IGNORED

Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

Wondering quite how this will tie in which will influence if I use my NG+ character or a new one.

Always wondered about the Burgenwerth trapdoor but that could be a remnant of tweaked level design. Wouldn't be surprised if you have to find an entrance somewhere but once you find a new lamp then an extra headstone appears. Regardless, for it to work like the rest of the game, you'll need to be able to return to the Hunters Dream (unless they're really harsh which isn't out of the question). Lots of areas and enemies shown in the video were from the original game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-18-bloodbornes-two-dlc-packs-have-been-combined-in-the-substantial-the-old-hunters

Lifted wholesale from Neogaf -

The Old Hunters, Bloodborne's much anticipated add-on that's due out this November, sees what was originally planned as two DLC packs combined for one single expansion - and it sounds like it's the last DLC for From Software's PS4 exclusive.

"We were originally planning on doing two sets of DLC," Masaaki Yamagiwa, Sony Japan's producer for Bloodborne, told Eurogamer at Tokyo Game Show today. "It was decided that with one set, we'd be able to do more with it, and have more volume for players to play with. As of right now, we have no plans for any more DLC."

It took almost six months for Sony to announce an expansion, although a November release was always on the cards. "At least in Japan, the plan was to release the DLC in November," said Yamagiwa. "I should mention, though, we finished making the game and then moved into production on the DLC. It took that long, but that's because of the sheer amount of volume. We're sorry it took so long! But it's as fast as was possible considering what's in it."

Regarding its length, Eurogamer estimate it can take atleast 8 hours for the expansion, which is priced at £11.99/$19.99.

The Old Hunters will be accessible at some point in the first half of the game after a number of unnamed conditions have been met, and it's said to offer a sizeable challenge. The demo on the show floor at Tokyo Game Show was de-fanged somewhat in order to be more approachable, with some of bosses' moves being removed. The final expansion, however, is said to be around the same difficulty as the latter half of Bloodborne's campaign - so it could present a nasty surprise to players who stumble upon it early on in the game.

There will be three new areas within The Old Hunters, with some familiar locations folded in with the all-new ones. Considering Bloodborne's approximately 13 areas took players some 30-40 hours to complete, The Old Hunters should present around 8 hour of content in its entirety - depending on your own pace, of course.

The Old Hunters also features around 10 new weapons, although only a handful were available in the demo build. There's a whip that converts into a katana sword, which in the build provided was combined with a stun-bomb that players could use before diving in for a succession of high damage attacks, what appeared to be a more brutal take on the saw cleaver, and a dagger that doubles up as a bow and arrow. "Its background is that it's the hunter Simon's, who didn't like guns," Yamagiwa said of the latter weapon. "It's a little on the extreme side. We wanted to give the players more options, so in this case it's a ranged weapon."

Any Bradborne tonight Bradigor? It's about time BSB got his just desserts.

May need to take a break. Lent the disc to a friend* and he has gone AWOL :(

*maybe not a friend much longer. Was told I needed it back by latest Monday afternoon and calls just going to his voicemail now.

My car key is one of those were you click a button and the key flips out. I realised today that as I walk towards the car I now open my key with a similar action to opening the saw blade. I'm 35.

This bloody game.

Since reading this I have started doing the same :wub:

ENB is doing a new Reckfast run and he's shown an interesting strategy with the witches. I'm sure it's well known but I didn't know it.

He started the fight, and as the characters materialized into the room, he used a bold hunters mark. He explained that the devils in the fight only appear if you've got at least one point of insight, but by starting the fight you automatically gain one point of insight, so by default you'll see the devils in the room.

But by starting the fight then leaving the fight, spending the insight and returning, you only have to face the witches and not the devils. When he did it, it worked. He re-entered the fight and only had to contend with the witches. Oddly though, when he killed the witches, he got a flash of the devils in their death animation.

Anyway, if you're struggling, might be enough to get you through it.

It was on the account that my platinum trophy was gained on. The email contained a redeemable code.

Not sure whether privacy settings (on your PS4) might prevent SCEE from sending the email....just a guess if you haven't received the email AND you have the platinum.

Just received an email ... free theme.

"Only Hunters who have won the Platinum Trophy can garb their home screen in the trappings of the hunt. Congratulations – the Platinum Hunter PlayStation®4 Theme is yours

Same here. Will slap it on and have a look later.

Not played this in ages, but will have to have a crack at that dlc when its out.

Wondering quite how this will tie in which will influence if I use my NG+ character or a new one.

Always wondered about the Burgenwerth trapdoor but that could be a remnant of tweaked level design. Wouldn't be surprised if you have to find an entrance somewhere but once you find a new lamp then an extra headstone appears. Regardless, for it to work like the rest of the game, you'll need to be able to return to the Hunters Dream (unless they're really harsh which isn't out of the question). Lots of areas and enemies shown in the video were from the original game.

It could just be an event in an existing location that cutscene-warps you somewhere new, like when you have the item for FCC, or do the thing that potentially takes you to YUV early.

I'm kind of hoping that the Old Hunters content is a little bit more generous with blood stone materials. I don't mind chasing blue werewolves or going around chalice dungeons, but a few more opportunities for players who have already proven themselves in the main game would be welcome. :) Either that or dump the insight on us for shop visits.

With the Communities stuff happening in the PS4 update I've created a community called "rllmuk Bloodborne" and invited a few people. If you're interested in finding fellow rllmuk folk to maybe do some chalice dungeon stuff or get some people together when TOH is available, come join the community :)

(if you're in my FL and I missed you in the invites, you should still be able to find it by going to "Discover Communities" and "Friends' Communities".)

I lost all my progress in this after upgrading to a 2TB hard drive - I have the backup saved to a USB stick, but I keep getting an error message saying "Game installation incomplete. Unable to read save data." (or very similar).

It lets me start a new game, which is fine, and I managed to do the first two shortcut gates in Yarnham in one run and I thought to myself I was going to be fine. Got cocky, tried the Cleric Beast with basic armour and weapons, got my arse handed to me.

This game :lol:

That aside, does anyone have any ideas about how to restore my save game and recover my other character?

Oh man, DLC for this is the most anticipated gaming-related thing for me this year, I won't lie. I got the Platinum a few months ago, but can't bloody (borney) wait to dive back in again come November, new character and all. On a complete media blackout for the Old Hunters - had a few areas spoiled for me in the original BB (my own fault) but determined to hold back all the surprises for this, including how to access it in the first place.

So I'm out. See you in November!

If the game were any more stylish the discs would spontaneously burst into flames.

Well this statement was correct (and how): the game has one of the most accomplished and complete art styles i've ever seen. I haven't played it but I watched a very long LP of it back around release and it is absurdly confident in its aesthetic.