Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

God damn it, I messed up a NPC quest :/ Or to be frank, the NPC had impossible to guess requirements. After killing Rom I looked at the requirements in the guide. Well, look like I have to kill the NPC to get what I want.

One non-spoilery tip I'd give to anyone is to prioritise strength/skill over endurance. You really don't need a lot of endurance in this game. It's not quite Dark Souls 'Resistance' in terms of uselessness but it's not that far off for NG. 15-20 is plenty for endgame NG.

The hunter? I'd kill that first, just to be safe...

I hate Big Rom so much.

I took out the first wave of minions and it's then easy enough to get him to at least a third down (assuming a +6 or higher weapon, and definitely use bolt paper. If he then teleports a distance away it's a bit harder than if it he lands close by as you will be exposed to his projectiles as you chase after him, but they can be dodged. You then need to get up to him and beat on his sides, preferably concentrating on the one side, but the minions and their insta kills make it a real drag, as does the camera tracking. After the first wave of spiders I never bothered taking them out again unless they passed in front of me. Remember that, as with Rom, they have very strong armour on their heads so need to be hit from the sides and behind. Looking back, my biggest mistake was, as usual, greed, as Rom would thrash on me just as I went for that one extra strike. If I ever have to face it again, I'll be more patient but I was always motivated by wanting to avoid the spiders and air strikes so kept in close and that exposed be more to the minion attacks. It was a fucking nightmare.

Were you locking on? I found it easier not to, so I could control the camera.

I disagree. Some weapons drain your END like crazy, two-handed LHB as the prime example. Also, fast weapons can stunlock enemies, I have killed many NPC hunter by doing a, shall we say, 15-hit combo doing a lot of damage in the process.

I disagree. Some weapons drain your END like crazy, two-handed LHB as the prime example. Also, fast weapons can stunlock enemies, I have killed many NPC hunter by doing a, shall we say, 15-hit combo doing a lot of damage in the process.

With 15 endurance I can do 5 or 6 hits with a saw cleaver in a row. Nothing except bosses will survive that with high strength/skill. Most stuff dies in 2-3. The game has so many opportunities to recover stamina and dodging uses a tiny amount.

Example, Rom:

Without bolt or fire paper, I slashed at him with my saw cleaver + 6 with jacked strength+skill and got him below half health before his first teleport. Rest of the fight was a breeze after struggling with him a lot in my first playthrough.

2 handed attacks use a lot of stamina but you shouldn't need to do more than two at any time anyway. If you are you're gonna open yourself up. 2-handed 3 hit combos are rarely useful. That stamina will be back in a couple of seconds.

Putting what I put into endurance first playthrough into strength and skill second time around increased my output massively and made the game a hell of a lot easier. I've dataDaved my way through. Endurance is a luxury you only need in NG+.

Reading a bit online it seems like it's largely weapon dependent, however. LHB does have a large amount of stagger so choosing endurance for that is a good idea as you can stun lock enemies. Personally I'm converted to damage output above number of swings, though. I'll start pumping endurance in NG+ when my Strength and Skill are capping.

That's interesting, as I'd been thinking of pumping levels into Endurance next so that I can sprint around a bit more. I use the RS almost exclusively, which I think scales with Skill, so maybe I should pump that.

As for RtVS, there's always this method:

Makes sense with something that slow moving.

Trying to beat RtVS and I just can't seem to get it done.

Can get it down to about 30% left but then always die.

Can't seem to summon anyone too. Still have the fog door just after the NPC and just dodge him. Is that why? When I summon, they cant go through the fog.

They can only get through once you've jumped off the ledge

No worries it's, I did it the old fashioned way... brute force!! :)

Thanks for the help. Must of used about 100 Blood viles over all my attempts. Went in and got hammered every time but on the last go, it's was actually very easy. Nerves were high though.

They can only get through once you've jumped off the ledge

I can't help but imagine ridgeracer standing behind the fog door countless times, patiently waiting for his co-operators to join him while they keep pointing like mad towards the water, getting ever more frustrated.

Also can someone give this post a pos? I accidentally negged it because of my stupid phone.

Davros, after a couple of goes getting hammered by the minions I copied your approach. It still took me a further 5 or 6 goes but it worked for me too.

Can't decide now whether to go exploring (NF, UV) or head back for a showdown with ML.

For kicks, I'm toying with the idea of starting back in IC and working my way back all the way to either the ML fight or NF.

I can't help but imagine ridgeracer standing behind the fog door countless times, patiently waiting for his co-operators to join him while they keep pointing like mad towards the water, getting ever more frustrated.

lulz, not with him, but I've been the guy pointing a couple of times. Although one of them I got killed pretty much right away anyway :lol:

Were you locking on? I found it easier not to, so I could control the camera.

Usually not. Mostly because, with the minions all over the shop, it was hard to get a lock on Rom himself

I like that cheesy technique in the video almost as much as I liked the music he used on the fast forwarded bit.

Davros, after a couple of goes getting hammered by the minions I copied your approach. It still took me a further 5 or 6 goes but it worked for me too.

Can't decide now whether to go exploring (NF, UV) or head back for a showdown with ML.

For kicks, I'm toying with the idea of starting back in IC and working my way back all the way to either the ML fight or NF.

Nice one!

I should have said, if I didn't already, that wasn't my first attempt either. Third I think. I almost want to check my videos on the PS4 to see how he killed me prior to that.

E:DotC is down!!!! I never bothered in my first playthrough, seemed way too tough, but this time I did and all by myself too!

I did NF today, I really didn't like it. It was all poison and weird enemies.

Oh yeah, your first visit to NF is horrific, really otherworldly and hostile. I've still got to go back to explore the poisonous river part that I tried my best to ignore.

Do you get a trophy for completing NG+ then? I've only got about 6 more trophies to get but I'm still on a measly 54% or something. I know one of them is for getting all weapons, one for all items and another for an ultra-rare blood gem, two for endings I haven't got yet and then one more?

Put on the Black Church garb, equip two runes that improve slow poison defence (you should have two by then) and you're laughing all the way down that river.

I was thinking I should go back, probably leveled up a hell of a lot since I was last there. But those singing brain maidens man... :mellow: