rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

7 minutes ago, APM said:

OK. I'll see what I need to from there. 

Here are some links with glyphs and items available in the said chalice:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/edit?pli=1#gid=1814333532

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k4GzUMm4-PdLK_mzkMpEdb7cOf5_mdV15tR9G0w2mbA/edit#gid=1465800775

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU/edit#gid=0

First one is the best and there is probably repetition between all 3

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Minion said:

It's like I've been taking French lessons and think I can speak French, then I've gone to France and realised all I could do was shout loudly in English... 

• Upvote 1

Anyway, Ghermin and Moon face done. Relatively easy compared to Kos. NG++... 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, APM said:

It's like I've been taking French lessons and think I can speak French, then I've gone to France and realised all I could do was shout loudly in English... 

Yeah sorry it's not exactly what you were asking about, the only advice I can give in regards to finding the items you need to make the next chalice are to google exactly what you need, you will likely find youtube videos showing you where to find them and in which chalice.

6 minutes ago, Minion said:

Yeah sorry it's not exactly what you were asking about, the only advice I can give in regards to finding the items you need to make the next chalice are to google exactly what you need, you will likely find youtube videos showing you where to find them and in which chalice.

I was just having a bit of a laugh that there seems to be this level to the game I have no clue about. 

Fair play, though. Couple of weeks ago you were humming and hawing a bit and now you're romping through NG+! 

I would recommend the Chalices in NG++. You shouldn't have to repeat any but if you do to unlock the next level, it shouldn't take very long. There will be some new unseen bosses and areas, as well. 

1 minute ago, Stanshall said:

Fair play, though. Couple of weeks ago you were humming and hawing a bit and now you're romping through NG+! 

I would recommend the Chalices in NG++. You shouldn't have to repeat any but if you do to unlock the next level, it shouldn't take very long. There will be some new unseen bosses and areas, as well. 

Ha, thanks. I will attempt the chalices now. I have nearly 700k echoes and am I right in thinking I can't do shit with them until I smoke the Cleric Beast again? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, APM said:

Ha, thanks. I will attempt the chalices now. I have nearly 700k echoes and am I right in thinking I can't do shit with them until I smoke the Cleric Beast again? 

Correct, though if you were planning on spending them you might want to kill him first!

3 minutes ago, Minion said:

Correct, though if you were planning on spending them you might want to kill him first!

Smoke... Kill... The tensest fight ever! 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, petrolgirls said:

@APM interested in what your overall thoughts of the game are now?

They haven't fully formed yet, because I want to see and achieve the final ending I need to see so it means going through it again. I do have another save from when I first started it just after I had killed FG and never went back to it. I might try that one as NG++ might be a little too exhausting... 

As to what I think. It's obviously a very good game. I think when you look back at it from the other side, seeing it all behind you, it doesn't seem quite as daunting and as big as it first seems. Each area you get to, that death knell of a sound, just inspires dread when you first hit them, but seeing everything in reverse you can see it for the finely crafted world it is. I will say, though, that despite the various side areas you can go to, the progression through each level feels a little rote... Like, you know you are going to loop back to the beginning of the level at some point when there is door right there or a lift saying "Ah! Ah! Ah! Not from this side!". That starts to feel a little forced after a while. It's great when you find the back of Iosefka's clinic, though, and I wish there had been more looping like that in the game. I also think it's criminal that FCC is an optional extra when it's the best level in the game with one of the best bosses, too.

As for the story, it's pretty good and I like the way the optional stuff like the chalice dungeons are woven into the backstory and that where you are in the story is just another cog along the way.

I would like to discuss the endings though, if anyone wants to do that. I know I'm four years late, but I live in hope.

I'm sure I'll think on it some more and have more to say at some point.

• Upvote 4

Right, so that's CB, FG and WoH dead in ng++. Took a different route. Bought the key to the gate in CW and went around that way. Interesting to do it like that. 

• Upvote 2

I'm rocking a +10 Threaded Cane and Church Pick for this run through. Really want to power up the Amygdala Arm, though. That thing is nasty. 

• Upvote 3

I killed the bsb and dbp and befriended Djura. Interesting to do it this way, but now, VA awaits. 

I'll give that a read later. Not sure six beers in - Liverpool won the league tonight - I can take it all in. 

On 24/06/2020 at 22:10, APM said:

I'm rocking a +10 Threaded Cane and Church Pick for this run through. Really want to power up the Amygdala Arm, though. That thing is nasty. 

I used that A LOT when I found it in the DLC. It's so satisfying.

I just watched this.

Fantastic trailer.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, APM said:

I just watched this.

Fantastic trailer.

*Shivers*

I started a new run through. I have to stop playing this game. Anyway, big axe and blunderbus. Killed CB, FG and Bob and now going to avoid VA until I have to fight her. 

Story question that I've never had really answered: What is the real world? Is it Yarnham and the main game? Or is it the Hunter's Dream? How does the bloody werewolf at the start come out of the blood if it is not a dream? The messengers too? Does it all start with the blood ministration? Who is the bandaged guy at the start? I've seen lots of videos covering the main story of Yarnham and the schools and church and blood, but nothing covering those things. 

8 hours ago, APM said:

I started a new run through. I have to stop playing this game. Anyway, big axe and blunderbus. Killed CB, FG and Bob and now going to avoid VA until I have to fight her. 

Story question that I've never had really answered: What is the real world? Is it Yarnham and the main game? Or is it the Hunter's Dream? How does the bloody werewolf at the start come out of the blood if it is not a dream? The messengers too? Does it all start with the blood ministration? Who is the bandaged guy at the start? I've seen lots of videos covering the main story of Yarnham and the schools and church and blood, but nothing covering those things. 

I think done guy did a massive essay which might answer some of your questions. 

• Upvote 1

I read all The Pale Blood Hunt. A good read. Still doesn't say who the Blood Minister actually is or really address how the wolf at the beginning comes out of the blood. If Yarnham is the real world, and he states there is no magic or anything like that, why does that wolf grow out of the blood? I like the idea that it is the old blood in your veins that burns it, but I'm not so sure. I think it's something to do with the messengers... There's more to them that I don't think gets covered... 

Anyway... I started a new game. Axe and Blunderbus! A very different feel. The Blunderbus is great. Passed VA now debating whether to go kill the Witch or head into the woods. Got down to the boss of the first chalice, some big, fiery wolf, and keep getting my ass kicked. Will come back to that later. Oh, and got Eileen killed by Henryk. Oops. I really should play another game... But... Damn, you lot were right. There's something in the blood that keeps drawing me back... 

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, APM said:

I read all The Pale Blood Hunt. A good read. Still doesn't say who the Blood Minister actually is or really address how the wolf at the beginning comes out of the blood. If Yarnham is the real world, and he states there is no magic or anything like that, why does that wolf grow out of the blood? I like the idea that it is the old blood in your veins that burns it, but I'm not so sure. I think it's something to do with the messengers... There's more to them that I don't think gets covered... 

Anyway... I started a new game. Axe and Blunderbus! A very different feel. The Blunderbus is great. Passed VA now debating whether to go kill the Witch or head into the woods. Got down to the boss of the first chalice, some big, fiery wolf, and keep getting my ass kicked. Will come back to that later. Oh, and got Eileen killed by Henryk. Oops. I really should play another game... But... Damn, you lot were right. There's something in the blood that keeps drawing me back... 

The Axe is love.

• Upvote 1

Look what you have done to me!

I found this interesting on the wiki from someone:

In the beginning of the game, after you make a contract and have a blood transfusion, you have a nightmare about a beast arising from the blood, the beast approaches and as it reaches out to you in a gesture of wanting you to accept it, it bursts into flames upon touching you. I’m guessing this is a metaphor for you’re immune to the rampant beasthood curse plaguing the town and it’s for this very reason the messagers came for you. They see your immunity as a sign that you’re some sort of super hunter and so brand you with the mark of the hunter. Hence why the doll says soon after, “Ah, you found yourself a hunter.” In consequence, you’re robbed of your memories and somehow infused with fighting skills...or maybe you always had them? Clearly you’ve been indentured into the dream hunters by the messagers.

• Upvote 3

That's as good an explanation as any. 

I'm so glad you appreciate the game so much now @APM! For me, having bounced catastrophically off of Demon's Souls, this was a real revelation, and re-opened the door to From's entire catalogue to me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 1

Yeah @APM I remember when you weren't too bothered about the lore. From games do have a way of getting under your skin and you definitely get your money's worth out of them if they click for you. Happy Hunting :D

• Upvote 2