Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

Er. You just play Bloodborne again, OBVIOUSLY.

What sort of character did you end up with? Resolve to playthrough using completely different weapons, that's always a good one :)

That's what I'm doing with my current second playthrough, shifting from a Strength to a Bloodtinge build. (Even though I feel like I've made a terrible mistake at certain times. :lol: )

Today's Tip: If you have the Cannon equipped, remember to put the DS4 down gently when you take a break. :lol:

That shot barely missed the Doll. :blush:

I didn't have the cannon equipped, but I suffered a similar near-miss with the Doll a while back. I think it seems to be a rite of passage for most Bloodborne players. :D

Bit of a wander around tonight, with a couple of really odd deaths. I somehow got one-shotted by a pig at one point.

The pig's charge attack has done me in one go a few times in YUV, though I was maybe a bit low in vitality and stuff at the time. Twice they turned invisible mid-charge as well which I assume was a bug but felt pretty severe.

The charge attack and critical from behind on the pigs is quite.. Graphic. I hope my character found an antibacterial handgel drop somewhere.

Fighting SoY last night, our cat came and sat on the sofa with me, which is unusual.

I got the old You Died banner and she just looks at me as if to say "WHY DIDN'T YOU DODGE, YOU STUPID FUCK".

Stuck in a caravan for 3 days without Bloodborne. Christ. Stopped in my prime of an NG+ run and a fun mullering of the early Chalice Dungeons. So for fuck's sake can you all talk a bit more about how ridiculously unbelievably good this game is. Share your thoughts. Talk about favourite little moments. Best kills. Favourite bit of architecture. Coolest trick weapon. Greatest recoveries from near disaster. Most disgusting bad guy.

3 days. A fucking caravan. Help me.

Getting a lot more invasions in NOM on my second run, its making it hard to progress.

Yeah I'm getting that too. Twice I got invaded before I'd even got up the second set of stairs. And I got invaded immediately after killing MHotN and didn't even have chance to light the lamp

Triple piggy visceral :) (it is at a later stage in the game but isn't that spoilery but just in case you are worried but it doesn't give anything away really)

Whoa - is that new game plus? That took three backstabs ha (well, two, the third was for show :P)! Or were you using a non fully upgraded weapon?

Had a fun-ish time in the FW area earlier. Don't know where I'm going yet, but opened a shortcut to way back in the game, and killed an important-seeming NPC as a result. Not entirely sure what was going on! It seemed shady though. I feel bad for the old woman I was just trying to help.

Anyone got any tips for poison resistance? I have white church gear, but I still can't explore much.

Hmm, my new build is a bit of a Mess. Currently around 6 bosses in and in the FW area, my guy is kinda a "Glass Cannon" I guess. I've got super high SKILL but everything else is in the teens so not really got good defence against anything.

I take BIG damage when I make a mistake, but with certain weapons I get really good damage output.

Tempted to start again and put a bit more thought in the build.

Had a fun-ish time in the FW area earlier. Don't know where I'm going yet, but opened a shortcut to way back in the game, and killed an important-seeming NPC as a result. Not entirely sure what was going on! It seemed shady though. I feel bad for the old woman I was just trying to help.

Anyone got any tips for poison resistance? I have white church gear, but I still can't explore much.

You should pick up a decent poison resist rune in the FW - also not clear how you killed the NPC?

Hmm, my new build is a bit of a Mess. Currently around 6 bosses in and in the FW area, my guy is kinda a "Glass Cannon" I guess. I've got super high SKILL but everything else is in the teens so not really got good defence against anything.

I take BIG damage when I make a mistake, but with certain weapons I get really good damage output.

Tempted to start again and put a bit more thought in the build.

Can't you just pump out vit now to balance it out?

Whoa - is that new game plus? That took three backstabs ha (well, two, the third was for show :P)! Or were you using a non fully upgraded weapon?

Nope NG, +9 weapon, but really it only needs 2 and a quick swipe, I just did three for the hell of it :)

Nope NG, +9 weapon, but really it only needs 2 and a quick swipe, I just did three for the hell of it :)

Interesting to compare weapon damage (I'm currently considering builds for another run). The LHB+10 knocks out the same piggy with one backstab and no further hits - but thats with 30 skill/30 strength too and a tonne of damage gems (no applicable runes - they are all for stamina/health).

I dig

The Unseen Village

so much with those

Cthulhu spiders clung to the buildings.

Great combat and level design aside, one of the main reasons this is my fave From game is that Miyazaki went from dark fantasy to horror and

nailed Lovecraft

in video game form like no other.

Ah my skill and strength where only around the 12 mark and the LHB is a beast of a weapon.

Which is why I'm struggling to leave it for my next play through and choose something else haha. I think people in speed runs use the saw weapon you were due to the moveset/quick backstabs. All this moaning about reduced weapon choices and I don't even want to leave my beloved LHB :(. Vemsie, it might be obvious to most (and I completely agree!), if not all, but might be worth spoilering the last bit of your post there. I had no idea about that stuff until I played it!

This might be obvious but you know there are two bosses there right? The first one was a doddle but I have yet to beat the second. Feel like I know what I need to do but huge health pool and getting over eager towards the end tends to do me in :(

To Uncle Mike

Isn't Gascoigne's gear good for Poison Resistance? Seem to remember I used that in OY up against the BSB

I've gotten lost plenty of times there too. Watching the ENB run which covers up to the first shortcut being opened, I've realised I've missed at least -

No specifics -

1 NPC

1 Major Weapon

1 Complete cave system - bloody hell, just seen where it leads back to. How is this even possible!