Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

I think I've killed most of the bosses now. Just ML and the end boss sequence. Found P***l but was seriously over levelled. One to do early in NG+. Also Ablahblah who I did on my 2nd attempt. Scrappy.

Torn between upping Bloodtinge or Arcane during NG+. The arcane driven hunter tools seems like a lot of fun!

Playthrough 2 over.

After spending over 45 hours on Playthrough 1 the second was over in 15, and that was collecting everything, doing all questlines, killing every boss and doing a fair bit of chalice stuff. Experience really does make all the difference. Still died a fair amount, mind.

Went for a skill/strength build for maximum raw damage and ran the whole game with the saw cleaver. Was doing stupid damage later on compared to my first run. I didn't bother with much endurance this time and it paid off. You don't need it in NG, 15 is more than enough.

Next up chalice dungeons to hoover up the trophies and then I'm gonna do a bloodtinge build.

My affection for the game grows. There are a handful of areas I don't particularly enjoy but it isn't because of a drop in quality, it's more that I'm a big wimp. A more consistent game than Dark Souls quality-wise. Will need more time and some DLC to see if I prefer it overall...

Yeah this is wonderful and I'm determined to get through Demons before I do II.

It's been quite some time since I felt so attracted to a series of games and it's great to have a catalogue already there to dig back into.

Christ! Where the hell did I meet him again?

Has anyone tried the following weapons.

Chikage (50k to buy)

Reiterpallasch (I have)

Blade of mercy (40k to buy)

Just had them made available to me. Unfortunately they level up with bloodtinge and arcane it seems, which I've put nothing into.. Just skill.

Buy them anyway, for DAT PLAT

I love the reiterspallach, mine is at +8 now and wrecking shit. I've just got the Chikage as well, not got to use it too much yet, but I've loved the Japanese swords in the previous games :wub:

Re the stats they scale with, I wouldn't worry about it too much. For eg, I'm pretty sure that with both of the above, the bloodtinge only affects their secondary 'functions' (which are a bit.. different to usual trick weapons..).. So you can still do decent damage if you've only levelled skill, tbh!

Try them out for a bit, you've literally got nothing to lose.

Had a really good fight with SOY the other night. I invited a Bro-op partner to help me out, and he/she died leaving me to battle alone.

I thought that there was no way in hell i was going to beat them alone, but i battled on, in one of the most epic battles i've ever had in any game ever.

Miraculously, I managed to do it, and the feeling of euphoria was second to none. You can really see your skills improve in this game. When i started i was really bad at it, but hours and hours of practice has made me much better, and you only realise this when you take down a boss which had you tearing your hair out on the original run through.

This game, man..... :omg:

I did have a video to show you all, but after linking my PSN account to my YT one and uploading it, it is nowhere to be seen.

Sometimes youtube takes a while in processing. Particularly if the video is needlessly long. :D Check back later, you'll get an email when they are done.

I only died once fighting them tonight. Did what Davros and Mike said, keep the stone between you. Because I've got endurance up to 25 now, I could whack one of them fairly relentlessly.

After that, went to B

I'm not quite sure of that area yet. I seem to have done everything except kill that weird scorpion type beast. Unlocked the door with the Lunarium key and went to see the guy looking at the moon. Took on that hunter as well, which was a good fight.

Then went to that Frenzy room and woke up in the Lecturer place. Wondered through there then got transported to the Nightmare Frontier. I was doing ok, save for the frenzy deaths, when I went through a cave and got a massive rock chucked at my head. Went back and got the 25k echoes back and got the fuck out. I think I managed to level up once more after that. Now roughly 25/26 in skill, endurance, vitality and strength.

Yay goose! I don't mean to preach, but the only thing I'd say to you is be more offensive! When you only had one left, you made things quite hairy for yourself by keeping distance, it's a lot easier if you get in his face and just hit him continuously.. Your attacks will interrupt / stop his!

Yes, I think that was because I knew I'd only got one left and started to get cautious. It's odd because I went from not doing much damage to killing all of them. That video was the first time I'd even killed one of them, so I was pleased to have finished the fight in the same one.

So I don't really want my first playthrough to end. After a shaky start, the game finally clicked with me after Sweet Father G and the further in I got, the more I started to love it. After the R,tVS fight (the weakest boss of the game by far imo) I went from just loving it to omgwtf bestgame evar. So I decided to go back to the Chalice Dungeons and it's completely spoiling my enthusiasm for Bloodborne. I know some of you like them, but these dungeons... they're tedious as fuck, one samey tedious fucking room after another with none of the atmosphere and ingenious level design of the main game. I guess that's what I like most about the Souls series, the intricate and ingenious level design (probably also why DaS2 is my least favourite since the different areas don't feel like a connected whole, just a bunch of random areas stitched together) and there's none of that in the Chalice Dungeons. The combat is still fun, but only the combat in combination with what feels like procedurally generated Diablo in third person rooms doesn't do it for me. Tedious shite. Imho.

The reason I went back was because I thought it would be nice to go for the platinum, I never did that before with a Souls game. But is it worth completely spoiling my enthusiasm for the game just get a damn achievement by forcing myself through a bunch of tedious dungeons that even Bethesda would feel ashamed of? Probably not. I should do myself a favour and accept that getting a platinum trophy is nowhere as important as simply having fun.

For a while now I couldn't stop thinking about Bloodborne and felt the urge to play it every single chance I got (much to my wife's chagrin) but now after only 1 hour of Chalice Dungeons I sorta want to get away from the game for awhile. I'm not in a hurry to play it anymore :(

Same feelings as Gerbik, the Chalice Dungeons really do lack any real atmosphere, or sense of place. Apart from loot, their only real redeeming feature is seeing some different bosses.

But I know that as soon as I encounter an even tougher version of Rom down there, I'll be binning that particular dungeon (or co-oping it, just to get onwards and downwards to the last trophy fight).

So I don't really want my first playthrough to end. After a shaky start, the game finally clicked with me after Sweet Father G and the further in I got, the more I started to love it. After the R,tVS fight (the weakest boss of the game by far imo) I went from just loving it to omgwtf bestgame evar. So I decided to go back to the Chalice Dungeons and it's completely spoiling my enthusiasm for Bloodborne. I know some of you like them, but these dungeons... they're tedious as fuck, one samey tedious fucking room after another with none of the atmosphere and ingenious level design of the main game. I guess that's what I like most about the Souls series, the intricate and ingenious level design (probably also why DaS2 is my least favourite since the different areas don't feel like a connected whole, just a bunch of random areas stitched together) and there's none of that in the Chalice Dungeons. The combat is still fun, but only the combat in combination with what feels like procedurally generated Diablo in third person rooms doesn't do it for me. Tedious shite. Imho.

The reason I went back was because I thought it would be nice to go for the platinum, I never did that before with a Souls game. But is it worth completely spoiling my enthusiasm for the game just get a damn achievement by forcing myself through a bunch of tedious dungeons that even Bethesda would feel ashamed of? Probably not. I should do myself a favour and accept that getting a platinum trophy is nowhere as important as simply having fun.

For a while now I couldn't stop thinking about Bloodborne and felt the urge to play it every single chance I got (much to my wife's chagrin) but now after only 1 hour of Chalice Dungeons I sorta want to get away from the game for awhile. I'm not in a hurry to play it anymore :(

It's a fair opinion, man. I find them a bit.. uninspiring too, though there have been a few good moments/rooms/bosses so far! (not done much beyond first dungeon of each main chalice) Do you have anyone you can schedule in some regular coop? I found them a lot more enjoyable while chatting nonsense with a mate and dicking about, playing it a bit like Golden Axe :D

Little UV tip that might have been posted a milltion times already:

In the area leading up to TOR, there are these yellow flames with a skeleton in them. Lure enemies into them, as it eats away their health in an instant. Works espescially well for those beasts Davros posted a pic of, the ones plastered with skulls. Haven't tried it with the three hunters yet.