Bloodborne - GOTD edition

5 minutes ago, APM said:

There's no set bit where you need to kill the guy with the gatling gun as far as I can see. I was just giving him something else to do. 

Ah right, I get ya. Go and do the Witches to level up a bit, then come back for Gatling boy.

15 minutes ago, JPL said:

Ah right, I get ya. Go and do the Witches to level up a bit, then come back for Gatling boy.

The witches are a nice easy section, and Hemswick is a great area. Just go do it. 

Killed cleric beast on my first go. Brilliant design right there: a narrow bridge filled with crap, a massive boss and a dodgy camera!

Then immediately got killed by the big hulking brute outside the boss area.

• Empathy 1
1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Killed cleric beast on my first go. Brilliant design right there: a narrow bridge filled with crap, a massive boss and a dodgy camera!

Then immediately got killed by the big hulking brute outside the boss area.

You'll be good. If you killed that,  you now have access to the dream and being able to level up. 

Hung over and impatient is not the best way to play this. Tried to do Cainhurst... Got my ass handed to be repeatedly by the boss on the roof. Thought I'd give it a rest and then died twice at TOR. Gave up. 

7 minutes ago, APM said:

Hung over and impatient is not the best way to play this. Tried to do Cainhurst... Got my ass handed to be repeatedly by the boss on the roof. Thought I'd give it a rest and then died twice at TOR. Gave up. 

I found him to be one of the hardest boss encounters in the base game, but

Spoiler

Cainhurst is an optional area, so you can come back to him when you're levelled up a bit...

1 minute ago, Qazimod said:

I found him to be one of the hardest boss encounters in the base game, but

Hide contents

Cainhurst is an optional area, so you can come back to him when you're levelled up a bit...

Yeah, I know it's optional but it takes a while to level up now in ng+. 

Also... 

Spoiler

I did it on the first play, but never went back after giving Alfred to invite. I want to do that this time and see what happens. I am going to push on, though for now. 

• Upvote 2

Can I ask if you ever found a rune with the initials B.R. and a weapon with B.C., where the B is the same word? If so, try equipping both. I'm sure you'll go wild. 

2 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Can I ask if you ever found a rune with the initials B.R. and a weapon with B.C., where the B is the same word? If so, try equipping both. I'm sure you'll go wild. 

Think I've got the rune, but not the weapon. I've done TOR. Nearly killed the fucker on the roof a couple of times now. I'll leave him for now and come back later. 

Just now, grungekid said:

I have two achievements left to do, get all hunter weapons and kill Queen Yarhnam. So I'm on the chalice dungeons for the foreseeable!

Have you done Cainhurst in your run on ng+? 

38 minutes ago, APM said:

Think I've got the rune, but not the weapon. I've done TOR. Nearly killed the fucker on the roof a couple of times now. I'll leave him for now and come back later. 

The weapon is in the second layer of the story Chalices. Makes for a rather different build... 

And if you ever fancy really exploring the Arcane side, there's one build that's like nothing else. Also need a particular rune and weapon. 

3 minutes ago, APM said:

Fair play. That include the DLC as well? 

God no! I was seconds from an aneurysm last time I fought Kos. He can wait until after the chalice dungeons :D

45 minutes ago, grungekid said:

God no! I was seconds from an aneurysm last time I fought Kos. He can wait until after the chalice dungeons :D

Ha ha! I'm not looking forward to doing that again... 

• Upvote 1

Been waiting on the dlc to drop to the usual sale price for over 2 months now. Longest run at full price for quite a while, annoyingly. As it is I'm up to VA but don't want to move on until I get the dlc in place. Grumble. 

3 hours ago, Hylian said:

Been waiting on the dlc to drop to the usual sale price for over 2 months now. Longest run at full price for quite a while, annoyingly. As it is I'm up to VA but don't want to move on until I get the dlc in place. Grumble. 

If you have the disc version why not get the GOTY edition on PS store and flog the disc? Or does that lose you your saves?

16 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

If you have the disc version why not get the GOTY edition on PS store and flog the disc? Or does that lose you your saves?

I did this. You need to reinstall it, but it does not lose your saves. At least, it did not lose mine.

5 hours ago, APM said:

I did this. You need to reinstall it, but it does not lose your saves. At least, it did not lose mine.

I don't. PS+ version. 

Right, made a bit more progress. Witches down, BSB down. I’ve been up the tower from the door that opened in the chapel, then I got battered by a dude with a big sack and woke up in jail! I’m tentatively making my way through that area now, but it’s tough going. Those fucking giant pigs can do one!

I take it I’m on the right track? All the other routes seemed to finish in a dead end.