rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

I’ve been trying for ages to get a skip to work but it’s fucking impossible, made worse by the cunts on YouTube seemingly having NO problems doing it.

Rom down on my first attempt today. Pretty easy really with the Tonitrus.

But now... what the actual fuck is going on?!

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, JPL said:

Rom down on my first attempt today. Pretty easy really with the Tonitrus.

But now... what the actual fuck is going on?!

The real Bloodborne starts here, man. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, robdood said:

The real Bloodborne starts here, man. 

Lasers!

• Upvote 1

Well, that’s Yahar’gul Chapel totally rinsed. Those 3 hunters were tricky bastards, but I baited them outside one at a time which made things a lot easier. Now just TOR to sort out.

In the meantime I’m off to Upper Cathedral Ward for a poke around and to get my level up a bit.

TOR can wait til tomorrow.

• Upvote 3

Love Upper Cathedral Ward. But not as good as Cainhurst. Have you been there yet? 

7 hours ago, APM said:

Love Upper Cathedral Ward. But not as good as Cainhurst. Have you been there yet? 

No, not yet. Where is it? I thought UCW was my only unexplored area.

43 minutes ago, JPL said:

No, not yet. Where is it? I thought UCW was my only unexplored area.

if you haven’t been to Cainhurst yet...

You may have missed a route in the Forbidden Woods...

34 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

if you haven’t been to Cainhurst yet...

Hide contents

You may have missed a route in the Forbidden Woods...

Off back there I go then. I honestly thought I’d thoroughly explored every area, but obviously not!

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Off back there I go then. I honestly thought I’d thoroughly explored every area, but obviously not!

Have you found the White Church Garb? If so, there's a reason you pick that up around where you do...

@JPL just watched my son kill the Shadows on his third go... 

He's off to kill Rom now having slaughtered that hunter. The boy's a monster. 

7 minutes ago, APM said:

@JPL just watched my son kill the Shadows on his third go... 

He's off to kill Rom now having slaughtered that hunter. The boy's a monster. 

Jesus! He’s definitely got skills. He’ll do Rom first go no doubt!

My journey is at a bit of an impasse in every direction. TOR in one direction, ML in another and I’m really struggling against the brainsuckers in Upper Cathedral Ward. Every route ends in death!

I’ve started playing this . I picked it up at launch and just couldn’t  get on with it. It’s one of my big gaming regrets not giving this a proper go given the praise it gets . So I watched a couple of @robdood a YouTube vids and they inspired me . I’m not very far in, but ... I am further along than I have ever got and I am doing visceral attacks and stuff ... I don’t want to push it cos I haven’t actually beaten anything of note yet, but Im finding it far accessible this time round . 

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, JPL said:

Jesus! He’s definitely got skills. He’ll do Rom first go no doubt!

My journey is at a bit of an impasse in every direction. TOR in one direction, ML in another and I’m really struggling against the brainsuckers in Upper Cathedral Ward. Every route ends in death!

Martyr Logarius? Yeah, he's tough, but there are some tricks to him. I posted a video a page or so back of me beating him. That might help. I just kept my distance and get him to do the rise in the air attack. Your can run beneath him and get him from behind. 

Oh, and my son beat Rom on his second go. 

1 minute ago, APM said:

Martyr Logarius? Yeah, he's tough, but there are some tricks to him. I posted a video a page or so back of me beating him. That might help. I just kept my distance and get him to do the rise in the air attack. Your can run beneath him and get him from behind. 

Oh, and my son beat Rom on his second go. 

I’ll have a look for your video. I’ve been trying to get up in his face, but his magic attacks can be brutal. I’ll get him though.

Your son will be overtaking me soon enough, but I’m putting that down to me not getting much playtime due to work, kids, etc. It’s got nothing to do with me being old and shit. No sir!

I see you’re playing DS and DS3 now. Don’t tell them over in the Dark Souls thread, but I prefer 3. Much better movement, great bosses and excellent interconnected locations, although not as good as the original. Some of the views you get where you realise that you were over in the distance earlier in the game are fantastic. How you finding it?

4 minutes ago, JPL said:

I’ll have a look for your video. I’ve been trying to get up in his face, but his magic attacks can be brutal. I’ll get him though.

Your son will be overtaking me soon enough, but I’m putting that down to me not getting much playtime due to work, kids, etc. It’s got nothing to do with me being old and shit. No sir!

I see you’re playing DS and DS3 now. Don’t tell them over in the Dark Souls thread, but I prefer 3. Much better movement, great bosses and excellent interconnected locations, although not as good as the original. Some of the views you get where you realise that you were over in the distance earlier in the game are fantastic. How you finding it?

Really enjoying 3, finding 1 a bit of a slog, if I'm honest. I can see why it's reverted and everything at it is very, very good and cleverly designed, but it's just so slow coming to it after BB. And that's really hard to get around at this point. DS3 feels like it's taken loads from BB and I'm finding it much more enjoyable. 

As for ML his magic attacks are quite telegraphed. His multi skull is easily rolled through, his short range one always comes from one side so go the other way and if he does the big one, dodge away from it. When he switches to the melee attack and sticking his sword in the floor, lock on to the sword asap and just shoot it. Keep moving, keep your distance and try get him in the air so when he heads towards you run under him and twat him in the back. 

TOR... I never bothered with the bell ringers. Just fired up my saw blade, got round the back of him and killed him. I think I did him first go first time around. 

2 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

I’ve started playing this . I picked it up at launch and just couldn’t  get on with it. It’s one of my big gaming regrets not giving this a proper go given the praise it gets . So I watched a couple of @robdood a YouTube vids and they inspired me . I’m not very far in, but ... I am further along than I have ever got and I am doing visceral attacks and stuff ... I don’t want to push it cos I haven’t actually beaten anything of note yet, but Im finding it far accessible this time round . 

Tonight.. PeteBrant joins the hunt! <3

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, robdood said:

Tonight.. PeteBrant joins the hunt! <3

Do I get to be you guys now when I started out? 

1 minute ago, APM said:

Do I get to be you guys now when I started out? 

Of course! No permission required. We gotta make sure Pete makes it through, now. 

• Upvote 1

Sweet. I'll get my boy to give you some pointers. 

2 hours ago, Hawklord said:

The student becomes the teacher :) 

My son is now up to MWN... He'll have it clocked tonight, I would have thought. Although he does have the DLC to do as well. I think he did up to L already, though. And he still needs to do FCC. OK, tomorrow, he'll be done.

• Upvote 2

Is he past me then? I don’t recognise those initials.

How did he get on with Logarius? I just had a quick go at him and he put his sword down through the geometry, so I couldn’t get rid of it. I was proper robbed.

I only started this. Probably 3 hours in at this stage but I haven't got to the second lantern in Central Yarnham yet, the one past the big bonfire. I know where it is and have been close a couple of times, but should it be this hard? Am I being extra derpy at this stage?

You're not being extra derpy. The start of the game is basically the hardest part of the game for most people, especially if it's your first time.

• Upvote 1

Ah! Good to know! Really enjoying it, even though I'm just repeating the same section over and over! :)

2 hours ago, JPL said:

Is he past me then? I don’t recognise those initials.

How did he get on with Logarius? I just had a quick go at him and he put his sword down through the geometry, so I couldn’t get rid of it. I was proper robbed.

Yeah, he's killed Logarius, E:DOTC and just about everyone else. 

7 minutes ago, APM said:

Yeah, he's killed Logarius, E:DOTC and just about everyone else. 

How old is he? My eldest son keeps pestering me to let him play Dark Souls, but he’s only 10, so I’m not sure yet.

But, I’d love to watch him rip through it, like your lad is doing with Bloodborne, so I’m torn!

11 minutes ago, JPL said:

How old is he? My eldest son keeps pestering me to let him play Dark Souls, but he’s only 10, so I’m not sure yet.

But, I’d love to watch him rip through it, like your lad is doing with Bloodborne, so I’m torn!

He's 11. He watched me play some of it first and although there is a lot of blood, everything comes back to life so it's not dead, which helps. It's also so over the top as to be almost cartoonish. He's loved it. I've not seen him this addicted to a single player game since BOTW came out. When was that? Three, four years ago. He was seven or eight and used to play with the Lyanels in that as well. Just toy with them until he killed them 

I also think there's nothing in dark souls that would trouble a ten year old. It's all fantasy monsters. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, APM said:

He's 11. He watched me play some of it first and although there is a lot of blood, everything comes back to life so it's not dead, which helps. It's also so over the top as to be almost cartoonish. He's loved it. I've not seen him this addicted to a single player game since BOTW came out. When was that? Three, four years ago. He was seven or eight and used to play with the Lyanels in that as well. Just toy with them until he killed them 

I also think there's nothing in dark souls that would trouble a ten year old. It's all fantasy monsters. 

I might set him going on Dark Souls 3 then. Watch your back!