Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

Do you get a trophy for completing NG+ then? I've only got about 6 more trophies to get but I'm still on a measly 54% or something. I know one of them is for getting all weapons, one for all items and another for an ultra-rare blood gem, two for endings I haven't got yet and then one more?

Trophy list (spoilers ahoy obviously) http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Trophy+Guide?responseToken=2315ba0ec1734a53b9c9cc567d3914b7

I only have two left and one I will need a bit of co-op help but I need to level up my NG+ character a tad as they are only 78 at the mo. Though I did manage to get the

Beast Claws and Blood Gem trophy solo, which is nice.

I only have two left and one I will need a bit of co-op help but I need to level up my NG+ character a tad as they are only 78 at the mo.

I coop'd and invaded loads in DaS2 but did the platinum in this entirely solo. I think it was largely because the previous games put those options right in front of you whereas in this it's not very visible, and of course the adversarial stuff is limited to just a couple of areas.

Finished this a few days ago and have spent the time since then catching up with this thread off and on, mentally cheering you all on from here in the future.

Now I've got that beast of a google doc analysis to work through. Incredible stuff!

Congrats :) #teamplatinum

Get Scholar of the First Sin. It's amazeballs.

I've been typing with this after finding Demons too much of a step back. It just seems so fucking BRUTAL compared to DS and Bloodborne. Did you crack Demons?

Maybe because you SL1'd Dark and have been prancing around all i-frame invincible in Bloodborne, its re-trained your brain, when in fact you should be playing Demon's with extreme patience and caution (and a high hit res shield)?

Anyway, revive the Demon's thread off page 2, so as not to sidetrack this one too much.

Right, shields, cautious, got it.

I'm up to RtVS on my second character, DEX. He hasn't given me any trouble in the 5 or so times I've fought him before so I'm expecting this playthrough to end here.

ENB talks about the flaws of this game in his latest video, which I can understand, but I love this game so much. What is it that is so compelling about the games from this studio?

I dont know what is happening in that picture. How are there three of them?

Is it the hardest one Mr Curtis? I SL1d DS. Why am I so shit at it?

Separate sets for Asian, US and UK releases, the mad bastard. :wub:

Eileen the Crow doesn't bloody exist in my game :(

I missed pretty much all of her quest after attacking her on my first encounter. Only saw her again when she took control of one of my lamps.

AND I WAS NOT HAVING THAT.

Right, shields, cautious, got it.

I'm up to RtVS on my second character, DEX. He hasn't given me any trouble in the 5 or so times I've fought him before so I'm expecting this playthrough to end here.

ENB talks about the flaws of this game in his latest video, which I can understand, but I love this game so much. What is it that is so compelling about the games from this studio?

I just smashed Rom with my dex girl last night. After a particularly unlucky one shot loss (getting rolls wrong really fucks you over!) I took the fucker out on my second try.

Bonus video, Paarl getting royally smashed first time. :D

http://youtu.be/_1r_JQLPM6s

Reiterpallasch is just too beastly! Both it and my Chikage at +9. Avelyn next! Though I think I'll be a few chunks short and will need to farm a bit.

What is this platinum you all speak of?

You get a platinum trophy on playstation games when you earn all other trophies (achievements) for the game. It's basically like saying you 1000G'd an xbox game.

Of the bosses I have faced so far, DBP is the coolest looking.

Not sure if I'll get chance to play tonight. Kids are bouncing off the walls at the moment and I really need to get this 80s article polished off. Maybe just a quick ten minute go at R...

VA is an incredible boss in terms of her appearance but it's her screams that really make her. DBP is very bling...

Pretty much all of the games inhabitants are fantastically well designed though.

After meeting yesterdays goal of remembering where the locked door was (plus TOR and Hunter defeat as a bonus) I now have a lot of game opened up - UCW, FCC, NF although I have explored almost all of FCC and what feels like a pretty high percentage of NF. I think I will try ML today despite all the worrying news I read of him...

I think VA is the best so far, although the CB was probably the most impressive at the time as it really shocked me when it made its appearance.

Agree about VA. Probably best of the game in terms of mechanics being fun and intro cutscene being interesting. I had a blast. On this topic, did you know:

you can prevent her health recovery by using the numbing mist

Yes, but I just smashed her when she was trying to heal. I get quite confused when I try to use items in battle.

In fact, now I think about it I reckon I've been hit/killed more times by inappropriate Blood Vial consumption. I tend to panic and mash Triangle, when really I should wait until its properly safe.

Gonna take ML down this weekend. I can feel it.

Yes, but I just smashed her when she was trying to heal. I get quite confused when I try to use items in battle.

In fact, now I think about it I reckon I've been hit/killed more times by inappropriate Blood Vial consumption. I tend to panic and mash Triangle, when really I should wait until its properly safe.

Gonna take ML down this weekend. I can feel it.

You could always ring the bell of failure. After killing ML I spent the next 2 hours helping others to get back at the fucker. I am sure there are many helpers around the area. But to do that, you must first accept failure. Want any tips to solo ML or are you sorted with what you want to do?

NEVER! Solo Yolo!

I think I'm going to try two tactics.

1) Simply be more aggressive, as per the recent video posted by Colonel Panic

2) Spam him with bullets

The second tactic works a charm every time in terms of simply getting him to his second form without any risk. I can carry 24 bullets, 10 of which can be buffed with Bone Marrow Ash. It also economises Blood Vial Use (as he can't hit me at all in the first phase of the fight), and I can then make Blood Bullets for parrying later in the fight if I need them, and for taking out the sword. Actually I'll just make them before I go in, so I'll have 29 bullets.

For the second part of the fight, I just need to keep baiting his diving attack I think, and make sure I hit him on the counter.

You don't properly learn the game if you coop, imo. Put it this way, during my recent bow-only Dark Souls 1 run, I realised I'd never (EVER) fought the Gargoyles solo. Which meant I suddenly had to learn their attacks!! I don't mind helping people, especially as a bit of recon for an area / boss, but I must conquer the game myself, lest I feel like I have missed out on experience points (i.e. my own skill at the game, that's the most important levelling up!).

Yes agree. Now don't get me wrong. I think sunbroing is a brilliant aspect of the game and clearly something they want players to do a lot of. For example, there is no trophy in any souls game for soloing each boss. They clearly want people to cooperate. I just feel you are robbing yourself of something if you don't try it at least one time solo in your first attempt so you can truly learn the boss before you engage in jolly cooperation. Edit: dood said it best and quicker.