rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

12 hours ago, Moz said:

Eh I can't even play it now. Feels like there's about a seconds worth of delay on everything except the menus and panning the camera round makes my eyes bleed it's so inconsistent. Fucking amazed they never patched this. I bet it still runs at 20fps when you get invaded too right? You know, that thing I said happened back in 2015 and you all said I was wrong then digital foundry released a 20 minute video about how it happens basically all the time 

I usually just adjust to it pretty quickly as I zone out while playing easily. 

Gutted you're struggling man. It's the Best Game. :(

5ae8a6ea450c0_Bloodborne_20180501175951.thumb.jpg.69c29afe0621f18e8a76820b7f83f6a1.jpg

Finally, the defiled dungeon can do one. Annoyingly I didn't seem to collect any of the red jelly or string first time through so I need to get back to my NG+, but I'm not too far away from it.

The platinum is back on now, I was so close to deleting the game this weekend.

• Upvote 7

On 01/05/2018 at 20:30, robdood said:

I kinda loved learning to beat Defiled Amy, felt like such a boss when I nailed it!  10mins of epic adrenaline :wub:

I love catching her with the overhand smash you can do with an opened saw cleaver and yelling STITCH THAT YA BASS

NSFW

http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/29/96/501051840bdd647d8b6449efcf4bb50f.jpg

yaaaaas

Help.

I completed Bloodborne over 2 years ago and recently bought the DLC. However, I seem to have entered NG+ (must have clicked that option ages ago).

Now I read that The Old Hunters is ridiculously hard on NG+. It doesn't help that I'm a bit poor skill-wise, though very persistent. I tried the first area for a couple of hours last night but I am getting my ass handed to me. To the point where I'm just not enjoying it.

Is there anything I can do bar starting the game again? I mean, will it be easier for me to create a new character and unlock the DLC or should I persist in NG+.

I guess what I'm really asking is how much harder is it in NG+? Perhaps I'm just being defeatist and should persevere...

Advice appreciated because I love this game.

• Empathy 1

23 minutes ago, Mawdlin said:

Help.

I completed Bloodborne over 2 years ago and recently bought the DLC. However, I seem to have entered NG+ (must have clicked that option ages ago).

Now I read that The Old Hunters is ridiculously hard on NG+. It doesn't help that I'm a bit poor skill-wise, though very persistent. I tried the first area for a couple of hours last night but I am getting my ass handed to me. To the point where I'm just not enjoying it.

Is there anything I can do bar starting the game again? I mean, will it be easier for me to create a new character and unlock the DLC or should I persist in NG+.

I guess what I'm really asking is how much harder is it in NG+? Perhaps I'm just being defeatist and should persevere...

Advice appreciated because I love this game.

Fight on. It is worth it.

The biggest problem early on in the DLC are the Old Hunters themselves, but gun parries will deal with them if you get the timing down.

I’d suggest going in with no Blood Echoes to lose, and just practice your timing on them. Try not to waste Blood Vials either. Eventually you should be able to interrupt their attacks and punish them with a gut ripper.

Alternatively you could go on a loot run - just run past everything and yoink whatever you can.

I would just roll a new character. It takes a lot less time to get through than your first play through, and you will also have the opportunity to reacquaint yourself with the game against easier enemies and bosses. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah absolutely start over. The jump to NG+ is pretty big and you’ll struggle with the tougher bosses, especially if you’ve not played for a while. 

Yeah the bosses are nails in the DLC, better to make a new character though if you've spent hours farming top tier gems in the chalice dungeons then I would recommend sticking at it, what level are you?

20 hours ago, Mawdlin said:

Haven't done any chalice dungeons and I am a bit rusty. Level 80 +9 Ludwig Holy Blade.

Well if you're willing to spend 20 hours to get back to a point where the DLC would be just right in an NG cycle then do it! Otherwise have a go in NG+, how far are you through the game in that cycle? You really want a +10 weapon!

I'm persevering with NG+. Shamefully I never bothered with parrying in the main game and never needed it, but it is making life a lot easier in the DLC.

Starting to enjoy it now though I've yet to meet a boss. Basic question: are there any lamps in the DLC? Yet to find one!

I've just started a new playthrough (my 2nd). Haven't touched it in a couple of months as I hit a wall with Lady Maria then played DaS Remastered, then screwed up my wrist. Trying a Dex/Arcane build this time and doing a bit of jolly co-op with my mate on his first run

• Upvote 1

Bit of a long shot, this.

I’ve finally got the platinum and now I’m after my last trophy for the DLC which is get all the weapons. 

I’m really struggling with the fight against the two quick big bastards in the well in the fishing village. If anyone happens to be available for the next 4 hours or so, let me know. I’m currently attempting to summon from the lighthouse lamp to go down the lift, run past the brains and kill those bastards in the well to get the weapon I need.

EDIT:

Never mind, got it.

• Upvote 6

Detailed in the PS4 thread but I'll repeat here.  Long story short:

I have Bloodborne Game of the year edtion on disc and normal version digital from PS+.

My options: Carry on with the GOY save and carry on using disc (I'm a couple of hours in)

Start again on digital (makes it easier to hop between PS4's) but no DLC. 

Buy GOY edition on digital as it's £15 in the sale.

Is the DLC amazing or am I going to be done with the main game?   I took 90+ hours on the first Dark Souls and didn't bother with the DLC.  The main game was enough for me to experience. it. 

4 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Detailed in the PS4 thread but I'll repeat here.  Long story short:

I have Bloodborne Game of the year edtion on disc and normal version digital from PS+.

My options: Carry on with the GOY save and carry on using disc (I'm a couple of hours in)

Start again on digital (makes it easier to hop between PS4's) but no DLC. 

Buy GOY edition on digital as it's £15 in the sale.

Is the DLC amazing or am I going to be done with the main game?   I took 90+ hours on the first Dark Souls and didn't bother with the DLC.  The main game was enough for me to experience. it. 

The DLC extends the length of the game by about a third, and probably has some of the best bits of the game in it.  It's probably the best DLC ever released in terms of content and quality. 

But then, I am a bit biased as Bloodborne is my number 1 game of all time tbh. 

• Upvote 6