Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

I've started a new character with a focus on skill/bloodtinge. I could do with some advice though - does bloodtinge have any effect apart from the damage your guns do? I mean, the game only really expects you to use guns as a parry/reposte, not as main damage dealers, so I was wondering if bloodtinge also affects your blood defense stat or anything? Are there any cool weapons in the late game that scale with bloodtinge?

NoM area is so hard. I am really struggling to fight the enemies and avoid getting killed by the environment (trying to avoid spoilers). Any tips?

Check your runes and clothing for Frenzy resistant tweaks. Sedatives will remove Frenzy. Then either move slowly from one safe spot to another, taking out the enemies (this will be hard) or belt it up the left path to the door.

Despite every boss (Apart from the WoH) kicking my arse I've loved every single one.

I've found it harder than any other Souls game so far. Most of the bosses have felt impossible to begin with but then comes that magical moment where it all comes together :wub:

This game. This fucking game.

Ok, I got up to LB, and

I saw a spider on a wall, and obviously I killed it immediately. Then it said something like "That's not very nice, old boy!" and died, leaving a madman's knowledge. Have I just made a colossal boob by killing a friendly NPC?

I did that by accident too. Don't worry, he's a real cunt.

I've done some more exploring in the FW and come across a shortcut to

to Iosefka's Clinic. I've no idea what's happened but it looks like she's been replaced with something that has a massive bollock for a face. Found something to do with somewhere called Cainhurst. Any hints as to where I can use it?

finished the game, died quite a few times on Mungo

couldn't get to grips with her attacks when she splits into two at all

but killed GTFH on my second try. Fucking great game, better than Dark Souls 2 and right up there with DS1.

also, just noticed that the first window guy tells you at least as much about what to do as the firelink guy in DS1 did, shame I didn't realise there were window guys until I'd long finished the first area :lol:

Following which I am now totally confused about what to do next.

A new area seemed to open up in the CW, a door with a big round lift, leading to a tower filled with wheelchair bound gun nuts. Fought my way to the top after about 15 deaths, only to find a locked door. Fought my way nearly to the bottom, only to find myself out on a wooden beam with no way to escape other than jump to my death.

So after that I decided to explore the rest of CW again, just for a change of scene. Found a creepy new enemy who killed me...or so I thought. Woke up in a prison cell in The Unseen Village! Several deaths later at the hands of some horrible throat slashing witches, and I've called it a night.

I don't think I've ever played a game which see-saws so violently between familiarity and the unsettling unknown. I have no idea what is coming next.

Really loving this game, have only briefly played DS2 before this is really my first Souls experience.

Currently around level 50. Have just beaten bosses ROM and SoY was no real difficulty. Hardest so far have been FG and ML.

I seemed to have hit a block, not sure if I been to get a higher level to try them but both Am....la and DP are really a task. Not having any luck with either. Been trying to learn their fight patterns but still no joy.

May go come back to them after some more Chalice Dungeons.

A new area seemed to open up in the CW, a door with a big round lift, leading to a tower filled with wheelchair bound gun nuts. Fought my way to the top after about 15 deaths, only to find a locked door. Fought my way nearly to the bottom, only to find myself out on a wooden beam with no way to escape other than jump to my death.

So after that I decided to explore the rest of CW again, just for a change of scene. Found a creepy new enemy who killed me...or so I thought. Woke up in a prison cell in The Unseen Village! Several deaths later at the hands of some horrible throat slashing witches, and I've called it a night.

I don't think I've ever played a game which see-saws so violently between familiarity and the unsettling unknown. I have no idea what is coming next.

You are just where I am now. Well one step ahead now by the sound of it.
Where was the thing that killed you that made you wake in the unseen village?

You are just where I am now. Well one step ahead now by the sound of it.

Where was the thing that killed you that made you wake in the unseen village?

From the Cathedral Ward lamp head out the exit straight ahead of you then left towards the stairs and left again before you go up them. Should be a big bastard with a sack there.

Might be worth increasing the in game brightness a bit for that section.

The place you guys are talking about is optional, it's doesnt progress the story.
It's a tough area and can be a baptism of fire but

Mild spoiler

there's a lamp near where you start...won't say any more than "up"
You can use this to return to hunters dream without tackling the area

Progression after BSB

First method

from the door that opens in the cathedral

Further info about that method

go down, not up

Other method

buy the key in hunters dream for 10,000 echoes

Last night I got all the way up to TOR and died before calling it a night, but it didn't seem like it would be too tough a fight really (I reserve the right to retract this obviously).

I was delighted with the shortcut I found on the way that was surely an homage to the one in DS

stepping off the elevator as it goes down, onto the roof

I did wander into UCW but I felt out of my depth because it seemed to be taking ages to kill some of the bog standard enemies inside even with me cheesing them in doorways. I'll go back to that one later.

Started another chalice dungeon but the lack of variety in terms of architecture is disappointing. I've completed two so far and I'm already bored on only the third one.

If you want

to get to the bottom of the workshop tower I recorded a bit of footage a while back (the ropes are the key as you can see I missed one ledge and dropped to far about half way)

though as other people have said it isn't necessary

I've started a new character with a focus on skill/bloodtinge. I could do with some advice though - does bloodtinge have any effect apart from the damage your guns do? I mean, the game only really expects you to use guns as a parry/reposte, not as main damage dealers, so I was wondering if bloodtinge also affects your blood defense stat or anything? Are there any cool weapons in the late game that scale with bloodtinge?

Most guns scale with Bloodtinge and there are several weapons in the game that scale quite well with it. I'm doing a Chikage/ Reiterpallasch build myself and both weapons scale excellent with skill/bloodtinge. Dunno about it's effectiveness in pve but should be very good in pvp. Doesn't do anything for defense though.