of the environment there made the camera behave like a right twat. 

Still remember the surge of joy beating him though. A genuine “aha, maybe I can do this” moment. 

And then you realise... 

Spoiler

That it's completely optional... 

25 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Played some more tonight . Tried the cleric beast . Got my arsenal handed to me . Went on a wander , farmed some blood , levelled up , upgraded my weapon . Got sloppy a few times , but a plan of action for tomorrow ... then it will be a break for a bit cos I have Tsushima downloaded ready Too.

It won't be as good as BB so you might as well play that first. I still haven't played The Last of Us 2 because BB and the Souls stuff won't let me. 

On 06/07/2020 at 09:26, Davros sock drawer said:

Amazing! Was worried about you :lol:

It's such a good feeling eh? My gf beat Quelaag in Dark Souls yesterday, after an afternoon of trudging through the poison swamp to get to her. She was in such a rage. After a frantic, desperate attempt, she managed to win, turned to me and said "This is the best game ever". I didn't think it was the right time to tell her "No, that's actually Bloodborne". 

I beat Quelaag today. It was a little underwhelming, I have to say. I don't mean to be down on the game, but the bosses are... Not that challenging, and just a bit dull. 

Well, you have just rinsed Bloodborne I guess, so I imagine these may feel a bit easy. I suspect you’d feel differently if this was your first Souls game? I dunno, I went straight to Dark Souls on PS3 after Bloodborne and I enjoyed the bosses well enough. I don’t think I struggled with Quelaag particularly, but everyone seems to get stuck on bosses against which their play style doesn’t work. Rom (for me the easiest boss in Bloodborne) is a perfect example.

Dark Souls does have some notoriously difficult bosses later on though. Be interesting to hear how you get on against the DLC bosses in particular...

10 hours ago, APM said:

I beat Quelaag today. It was a little underwhelming, I have to say. I don't mean to be down on the game, but the bosses are... Not that challenging, and just a bit dull. 

I agree, the bosses in BB and DS3 are the best they've done. I know this isn't the DS3 thread but have you got the DLC for that as there are some truly epic boss fights in the dlc for DS3?

48 minutes ago, Minion said:

I agree, the bosses in BB and DS3 are the best they've done. I know this isn't the DS3 thread but have you got the DLC for that as there are some truly epic boss fights in the dlc for DS3?

No. I'll see how I get on with it first. I'm in some woods at the moment. I ran away from some big tree boss, though. Way to scary right now. 

46 minutes ago, APM said:

No. I'll see how I get on with it first. I'm in some woods at the moment. I ran away from some big tree boss, though. Way to scary right now. 

He's a pussy cat! Go back :)

5 minutes ago, Minion said:

He's a pussy cat! Go back :)

I didn't like that I had to hit his tree balls to hurt him. 

20 minutes ago, APM said:

I didn't like that I had to hit his tree balls to hurt him. 

Yeah it's a bit gross and also one of the 'gimmick' bosses in the game due to the said balls.

My son has now killed A in NF and LtA in the DLC and is now free roaming around the research centre. He says he's off back to kill L in the DLC as well.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, APM said:

My son has now killed A in NF and LtA in the DLC and is now free roaming around the research centre. He says he's off back to kill L in the DLC as well.

Jesus. He loving it then?

55 minutes ago, DC said:

Jesus. He loving it then?

Yeah, very much. He's coming with his own theories around the story and everything. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, APM said:

Yeah, very much. He's coming with his own theories around the story and everything. 

"Is it Ghostbusters 2? But in Victorian England?"

6 minutes ago, Ozzy Womandias said:

"Is it Ghostbusters 2? But in Victorian England?"

You'd be surprised. He's trying to figure out what happened to Micolash after he "woke up". He's also trying to figure out what the other people in the chairs in the head cages were doing dotted about UVY.

• Upvote 2

My son is now banging his axe against Laurence. Finally, a boss that is kicking his ass! I've been laughing at him. He hates me. 

• Upvote 2

Who's laughing now? Laurence, Kos, Gherim and The MP all done in about half an hour. I'm not sure what to say...

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, APM said:

Who's laughing now? Laurence, Kos, Gherim and The MP all done in about half an hour. I'm not sure what to say...

Get him through Chalice Dungeons next.  Cursed and defiled should take you both down a peg or two! ;)

34 minutes ago, robdood said:

Get him through Chalice Dungeons next.  Cursed and defiled should take you both down a peg or two! ;)

Not me, him! I had nothing to do with the above. 

I really need to get back to this, but work’s been getting in the way.

I’m worried I’ll have lost my skills though and I’ve got 4 tough directions to go. Darkbeast Paarl, The One Reborn, Master Logarius and The Altar of Despair. Which order shall I tackle them in?

TOR advances the story. All the others are optional. TOR is easy, too. Just wail on him with bolt. 

• Upvote 1

TOR is one of the easiest bosses in the game - if you're aggressive enough you can keep regaining health with rally, and the bell ringers can be ignored. The others can be left until later in the game, and then when you're even more levelled up you'll have an easier time.

Since it's in the vicinity of TOR, I'd try Paarl as well, it should be easy by now. You can leave the harder optional bosses for later.

5 minutes ago, APM said:

TOR advances the story. All the others are optional. TOR is easy, too. Just wail on him with bolt. 

The Tonitrus has become my secondary weapon of choice. I love the thing!

Thanks for all the tips. I’ll go TOR then and maybe have a few cracks at the others for fun.