Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

The publishing rights for Demon's 1 that were drawn up, may not extend to any sequels. Or, someone could end up doing a buyout of any sequel rights locked into Demon's 1 deals, should, say, Atlus get cold feet about what would no doubt be much bigger guarantees than they would be used to, or could handle.

Or, to get around the whole publishing rights situation, From could have just created an all-new IP. That to me is the most plausible route given a) that there is a working project title, b) shotguns etc. and c) IP buyout deals of the type above are pretty unheard of.

We'll find out soon enough.

Demons souls was a joint development between Sony and from. It's not a case of restricting the publishing to Sony, they also part own the ip.

Going by the legal line for the game that's on the game website, Sony owns the copyright outright - From doesn't even get a mention.

The legal line doesn't even mention the trademark ownership, and a search for the title on the US Trademark website brings up nada.

Which to me says it's a Sony property first and foremost. If it was a.new demons and it was PS4 only then I'd be getting a PS4. I wouldn't begrudge Sony for it as without them we don't see games like demons souls or valkyria being made.

• 4 weeks later...

Something I totally missed was the weapon; it's almost like an oversized cut-throat razor! It's folded over for th emost part, but as he approaches the 'boss' he flicks it out like a badass! :D

OMGOMGOMG E3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No he isn't, he's awesomely enthusiastic.

Hugely excited for this. Please let it be revealed at E3 with a 2015 release!

Pfft I want it THIS YEAR. They've surely been on it alongside DkS2...

Wishful thinking I know.

Pfft I want it THIS YEAR. They've surely been on it alongside DkS2...

Wishful thinking I know.

Oh of course, if it was this year I would probably spontaneously combust with excitement, I just doubt it will be.

In fact, can anyone think of any examples of games revealed at E3 and being released in the same year?