rllmuk

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

2 hours ago, JPL said:

Meanwhile, I’m still stuck on those bastard Shadows of Yharnam. I just can’t seem to catch a break with them and it’s really pissing me off.

Are there any foolproof methods for taking them down?

I usually start with the Katana guy, but those other two fuckers always seem to get me in a pincer move and as soon as the one with the flamethrower gets going, I’m dead pretty much immediately.

It totally feels like a game of chance. I’ve watched plenty of videos on YouTube and they seem to be able to easily split them up around the giant gravestone, to take them on one at once. It just doesn’t work like that for me and I must have tried over 30 times now.

If there’s no easy method, then this is where me and Bloodborne part company.

Figure out which one is the fireball one and target him. Dodge sideways around him until you can see all three of them. Try to move backwards a bit so they all rush towards you and hit the closest one who you’re targeted on. Dodge sideways and backwards and try to repeat. Get to the big grave if you can, but anything in the arena you can dodge around, even small things, will interrupt their movement and slow them down.

When you kill the first one, switch to the stretchy bastard with the katana. Again try to keep them both in view and attempt to dodge close to items in the arena. If you kill him the last one goes all snakey. He’s more like a normal boss but unlock and roll away when he sticks his hand in the ground.

If that doesn’t work, summon one of us. Someone always used to have a character available when people got really stuck. I’ll check if I’ve got someone with access to the forest, and if not I can get there in an hour or two and help you out.

10 hours ago, Melon_Bread said:

There are 2 npc summons for that fight, just did it myself, they help quite a bit.

I had to look this up, but I’m still not sure how to get Henryk to appear. I probably messed it up, because I killed Eileen early on to get the Blades of Mercy (which I still haven’t bought!). He’s definitely not in FG’s area when I go back though, so without killing him, I don’t think I can summon him. Does anyone know if that’s right?

@Broker I don’t have PS+, so not sure if you’ll be able to join me. Is that right?

If both of those are a no go, I’ll just keep trying. I was just feeling a bit down with it last night, but I’m sure I’ll take them down on my first attempt today!

15 hours ago, JPL said:

Meanwhile, I’m still stuck on those bastard Shadows of Yharnam. I just can’t seem to catch a break with them and it’s really pissing me off.

I'm kinda echoing what has already been said, but: it's paramount that you keep all three of them in your line of sight as much as possible. It allows you to more easily react to whatever bullshit they throw at you.

Also: learn the route from the lantern to the boss arena so you can quickly and easily make a beeline towards them after dying.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy Womandias said:

Also: learn the route from the lantern to the boss arena so you can quickly and easily make a beeline towards them after dying.

Yeah, I've got a route that only takes a minute or so. It's still a bit of a pain having to do it over and over again though.

3 hours ago, JPL said:

I had to look this up, but I’m still not sure how to get Henryk to appear. I probably messed it up, because I killed Eileen early on to get the Blades of Mercy (which I still haven’t bought!). He’s definitely not in FG’s area when I go back though, so without killing him, I don’t think I can summon him. Does anyone know if that’s right?

@Broker I don’t have PS+, so not sure if you’ll be able to join me. Is that right?

If both of those are a no go, I’ll just keep trying. I was just feeling a bit down with it last night, but I’m sure I’ll take them down on my first attempt today!

Henryk needs some specific things to have happened before you can summon him...

Spoiler

First, you have to kill Henryk at the Tomb of Oedon

You also need to be a member of The League and have equipped the Impurity Rune

2 hours ago, JPL said:

Yeah, I've got a route that only takes a minute or so. It's still a bit of a pain having to do it over and over again though.

Took a couple of goes but I did them this morning...

I changed my tactic and made a beeline for the fireball guy as he's the easiest to take out. Yes, I have a summons. Anyway, it took a few tries, but this was my tactic and it worked in the end.

Also, this happened...

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Haha! Amazing.

I fucking loved exploring Old Yarnham on my first playthrough. So intimidating when you are under fire whilst dealing with all the hairy beasts. 

I presume you found the Rifle Spear there @APM ?

Yeah, I did, down in the secret room... Just killed the DBP to get the bolt paper available. Now to kill R. 

4 hours ago, JPL said:

I assume you will need PS+ to play online, which is stupid and sucks.

35 minutes ago, Broker said:

I assume you will need PS+ to play online, which is stupid and sucks.

Yeah, it’s a bit of a shitter. Never mind, I’m sure I’ll do it using @APM’s method above.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Hawklord said:

Henryk needs some specific things to have happened before you can summon him...

Hide contents

First, you have to kill Henryk at the Tomb of Oedon

You also need to be a member of The League and have equipped the Impurity Rune

I’ve done the two things you’ve mentioned in your spoiler, but he doesn’t appear at the Tomb of Odeon.

I wonder if it’s because I killed Eileen. That’s all I can think it could be.

5 hours ago, APM said:

Took a couple of goes but I did them this morning...

I changed my tactic and made a beeline for the fireball guy as he's the easiest to take out. Yes, I have a summons. Anyway, it took a few tries, but this was my tactic and it worked in the end.

Also, this happened...

I’ve had a couple more goes with the Madras Twin, but I’ve no idea how you do it in your video. I leave him to it and go for the fire dude, but he dies within seconds, leaving me stranded with all 3 of them on pretty much full health.

Such a shit and annoying boss, that feels totally random. I’m doing nothing different from what you’re doing, but it’s just not working out the same.

I feel like smashing my PS4 up, it’s winding me up that much!

1 minute ago, JPL said:

I’ve had a couple more goes with the Madras Twin, but I’ve no idea how you do it in your video. I leave him to it and go for the fire dude, but he dies within seconds, leaving me stranded with all 3 of them on pretty much full health.

Such a shit and annoying boss, that feels totally random. I’m doing nothing different from what you’re doing, but it’s just not working out the same.

I feel like smashing my PS4 up, it’s winding me up that much!

What level are you at? Is it worth investing a month of PS+ and getting someone in to help. I don't have PS+ but I'll get a month and help you out if need be. Might be fun. I'll bring in my NG++ character and they'll be dead in moments.

In other news on my playthrough...

Spoiler

I beat DBP, then R The Annoying Bastard then TOR and the three hunters in the Old Village Chapel. I could have skipped them because I totally rinsed the old village before I killed R and opened that door near the defunct lamp. This then allowed me to bypass the level by taking the shortcut in the lift and using the bath to take me to TOR pretty much. Who I killed first go. Now into the nightmare!

1 minute ago, APM said:

What level are you at? Is it worth investing a month of PS+ and getting someone in to help. I don't have PS+ but I'll get a month and help you out if need be. Might be fun. I'll bring in my NG++ character and they'll be dead in moments.

In other news on my playthrough...

Hide contents

I beat DBP, then R The Annoying Bastard then TOR and the three hunters in the Old Village Chapel. I could have skipped them because I totally rinsed the old village before I killed R and opened that door near the defunct lamp. This then allowed me to bypass the level by taking the shortcut in the lift and using the bath to take me to TOR pretty much. Who I killed first go. Now into the nightmare!

I’m level 48, so they really shouldn’t be a problem. It’s the complete randomness that seems to be getting me, as I don’t really think they’re all that tough. Maybe I’ve just been massively unlucky in the way they’re attacking or something, because I’ve not had all that much of a problem with anything up to this point.

Re: Shadows, I dunno what to say man, they're one of the easiest bosses in the game once you figure out your rhythm. Here's two old videos of me beating them. 

9 minutes ago, robdood said:

Re: Shadows, I dunno what to say man, they're one of the easiest bosses in the game once you figure out your rhythm. Here's two old videos of me beating them. 

I don't think there is an "easy" boss in the game. I've been reading through the thread over the last few days and one thing that stands out is how different people have issues with different bosses and sail through others. Like I hate Rom, but I breezed past VA on my first go when I went through it first time. SOY can be fucking annoying at times, and it seems that this boss is JPL's achilles heel. Like I said earlier, have you got the gun parry down? It's really useful on these.

• Upvote 2

I'd defo recommend fishing for parries vs the sword guy.  I do it in the above videos, you only need about 3 parries and he'll be dead.   Keep distance from the others, wathc the attacks, wait for sword guy to get close and attack, then shoot.  Repeat until dead. 

Then just beat the fuck out of the other two, they're useless, pretty much. 

39 minutes ago, robdood said:

You make it look so easy. These bastards won’t beat me. Tomorrow they’re mine.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, APM said:

Like I said earlier, have you got the gun parry down? It's really useful on these.

Not yet, but I’ll keep trying.

I fully explored NF this morning. Didn't kill A, but cleaned the place out and found a whole new area I had missed before with 

Spoiler

That dick Patches who kicked me off a ledge. I also got something that let's me turn into the messengers which is fun. 

Going to FCC next. Not looking guard to ML. I hate that guy. 

• Upvote 2
On 04/07/2020 at 13:14, JPL said:

First go today and they’re down! Now on to Byrgenwerth.

Amazing! Was worried about you :lol:

It's such a good feeling eh? My gf beat Quelaag in Dark Souls yesterday, after an afternoon of trudging through the poison swamp to get to her. She was in such a rage. After a frantic, desperate attempt, she managed to win, turned to me and said "This is the best game ever". I didn't think it was the right time to tell her "No, that's actually Bloodborne". 

• Upvote 3

Fuck! On new normal playthrough, chalice dungeon stuff... 

Spoiler

That Undead Giant is kicking my ass. I nearly had him, but got cocky and dead. 

Aside from MWN I have nothing left to do. Killed all the optional stuff and now just the chalice dungeons to plow through. My son has also started playing it. I think I've done a bad thing. 

I suppose I could do the DLC again as well...