Bloodborne - GOTD edition

I started DS:R on the Switch. I made it through the opening dungeon and boss without dieing, then fell off a cliff. Made my way through undead Burg. Cursed the slowness of the combat. Killed the Taurus Demon at the first attempt. Kicked the ladder down for the shortcut and now can't seem to see a way past a big iron dog thing. 

It feels a real step down in every way from BB. I'll persevere but it feels really obtuse in every way. 

It is far more than obtuse, and has an enormous amount more depth to it. Completely different rhythm. 

It's considerably superior to Bloodborne in a number of ways, but nothing like as immediate. It's deeper, and requires a different approach. You can't R1 spam your way out of anything. 

I got something off a shrine after killing a big Knight in black. It says it enhances the estus flask, but if I use it says it will lose that ability. I'm not sure whether to use it. 

I feel I should take this to the DS thread. 

1 hour ago, APM said:

I got something off a shrine after killing a big Knight in black. It says it enhances the estus flask, but if I use it says it will lose that ability. I'm not sure whether to use it. 

The name of the item is a clue and yeah, come on over to the DS thread :)

Fucking Rom. That’s all I’ve got to say at this point.

I think I’ve got a strategy forming, so I’ll report back tonight once I’ve had a chance to put it into action.

12 minutes ago, JPL said:

Fucking Rom. That’s all I’ve got to say at this point.

I think I’ve got a strategy forming, so I’ll report back tonight once I’ve had a chance to put it into action.

Rom is a tricky one.  I think the most important tip, imo, is to learn how to dodge the magic attacks once she starts doing them.  Watch the animations and you can figure out which kind of attack is coming.  Break lock on and run diagonally/sideways to avoid the magic meteors! 

Other than that, don't get greedy, keep an eye on those other spideys.  Thinning them out can be worth it, but is defo not essential..

19 minutes ago, robdood said:

Rom is a tricky one.  I think the most important tip, imo, is to learn how to dodge the magic attacks once she starts doing them.  Watch the animations and you can figure out which kind of attack is coming.  Break lock on and run diagonally/sideways to avoid the magic meteors! 

Other than that, don't get greedy, keep an eye on those other spideys.  Thinning them out can be worth it, but is defo not essential..

Yeah, I’ve got most of his attacks down now, so I know what’s coming.

My plan is to try and fuck him up as much as I can on his first phase. Clear out the spiders, then really go to work on him before he teleports. I’ve been trying out a few different things and he seems to be pretty weak against fire, so I’ll be going in with a big stock of molotovs on my next attempt.

@APM That’s an interesting idea. I don’t actually think I’ve tried bolt on him yet. I went for fire, as I presumed he was a beast and beasts don’t like fire. I presumed bolt was better against the more human looking enemies.

13 hours ago, APM said:

He's in boys. We got another one! :)

1 hour ago, JPL said:

as I presumed he was a beast and beasts don’t like fire.

Beasts don't like fire.  

But beasts are furry, wolf-like creatures in Bloodborne.  Or have 'beast' in their name if a boss :)

My son started a play through yesterday. Cleric beast - second go. FG - second go. VA - first go. Witches - second go. BSB - second go. He's now blasting through the NF having been taken there by the A just before UV. I've taught him well. He's eleven, by the way and he wields an axe like a madman. 

Well, that’s Yahar’gul Chapel totally rinsed. Those 3 hunters were tricky bastards, but I baited them outside one at a time which made things a lot easier. Now just TOR to sort out.

In the meantime I’m off to Upper Cathedral Ward for a poke around and to get my level up a bit.

TOR can wait til tomorrow.

7 hours ago, APM said:

Love Upper Cathedral Ward. But not as good as Cainhurst. Have you been there yet? 

No, not yet. Where is it? I thought UCW was my only unexplored area.

34 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

if you haven’t been to Cainhurst yet...

Hide contents

You may have missed a route in the Forbidden Woods...

Off back there I go then. I honestly thought I’d thoroughly explored every area, but obviously not!

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Off back there I go then. I honestly thought I’d thoroughly explored every area, but obviously not!

Have you found the White Church Garb? If so, there's a reason you pick that up around where you do...

7 minutes ago, APM said:

@JPL just watched my son kill the Shadows on his third go... 

He's off to kill Rom now having slaughtered that hunter. The boy's a monster. 

Jesus! He’s definitely got skills. He’ll do Rom first go no doubt!

My journey is at a bit of an impasse in every direction. TOR in one direction, ML in another and I’m really struggling against the brainsuckers in Upper Cathedral Ward. Every route ends in death!