rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

The lake dickhead went down second go for me, mainly because someone left a useful message outside the door. Gascoine took 30+ attempts.

I battered Father Gascoigne on my second or third go, but was nearly reduced to tears by Rom. I can see a pattern developing here.

14 hours ago, K said:

I battered Father Gascoigne on my second or third go, but was nearly reduced to tears by Rom. I can see a pattern developing here.

Rom nearly made me give up on the game, my least favourite Souls boss. I remember watching videos of people doing it stupidly quickly without taking a hit, but I'd fight for ages and fail every time. So unfair!

The time I killed it the fight was really easy, but ain't that always the way!

• Empathy 1

I beat Gascoigne then - feel a bit guilty because I abused the high ground advantage on the stairs, that let me get him into his hulk-out state for the first time, which I tried to take on directly for a couple of failed attempts (didn't try to use the music box until this point, but it seemed like it only worked one time anyway). He was totally unmanageable though, so on the 3rd try I resorted to lobbing molotovs at him until he died.

I did find the red brooch, and returned it to the girl. Seems like a poor decision going by the item I found shortly afterwards...

(and by the fact it just left her in tears)

• Empathy 4

Bloodborne is a sad tale in parts :(

I was about to say that the story is even sadder, but it seems I held a common misconception:

I always thought that The Little Girl had a brother too. The Brick Troll near her house says "So Cold...Dear Sister", but apparently so do all the others in the game. The only thing is that this one is set up facing away from you near that house. So it may well still be intended to be that one Brick Troll, and the dialogue was Copy and Pasted over to the others?

But anyway yeah - they all say it in their idle state:

So finishing this was on my gaming resolution list for 2020 so I started it last night. I've finished DS and DS 3 but this seems a fair but more difficult, at least at the start. I love the more action orientated focus, although there have been a few encounters where I've miss having a shield. I've managed to get the Hunter armour set and I've just been farming the mob at the first lantern in order to try and level up some. Any tips? 

• Upvote 1

Just beat the first boss. Luckily there still seems to be plenty of people playing this so I was able to summon in some help. It’s such a great feature of these games and something I really missed in Sekiro. 

Interesting, I would probably appreciate the use of some online help as I continue through the game but I absolutely do not want to have to suffer from troll-invasions as I try to progress (which often happened in Demons and Dark) so I chose to play offline. Do people not harass other players much in this then?

Without spoiling too much: You can only be unwillingly invaded in 2 similarly named areas of the game, and even that can be avoided once you realise how the invasion mechanism works.

2 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Cripes; is Vicar Amelia one of the easiest Soulsborne bosses created, or am I finally gitting gud?

I’ve never had a problem but others would beg to differ. Like most of the bosses in these games, your mileage always varies.

48 minutes ago, Broker said:

Depends on the weapon and difficulty. She’s a real bastard with a slow, heavy weapon on higher NG cycles.

Like a slow heavy Kirkhammer on fire? :eyebrows:

Slash-slash *transform* SMASH. Pretty devastating when used in combination with fire paper it turned out.

I was already lvl. 40 though. Having gone through quite a bit of the Unseen Village before finding my way back, and facing Amelia.

• Upvote 1

On 17/01/2020 at 00:05, Davros sock drawer said:

Easiest boss is Rom.

Hardest boss is Rom.

Well, seems I went about it the old fashioned way,  but it still wasn't too much of a challenge I think. Though I did have some help from one of the old hunters. Ended up practically shoving my tonitrus up its spider's arse.

48aceffb966bd7472ed308492aad56d6.jpg

Then I went to meet Amygdala, but got my own arse handed right back to me.

I only ended up defeating defiled Amy by playing safe and boring - backing away and waiting for the moves that took forever to recover from. If you have that kind of patience, it’s do-able. I think maybe defiled Watcher would cause more trouble for me these days! :blush:

Nothing was as hard for me in a Soulsborne game as

Spoiler

Orphan of Kos

Although, disclaimer, I've not played the Dark Souls 2 dlc where I've heard some of the hardest lie.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I restarted this last night for the millionth time having not really got very far and I am taking my time. 

Spoiler

Clerical Beast

down at the first attempt. Then I managed to find

Spoiler

Father Gascoigne

and took him down to about half health before the inevitable happened. I seem to remember I had to co-op him? 

5 hours ago, Parappa said:

I restarted this last night for the millionth time having not really got very far and I am taking my time. 

Reveal hidden contents

Clerical Beast

down at the first attempt. Then I managed to find

Reveal hidden contents

Father Gascoigne

and took him down to about half health before the inevitable happened. I seem to remember I had to co-op him? 

Not necessarily. 

You could just level up a bit, and also use molotov cocktails on the bastard. Being half a beast already means he's vulnerable to fire.

On 22/01/2020 at 08:07, Davros sock drawer said:

Amygdala in the Defiled Chalice Dungeon nearly broke me.

Was that the one in the room with the pillars?