Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

I think Mike's route might be quicker, but I haven't checked.

Guys, do you ever give much thought to the best place to farm echoes? I've just been having a chilled play tonight, pottering about really. I found an easy way to farm echoes in one location:

In Byrgenwerth, if you run straight into the building and up the stairs, you can drop down into the weird big insect thing and kill it easily at close range. Then if you turn around the two insect guys (shudder) who usually drop down and ambush you will have their backs to you. You can visceral both of them without the other noticing. I'm using two 'Heir' runes (more echoes for viscera attacks) and a Moon Rune which simply increases echoes from slain enemies generally. Anyway, you get 1,800 for each one, and as it's a short run to them each time it racks up reasonably quickly.

Anyway, you're probably all scoffing and saying "Pffft, that's nothing, try going here..." So my question is where/what gives the best return in echoes?

RtVS is the first encounter in the game they has left me angry. I've had to stop for the night before throwing a proper rage quit...

It's the one hit kills from the minions that usually strike when I am out of view from the camera due to R rotating when approached.

Guys, do you ever give much thought to the best place to farm echoes? I've just been having a chilled play tonight, pottering about really. I found an easy way to farm echoes in one location:

In Byrgenwerth, if you run straight into the building and up the stairs, you can drop down into the weird big insect thing and kill it easily at close range. Then if you turn around the two insect guys (shudder) who usually drop down and ambush you will have their backs to you. You can visceral both of them without the other noticing. I'm using two 'Heir' runes (more echoes for viscera attacks) and a Moon Rune which simply increases echoes from slain enemies generally. Anyway, you get 1,800 for each one, and as it's a short run to them each time it racks up reasonably quickly.

Anyway, you're probably all scoffing and saying "Pffft, that's nothing, try going here..." So my question is where/what gives the best return in echoes?

NoM; third lamp.

Tens of thousands per run.

Had a wee session on old school Dark Souls, which is lovely as ever... but I miss the new core character action from Bloodborne. That fast-paced visceral combat mechanic that requires you to tactically think at a fast pace has basically taken a revered game template and spiced it up into something ever more incredible. God I fucking love Bloodborne and it's weighting up as one of my favourite games ever. Proper top tier shit.

I think you said you'd unlocked the LB, right?

So if you have a lamp for Lecture Building, you should be able to go out the door from the lamp, take the first door immediately on your right (same side as the lamp door), and kill a big bunch of easy-to-kill enemies for well over a grand per mob, depending on what runes you have (I used two moons to farm this bit and I think they netted me about 1900 each, but I forget now). They're incredibly easy to kill with bolt, pose very little threat, and they're so densely packed you rack up the echoes super fast.

I didn't really do any echo farming, though I did just spot this route while taking my skill/bloodtinge build through to NF..

12k in about a minute in Lecture Building

http://youtu.be/Bc2_6IcnT-s

The only farming I did on my first character was in UV > HG, about as much cash as above, slightly longer but with good drops of single / twin shards.

http://youtu.be/AaZMlb14nZM

Had a wee session on old school Dark Souls, which is lovely as ever... but I miss the new core character action from Bloodborne. That fast-paced visceral combat mechanic that requires you to tactically think at a fast pace has basically taken a revered game template and spiced it up into something ever more incredible. God I fucking love Bloodborne and it's weighting up as one of my favourite games ever. Proper top tier shit.

It's going to have to take a serious nosedive in quality to take it outside my Top 3. I just adore it.

Even when you're having a slightly frustrating session, you always get some sort of progress. After my farming session I tried to take out ML a few times. I failed, but I'm starting to get very used to his attacks, and I know it's only a matter of time before he falls.

After that I went to YtUV, which is a really tough area.

I was struggling for a bit with the regenerating enemies, and died loads of time, but I made it most of the way through, taking out the bell ringers as carefully as possible. Then I made a mad dash through where the giant wanker shoots frickin' laser beams at you, and only found the mother fucking lamp! That was just awesome. But even better was getting a certain key, and then opening a door up back into the main part of the area that you first visit when you get kidnapped. Only it's double batshit mental this time. I mean - What. The Actual. Fuck is this?

Bloodbornetrade_20150505235219_zpsnrmnoj

I tried to backslash it, but couldn't tell which bit was its arse! It chased me all the way down that narrow alley where there was previously a kidnapper and two dogs, then killed me! No matter, I started back at the freshly lit lantern, yay! Then I had another mad dash through, and realised I could get out via the graveyard of the Dark Beast. I was itching to try my new key out, as I suspected it opened that door right at the top of the tower above Cathedral Ward. And open it did! Talk about a long awaited pay off! I've been puzzling about that door for hours.

So now I again have a few areas to explore, and one boss outstanding. I've got the rest of Y,tUV, the Upper CW, and I forgot earlier that I also have the NF to do as well.

If I'd only managed to kill ML tonight I could go to bed 100% happy.

Thanks for the tip about the LB guys, I think I'll head there first in my next session.

Re: LB. There's a door before the one that dood goes into above (in fact, it's the one he exits from). In my experience, if you just enter through that door and wade in to the mob of, er, mobs with light attacks, it's even quicker. No need to bait, or visceral, or anything - they all just die within seconds, then you jump the lamp and go again. It's trivially easy to level up even at fairly high (for NG) levels.

Davros, don't worry, you'll find it in due course. Apologies. Don't waste energy looking for it now, man!

Gorf, I get what you mean now, was confusing it with a different bit! There is another door on the right I run past, it's closed from the other side initially.

I've just read the spoiler in Davros' post. Is that in YtUV? I've not seen any of that. I have killed everything outside save for the boss. I feel like I've missed a huge chunk of that section. Is the graveyard boss you refer to DBP?

Edit: just watched Dood's video! Haha! Completely missed that entire section to the right! I am so fucking good at this game!

Actually I looked again this morning and nope, Gorf I have no idea what you're talking about, hah. Unless you just meant running the route in my video backwards?

And goose, lol! Mate don't worry, it's actually easy to miss and a bit hidden. Just try to make sure you explore all options as far as possible before going forward in this game! (of course, this game is very good at making those other routes spiral and unravel and making you feel overwhelmed. :))

Oh and you haven't missed anything, you'll return there in due course...

SOY in NG+ is kicking my arse. Using the same tactics that worked well in NG is getting me nowhere, slowly. Even bolt enhanced +10 LHB is taking forever to kill one, and once they get their ranged attacks the remaining two are bloody hard to isolate. Taking too long to keep concentration going, when one misstep is double stunlock death, and so very much running away. Had to gib it last night as pissing me off, might Chalice for a while tonight as a palette cleanser.

Skill/bloodtinge build is going well. After getting frustrated (due to my own arrogance!) at losing to BSB and VA I ended up going to Hemwick, there are good twin shards there and an improved weapon always helps.

(did feel a bit gutted though as I wanted that reiterpallasch asap! :()

Anyway, it all went pretty smoothly, after a few early smack downs and lost Echoes.. (love how this game reminds you who's boss of you're cocky.)

Boss was no real trouble, though I nearly got caught out my a lingering attack after prey defeated..

After that, felt like returning for another go at BSB.. Felt like it was over so quickly..! :D have it, you bastard.

Riding high on confidence (but not arrogance!) I went to see VA again.. And that was over similarly quickly! :D #feelsgoodman..

I then made my way through a bit of FW, in order to get myself access to CC.. Skipped the boss initially and cleared NF of upgrade items. Pimped the reiterpallasch to +8.. :wub: then headed to see Logarius (at level 43!), got unlucky the first time, but he fell second try. Oh yeah! Revenge after the 20+ attempts with my first character :D

Actually I looked again this morning and nope, Gorf I have no idea what you're talking about, hah. Unless you just meant running the route in my video backwards?

I got the name of the lamp/floor wrong, but Davros does have access to that part. LB area spoiler:

I said it was the second floor lamp (I've corrected that now), but it's the other one Davros has, which is also the one you posted that video about, which is also the one I was describing - so we're all talking about the same area, apart from me getting the floor number wrong. Davros hasn't yet done the thing that spawns him in the other area. He has 'early' access (to the floor we've all been talking about as being good for farming echoes) because he found the tonsil stone and got grabbed by an amygdala, which dumps you at that lamp.

So we're all talking about the same area, except I got the name wrong. The important thing is that Davros does have access to it and can farm there as described.

Have they made TOR harder post patch? I rinsed him on my first two playthroughs, but last night I really struggled.

I think TOR is somewhat inconsistent. I had two runs where he one shot me. Third time I used 2 vials.

I've just read the spoiler in Davros' post. Is that in YtUV? I've not seen any of that. I have killed everything outside save for the boss. I feel like I've missed a huge chunk of that section. Is the graveyard boss you refer to DBP?

Edit: just watched Dood's video! Haha! Completely missed that entire section to the right! I am so fucking good at this game!

Dude! I'm a fair bit ahead of you remember! It's up to you of course, but it's spoilered for a reason. :)

Let's just say that after a certain point (that you're not that far away from really) things...change.