Bloodborne - GOTD edition

20 minutes ago, APM said:

I didn't like that I had to hit his tree balls to hurt him. 

Yeah it's a bit gross and also one of the 'gimmick' bosses in the game due to the said balls.

5 hours ago, APM said:

My son has now killed A in NF and LtA in the DLC and is now free roaming around the research centre. He says he's off back to kill L in the DLC as well.

Jesus. He loving it then?

6 minutes ago, Ozzy Womandias said:

"Is it Ghostbusters 2? But in Victorian England?"

You'd be surprised. He's trying to figure out what happened to Micolash after he "woke up". He's also trying to figure out what the other people in the chairs in the head cages were doing dotted about UVY.

• Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, APM said:

Who's laughing now? Laurence, Kos, Gherim and The MP all done in about half an hour. I'm not sure what to say...

Get him through Chalice Dungeons next.  Cursed and defiled should take you both down a peg or two! ;)

34 minutes ago, robdood said:

Get him through Chalice Dungeons next.  Cursed and defiled should take you both down a peg or two! ;)

Not me, him! I had nothing to do with the above. 

I really need to get back to this, but work’s been getting in the way.

I’m worried I’ll have lost my skills though and I’ve got 4 tough directions to go. Darkbeast Paarl, The One Reborn, Master Logarius and The Altar of Despair. Which order shall I tackle them in?

TOR is one of the easiest bosses in the game - if you're aggressive enough you can keep regaining health with rally, and the bell ringers can be ignored. The others can be left until later in the game, and then when you're even more levelled up you'll have an easier time.

5 minutes ago, APM said:

TOR advances the story. All the others are optional. TOR is easy, too. Just wail on him with bolt. 

The Tonitrus has become my secondary weapon of choice. I love the thing!

Thanks for all the tips. I’ll go TOR then and maybe have a few cracks at the others for fun.

11 minutes ago, JPL said:

Oh, I’ve also got Amygdala in another direction as well. 5 bosses in every direction!

He's optional too, but does give you a good reward. He's not too hard to. Stay underneath him and whittle him down. In his second form, when he jumps stand still. He shouldn't hit you, then resume hitting him. Repeat. 

• 3 weeks later...

Went back to this today. My save was in the Research Hall in the dlc. Fucking hell, the relaxed, almost soporific atmosphere of the dark souls games had left me almost unable to function in the world of Yarnham. Took me quite some time to rev through the gears and get up to speed, but after a while, I made it through and killed the Living Mistakes and then went on to take down Maria.

Still got it. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, amorenod said:

I use a Shaman Bone Blade as soon as the one in the well runs to awake its brother, if you're lucky you can even get a double KO

I'll give that a go, cheers. 

I killed OoK again. That's still such a draining fight. Anyway, I used the milkweed rune with Kos Parasite. Ha ha! That was unexpected. 

• Upvote 1

Hah! I totally cheesed those sharks. I killed the winter Lanterns on the ledge then managed to land a poison dagger on the big one. He came over to the ledge and kept trying to attack me up there. He's big enough that his head was above the lip of the ledge so when he finished his move, I ran in and walloped him with my big sword then backed out. Rinse, repeat, and used the Tiny Tonitrus on the pair of them from a distance too. Rakuya is mine! 

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, APM said:

Anyway, I used the milkweed rune with Kos Parasite. Ha ha! That was unexpected. 

How fucking good, right? 8-)

Have you tried the Beast Claw with the Beast Rune?

Literally the only downside is if you have tinnitus. That rushing blood whistling in your inner ear. Otherwise, get ready to go ham as fuck. 

4 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

How fucking good, right? 8-)

Have you tried the Beast Claw with the Beast Rune?

Literally the only downside is if you have tinnitus. That rushing blood whistling in your inner ear. Otherwise, get ready to go ham as fuck. 

I still haven't got that. Think it's the only weapon I have left to pick up. It's down in the dungeons somewhere, isn't it?