Jump to content

Bloodborne - GOTD edition


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, APM said:

There's no set bit where you need to kill the guy with the gatling gun as far as I can see. I was just giving him something else to do. 

Ah right, I get ya. Go and do the Witches to level up a bit, then come back for Gatling boy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JPL said:

Ah right, I get ya. Go and do the Witches to level up a bit, then come back for Gatling boy.

The witches are a nice easy section, and Hemswick is a great area. Just go do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Killed cleric beast on my first go. Brilliant design right there: a narrow bridge filled with crap, a massive boss and a dodgy camera!

 

Then immediately got killed by the big hulking brute outside the boss area.

  • Empathy 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Killed cleric beast on my first go. Brilliant design right there: a narrow bridge filled with crap, a massive boss and a dodgy camera!

 

Then immediately got killed by the big hulking brute outside the boss area.

You'll be good. If you killed that,  you now have access to the dream and being able to level up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hung over and impatient is not the best way to play this. Tried to do Cainhurst... Got my ass handed to be repeatedly by the boss on the roof. Thought I'd give it a rest and then died twice at TOR. Gave up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, APM said:

Hung over and impatient is not the best way to play this. Tried to do Cainhurst... Got my ass handed to be repeatedly by the boss on the roof. Thought I'd give it a rest and then died twice at TOR. Gave up. 

 

I found him to be one of the hardest boss encounters in the base game, but

 

Spoiler

Cainhurst is an optional area, so you can come back to him when you're levelled up a bit...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Qazimod said:

 

I found him to be one of the hardest boss encounters in the base game, but

 

  Hide contents

Cainhurst is an optional area, so you can come back to him when you're levelled up a bit...

 

Yeah, I know it's optional but it takes a while to level up now in ng+. 

 

Also... 

 

Spoiler

I did it on the first play, but never went back after giving Alfred to invite. I want to do that this time and see what happens. I am going to push on, though for now. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask if you ever found a rune with the initials B.R. and a weapon with B.C., where the B is the same word? If so, try equipping both. I'm sure you'll go wild. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Can I ask if you ever found a rune with the initials B.R. and a weapon with B.C., where the B is the same word? If so, try equipping both. I'm sure you'll go wild. 

Think I've got the rune, but not the weapon. I've done TOR. Nearly killed the fucker on the roof a couple of times now. I'll leave him for now and come back later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grungekid said:

I have two achievements left to do, get all hunter weapons and kill Queen Yarhnam. So I'm on the chalice dungeons for the foreseeable!

Have you done Cainhurst in your run on ng+? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, APM said:

Think I've got the rune, but not the weapon. I've done TOR. Nearly killed the fucker on the roof a couple of times now. I'll leave him for now and come back later. 

 

The weapon is in the second layer of the story Chalices. Makes for a rather different build... 

 

And if you ever fancy really exploring the Arcane side, there's one build that's like nothing else. Also need a particular rune and weapon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, APM said:

Fair play. That include the DLC as well? 

God no! I was seconds from an aneurysm last time I fought Kos. He can wait until after the chalice dungeons :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, grungekid said:

God no! I was seconds from an aneurysm last time I fought Kos. He can wait until after the chalice dungeons :D

Ha ha! I'm not looking forward to doing that again... 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been waiting on the dlc to drop to the usual sale price for over 2 months now. Longest run at full price for quite a while, annoyingly. As it is I'm up to VA but don't want to move on until I get the dlc in place. Grumble. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hylian said:

Been waiting on the dlc to drop to the usual sale price for over 2 months now. Longest run at full price for quite a while, annoyingly. As it is I'm up to VA but don't want to move on until I get the dlc in place. Grumble. 

 

If you have the disc version why not get the GOTY edition on PS store and flog the disc? Or does that lose you your saves?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

 

If you have the disc version why not get the GOTY edition on PS store and flog the disc? Or does that lose you your saves?

I did this. You need to reinstall it, but it does not lose your saves. At least, it did not lose mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, APM said:

I did this. You need to reinstall it, but it does not lose your saves. At least, it did not lose mine.

I don't. PS+ version. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, made a bit more progress. Witches down, BSB down. I’ve been up the tower from the door that opened in the chapel, then I got battered by a dude with a big sack and woke up in jail! I’m tentatively making my way through that area now, but it’s tough going. Those fucking giant pigs can do one!

 

I take it I’m on the right track? All the other routes seemed to finish in a dead end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.