Jump to content

Bloodborne - GOTD edition


Recommended Posts

Shadow of Yahrnam and ROM done. Rom done in the second attempt. Didn't even bother killing the little spids this time. Just used Phantasm Shell on my sword and was doing massive damage. Onwards into Unseen Village!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really need to try this again. I've tried a few times and bounced off it despite the setting and more lovecraftian elements being right up my dark alley. I've loved and completed demon's souls, dark souls 1,2 and 3 but Bloodborne left me cold. 

 

Perhaps I should install it again for one more go...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did just this and now I'm midway through a NG+ run 2 weeks in haha. Adore this game so much! I bounced off it a few times but this time it just clicked and it's been magic!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a genuinely incredible game. A few crap areas but all optional and a brilliant optional one. Sometimes it feels a little disjointed and weird but the first half is just pure atmosphere all the way through.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2020 at 22:32, SuperCapes said:

It makes you feel bad ass as F doesn't it. Let me know when you hit a wall, be curious to know if its at the same point I did ha!

 

Darkbeast and Reborn done. Where did you hit a wall out of curiosity?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, grungekid said:

 

Darkbeast and Reborn done. Where did you hit a wall out of curiosity?

Oh you flew past me dude! I got stuck at the shadows of yarnham! No idea why but they nuked me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2020 at 09:24, JPL said:

Talking of weapons, I’m still rocking the starting cleaver. Just got it up to +4, as I’m about to take on VA.

 

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned getting the Blades of Mercy as soon as I could, but I haven’t been able to afford the 40000 echoes for them yet.

 

Am I good sticking with what I’ve got, as I’m loving it’s speed and reach, or should I be upgrading other weapons?

 

I always get choice paralysis in From games, thinking I’m going to do the wrong thing!


My girlfriend used the saw cleaver through the entire base game and most of the DLC.

 

On 10/06/2020 at 22:20, grungekid said:

So New Game + on this is literally just bloodborne speed run mode at the moment. Killed Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne, Blood Starved Beast and Vicar Amelia all in the space of an hour and a half without any deaths! Madness! 


I breezed through NG+ and +2 and 3 but it gets horrible later on. NG+6 is literally the most satisfying game I’ve ever played though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, APM said:

I did the Shadows first time. Same with Rom. However, that hunter to finish off Eileen's quest was a fucking bastard... 

The guy in the church where Amelia was? Genuinely one of the hardest fights in the game for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DC said:

The guy in the church where Amelia was? Genuinely one of the hardest fights in the game for me.

That's him. I think I did him on my tenth go or something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, APM said:

Story question: Why are there two pregnant women after you kill Rom? Iosefka and Arianne? Why do these two women become pregnant at this point? 

 

 

Worth a watch, pretty short, answers both of those. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anywhere I can get any fire paper for the VA fight? I’ve had her down to a sliver of health loads of times now, but she always wipes me out at the last minute, meaning I’ve now run out of fire paper. I’m struggling to finish her off with it, so I don’t fancy my chances without.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JPL said:

Is there anywhere I can get any fire paper for the VA fight? I’ve had her down to a sliver of health loads of times now, but she always wipes me out at the last minute, meaning I’ve now run out of fire paper. I’m struggling to finish her off with it, so I don’t fancy my chances without.

You can get some for insight at the insight bath, I have some to purchase from the normal bath but I don't know how I got that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, grungekid said:

You can get some for insight at the insight bath, I have some to purchase from the normal bath but I don't know how I got that?

It doesn’t become available from the normal bath until after BSB apparenlty and I’ve only got 3 insight for some reason. Not sure how you get that either! I just wondered if there was any lying around nearby that I could pick up. I might have a run through Old Yharnam to see if I can find any more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JPL said:

Guess what? Yeah, did it first time without any fire paper!

I've found sometimes I get really wound up and it makes my reflexes go to shit so having a little break like that seems to help! Congrats!

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, grungekid said:

I've found sometimes I get really wound up and it makes my reflexes go to shit so having a little break like that seems to help! Congrats!

My problem is I get greedy at the end. I don’t know how many times I had her health down to a couple more hits and just went for it, leading to an inevitable death. I really need to learn to back off sometimes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JPL said:

My problem is I get greedy at the end. I don’t know how many times I had her health down to a couple more hits and just went for it, leading to an inevitable death. I really need to learn to back off sometimes.

Ha ha! I do that, but must get lucky because I become a swinging maniac when I know they have about two hits left to death! I'm usually still swinging like a mad thing when it comes up Prey Slaughtered! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, how do I deal with that prick on top of the church with the Gatling gun? I’ve had 3 attempts now and he seems extremely tough. It looks like I can slip past him and go into the church, but I’d like to have a little explore around that area without him constantly firing on me. There’s also another hunter outside, who I can’t take on while it’s raining bullets from above.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy on top I've accidentally knocked him off the roof twice by attacking him really aggressively before he can get a shot off.

 

Spoiler

Celestial Emissary and Ebrietas down. I think I have Martyr Logarius left before NG++ :D

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JPL said:

Right, how do I deal with that prick on top of the church with the Gatling gun? I’ve had 3 attempts now and he seems extremely tough. It looks like I can slip past him and go into the church, but I’d like to have a little explore around that area without him constantly firing on me. There’s also another hunter outside, who I can’t take on while it’s raining bullets from above.

Come back to him later. He's fairly ready once you're levelled up. He's not necessary for progression that I could tell. if you've already killed VA go and visit the witches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, APM said:

Come back to him later. He's fairly ready once you're levelled up. He's not necessary for progression that I could tell. if you've already killed VA go and visit the witches. 

Ooh, where? I took down the hunter near the church and now I’ve gone inside, although I’ve just fallen from the rafters and died. :doh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JPL said:

Ooh, where? I took down the hunter near the church and now I’ve gone inside, although I’ve just fallen from the rafters and died. :doh:

Go back to VA and instead of going in, turn left and keep going... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, APM said:

Go back to VA and instead of going in, turn left and keep going... 

 

Continuing on his current path is fine, I usually do that bit before Vicar Amelia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

Continuing on his current path is fine, I usually do that bit before Vicar Amelia.

I did have a wander down to Hemwick Lane (I think it’s called that) before VA, but I left it for now. I actually went to the right as well and killed the two hunters down there, then got murdered by some invisible giant in a massive hall. It’s cool though, I’m taking as much time as I can to really explore everywhere. Loving it and can’t put it down now!

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JPL said:

I did have a wander down to Hemwick Lane (I think it’s called that) before VA, but I left it for now. I actually went to the right as well and killed the two hunters down there, then got murdered by some invisible giant in a massive hall. It’s cool though, I’m taking as much time as I can to really explore everywhere. Loving it and can’t put it down now!

 

Yeah it's some game, enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

Continuing on his current path is fine, I usually do that bit before Vicar Amelia.

There's no set bit where you need to kill the guy with the gatling gun as far as I can see. I was just giving him something else to do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.