Bloodborne - GOTD edition

Call for help? I think I accidentally cheesed him with ML. Turning it off between plays now.

Yep calling for help would be a solution, but I managed to get two cooperators twice but both of them in every session were erased by EtDOC during the fight, so I left alone, my mind was blank and I stared at the screen blinded by rage and maybe that's the reason I was beaten once again.

currently struggling with EtDoC.... first boss that seems impossible to overcome alone. EtDoC keeps oneshotting me during last part of the fight, when E reaches 1/2 of its heath...even if I'm level 100 and not properly a noob..

Suggestions anyone?

It took me about 25 attempts! Like you I summoned aid twice and they both died. Get in close, get behind and run (keep stick forward) don't jump. Only back off if she starts with the cosmic rays then leap three times. Then get stuck in again. I found it tricky as its very capable at distance and close if you get caught out. I was level 89 I think. But staying close is the key I reckon.

Have they changed the blood vial drop rate with the latest patch? I've been running around with none for ages. No idea why. I think I have loads in storage - Does having loads in storage affect drop rates?

Just watched this all the way through. Talk about a turnaround at the end! You were having a tough time of it at the start. Never the game's fault though, as you rightly acknowledged.

A few things leapt out at me: - STUFF

Cheers dude, yeah, towards the end I noticed I should look around more, so will keep that in mind.

Glad you enjoyed it though, makes it worthwhile knowing people are enjoying watching.

Yeah, watching other people play is almost as much fun as playing yourself!

The other thing I was going to mention, and this is more of a personal preference, is that unless you're planning to get online help during the game I'm not sure why you're playing it in online mode. I find all the notes and spectres running around really distracting. You may find it easier to discern what's important to look at/for in offline mode.

I hardly ever asked for help, but I'd still play it in Online mode given the choice. The notes and spectres are all part of the experience, as are the invasions!

The spectres and notes can be really useful anyway. I was alerted to several ambushes by notes, as well as good items, and the death spectres can often help in a less explicit way too.

Yeah I didn't co-op once but I'd never play a Souls game offline. I like seeing other players fade in now and then, but it's all about the notes really. Some are helpful, some are useless, some are really funny depending on the context (it's the scourge of fatties, reeks of elderly etc) but they really make it feel like a collective experience across the 50+ hours even if you never play with another soul.

Just killed a boss on my first attempt for the first time. It was against DP. Only used two blood vials as well.

Felt good! :D

Nice.

He smashed me into oblivion within fifteen seconds on my first encounter with him earlier this evening.

I don't think I'll have the problems with him that I did with VA. Or BSB for that matter.

Hopefully.

So.... Heres my boss takedowns thus far.

Bloodborne : Cleric Beast Takedown: https://youtu.be/8LwHblbl0L8

Bloodborne: Father Gascoignes Demise: https://youtu.be/AXR8qN_CGHY

Bloodborne: Yer teas oot Vicar (Amelia): https://youtu.be/zqVhYUCEWO8

Bloodborne : The Witch of Hemwick...Scoosh: https://youtu.be/zxVKhJVCC0g

Bloodborne : Blood Starved Beast, eat this!!!: https://youtu.be/XU1-WKt5y-g

Bloodborne : Roon ye' Darkbeast Paarl...ROOOON YE: https://youtu.be/Ufi2Bt-reeE

Bloodborne : Shadows of Yharnam: https://youtu.be/6SHNx_Pt9eQ

Couple of them arent particularly exciting, mainly me just spamming the axe before letting fly.

Nice.

He smashed me into oblivion within fifteen seconds on my first encounter with him earlier this evening.

I don't think I'll have the problems with him that I did with VA. Or BSB for that matter.

Hopefully.

Heres the clip of the fight if it helps:

Have they changed the blood vial drop rate with the latest patch? I've been running around with none for ages. No idea why. I think I have loads in storage - Does having loads in storage affect drop rates?

Buy them! They auto refill from your storage, so if you're not filling up between load screens, you are actually empty.

currently struggling with EtDoC.... first boss that seems impossible to overcome alone. EtDoC keeps oneshotting me during last part of the fight, when E reaches 1/2 of its heath...even if I'm level 100 and not properly a noob..

Suggestions anyone?

I waited for the fast charge then tickled what I could on her back a couple of times before getting range quickly. The AOE of her thrashing melee is huge so be quick getting out again, tap circle a few times, try to keep your back to either the entrance or the altar. Old Hunter Bone may help. As soon as the ranged projectile animation starts, run diagonally towards her without any lock on, far easier than trying to tap dodge them. Bolt Paper works a treat on her.

Yeah I didn't co-op once but I'd never play a Souls game offline. I like seeing other players fade in now and then, but it's all about the notes really ... they really make it feel like a collective experience across the 50+ hours even if you never play with another soul.

Definitely; the feeling that you're somehow sharing this bleak, lonely odyssey with vast numbers of fellow unfortunates is a key part of the experience. A bit like commuting in London.

Suggestions anyone?

I think I might have got lucky, because I did E first time, unlike most bosses that I struggled with and a few that I co-oped.

Anyway, I did this:

Ran straight at it. Got behind it, pretty much stood inside its split tail and wailed on it. Kept healing as required and rolling back to the same place. Used a fair few vials, and stamina management was the main problem.