Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

2 minutes ago, Goemon said:

Can’t believe Sony didn’t push for a follow up to this...

I guess they probably have but From have a backlog. Still, they should push harder, a Bloodborne 2 would be AMAZING.

It's so perfectly gathered together, worldwise, that I'd really hate there to be a sequel tbh.

Would probably still bang five hundred hours into it but still.

Oof, the BSB is properly tricky. Can pretty consistently get it down to 50% without much bother but when he gets angry/poisoned I’m struggling to maintain health, poison status and dodge him all at the same time. 

Still, only had a few attempts so hopefully he’ll go down today

9 minutes ago, spanx said:

Oof, the BSB is properly tricky. Can pretty consistently get it down to 50% without much bother but when he gets angry/poisoned I’m struggling to maintain health, poison status and dodge him all at the same time. 

Still, only had a few attempts so hopefully he’ll go down today

Remember, he's a beast. :)

Parries can ruin BSB and there are one or two big swings that are massively telegraphed, but it's easy to stress out over the timing - staying calm counts for a lot. Even after a few re-runs I find my own timing inconsistent; sometimes I nail it repeatedly, and sometimes I fall apart. :P 

The main problem I have towards the end of the fight is keeping space so I can recover. I’m often recovering only for him to be on top of me again, and it just ends up a battle of attrition I can’t win. 

I know it’s just practice though. I’ve only made about seven or eight attempts so far (mainly as I have to keep spending 30 minutes farming to build up a stock of antidotes and molotovs). 

I will get him though 

Reading this thread got me hyped again and I've knocked Death Stranding on the head so I've put it back in my PS4. I configured my laughably grotesque face and comedy name 'Shirleylock' (I wanted to be a lady for a change) and...the first half hour really is quite difficult isn't it? Until you upgrade your weapon, level up a little and generally get back into the flow. Even with me already knowing everything there is to know about Yharnam, I was getting trounced a fair bit. A few times I attempted to spam L1 for a Sekiro deflect.

I couldn't remember being able to summon Gazza before at the fountain? Presumably you're supposed to lead him along the bridge for 2hunters1cleric, but I jumped down into the sewers and he spontaneously checked out. Anyway, I pummeled the beast alone and made my way to the Tomb of Oedon to punish his desertion. I was confident I could do it first time, but on my first visceral this happened...

Spoiler

1751118969_WhatsAppImage2020-03-01at15_43_21.thumb.jpeg.0ad8e624f1b5183c7e93f9519aff86d0.jpeg

Btw, I checked my old save file and I was level 219. Damn son. :ph34r:

Edit: Gazza down first time. Blood Starved took a few goes. I never found him very tricky before, I was probably OP in the past.

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

The score for the BSB fight is my favourite music in the game. It's an absolutely perfect accompaniment to the action. 

Yeah it's pretty great.  I think Papa G's is my favourite theme though. :wub:

Got chatting to a friend of a friend at the weekend and despite me being an absolutely terrible gamer, I ordered a copy of this on the spot after hearing him rave about it.

Put a couple of hours in last night and reached the Hooded Bruiser. I never thought constant, neverending death could be so enjoyable. :lol:

Who is Hooded Bruiser? Is it the huge hooded guy with the axe that drops the first gem, just through the second large gate in Yharnam you unlock from the other side? That's my guess.

I made a B-line for the...

Spoiler

Witches of Hemwick so I could unlock the rune ability. Not that it really helps much at this point. Still, I took 'em down first attempt. It turns out that area is slightly easier if you go before Vicar Amelia because afterwards the whole area gets filled with Mad Ones.

I totally bodged Eileen The Crow's questline. The crazed hunter Henrik she was trying to stop whooped me in two hits. I guess you're meant to attempt that much later. Sad times.

Also, I just realised I've been ploughing levels into strength when I'm using a skill weapon (threaded cane). Whoops. I'm tempted to try Ludwig's Holy blade because it seems to be the choice of the pros. I never used it, always preferring the speedy weapons. It's going to be a while before I can comfortably raise the souls to buy it.

Excellent. I am no longer the noob

I remember that first fight with the hooded bruiser and thinking oh Jesus this is never happening. 

And, just as predicted by everyone on here, went back on a farming run, and LAUGHED IN HIS FACE as I danced around him inflicting damage at will. 

This is some seriously clever game design. 

1 hour ago, minstrels said:

Got chatting to a friend of a friend at the weekend and despite me being an absolutely terrible gamer, I ordered a copy of this on the spot after hearing him rave about it.

Put a couple of hours in last night and reached the Hooded Bruiser. I never thought constant, neverending death could be so enjoyable. :lol:

Brilliant. If you want to flail around at some bosses with a summon give me a shout. 

1 hour ago, spanx said:

Brilliant. If you want to flail around at some bosses with a summon give me a shout. 

I might take you up on that if I get a PS Plus sub any time soon...

Just jumped back in for a few more Hooded Bruiser deaths :D