Bloodborne - GOTD edition

MW_Jimmy

Man, in between all of my whining about GTFH (not attempted him today yet) I realised that I've been hoarding stacks of Coldblood that I can't bear to part with, so I've just burned through a ton of it and got some extra levels. :D

yeah, I never use those items, there's always a point when you want a big pile of souls for a new Hat or levels to meet requirements and it saves having to grind.

I might use all my insight items, start NG+ with like 130 insight and get murdered.

I struggled massively with this too. Truth is the game really opens up after that in many fucking great ways. Try summoning, try focusing on spiders, try rushing the boss with electrical damage, but don't give up!

You can avoid the meteors by rolling at the very last minute. Use Bolt baby, get to the side of him. I managed to down him pretty fast.

The meteors are big blue dicks. Best thing to do is stay close so he doesn't do it. When he does, though, make the camera almost vertical to see where they are and time your rolls.

R is my least favourite boss especially when

you meet his Chalice Dungeon version

You know what you have to do against him, but the fight is so loooong (or you roll the RNG dice and try to out DPS him and then end up having to farm for vials). It is just no fun and doesn't really play to the strengths of the new combat system imo.

@ soo denim -have a look at your runes, if you have one that reduces arcane damage, try that. Meteors won't take you out as quickly, giving you a healing/battering window.

This is why I love the Souls thread's (yes I think Bloodborne is a souls game!) You can reach a point of pure frustration. Vent on the forum and people are really helpful and supportive.

Thanks all, I'm away this weekend but R is a dick whose going to die next week!

The big spinny cleaver cunt near the start I've attempted a few times but never succeeded, I can't get out of the way quick enough. I do find it hard to pull off the jumping attack every time, probably every three?

If you bait his attack and then shoot him in the face you stagger him. Run up to him and do a visceral attack you will probably one shot him, if not hit him as hes getting up and hes dead.

He is put there to teach you to parry and learn to punish that with a visceral attack.

Killed VA, finally - as a relative novice to the Souls games (put a few hours into DeS) I'm finding bosses much harder than the rest of the game. Then made my way through to the WoH, lovely change of scenery at that point and finally feel comfortable with the controls and combat. Frustrations aside it's a wonderful game, at least thus far.

Taking my time with this. Just arrived in the "old" part of town and enjoying every second of it. Explored every nook and cranny, and am tempted by the 10k key. I know what gate it opens but/and judging by the type of enemy I hear strolling around there it might not be a good idea.

You can run past everything and at worst one will follow you up the ladder (who can be easily dispatched). Think Forrest Gump, you don't need to attack anything at all.

Also note that to run (and also to climb/descend ladders quickly) you hold circle. I didn't know this until a fair few few hours in!

Anyone around tonight to co-op BSB? Fed up with bosses in this.

There's an NPC summon to the right at the bottom of the stairs just before the boss.

Look for the shift of light and a message on the floor. Ring the Bell while stood on the message.

Regarding shortcuts in Central Yarnham, when you first come out of Iosefka's clinic there's the gate to the left and also one to the right. I've yet to unlock the right one, even though it feels like I've explored everywhere in Central Yarnham. Should I be able to unlock it at the point I'm currently at, having killed CB and FG and just got to OY?

Well I briefly managed to see GTFH's second form by two handing the big version of Ludwig's Holy Blade and going nuts with R1, even when he tries to get his own atttacks in - the Regain helps a lot, and if I start swinging in advance the overhead from the third swing is pretty useful. Of course, I hadn't restocked my vials beforehand and I died before I got to really see the next form, but that's the best attempt I've had so far.

There's an NPC summon to the right at the bottom of the stairs just before the boss.

Look for the shift of light and a message on the floor. Ring the Bell while stood on the message.

The bit where it says something like 'if you need help, all you have to do is ring the bell'?

Balls, I had no idea that there were NPCs to summon. I tried to summon a co-op partner but I was standing over by the nightmare fog. Stood there for ages, no-one came so I had to go and take out BSB by myself. Nearly woke up the wife with my victory roar. :-)

To be honest, whilst I'm sure the "right" approach is to sensibly evade attacks and to parry etc, sometimes you just need to wail on something with R1.

Remember Shooty therefore time for wailing....

Luckily my two weeks off work coincided with Blloodborne being released so most of the time has been spent shunning the good weaher we've had and exploring the lovely gothic type world of the game.

Completed it last night and loved every minute of it. Going to echo what others have said about the sense of accomplishment you get for deafeating some of the bosses in this game. Thanks to the Beckoning Bell system being a bit wonky I downed all bosses on my own bar one where as before in other Souls games I kind of gave up after a few goes and just called in help by default.

Only bad thing about it is, like what happened when I played Dark Souls, it's going to make other games pale and uninteresting in comparison for a while.

I'm very close to throwing in the towel now.

Old Yharnam's turret-dwelling dickhead is making progress impossible. It'd be fine, if there wasn't one of those bastard-hard NPC hunters in the way too.

Getting picked up by ghost hand things and getting one-hit-killed - with NO way of avoiding it - is really fucking me off. Damn shame, as I was loving the shit out of the fair challenge.

Confucius?

If you want more specific help with gattling gun guy see below what worked for me.

Run to him and 'wail' at him before he has a chance to react and he falls to his death. So I did not really have to fight him in the conventional sense.

I'm very close to throwing in the towel now.

Old Yharnam's turret-dwelling dickhead is making progress impossible. It'd be fine, if there wasn't one of those bastard-hard NPC hunters in the way too.

Getting picked up by ghost hand things and getting one-hit-killed - with NO way of avoiding it - is really fucking me off. Damn shame, as I was loving the shit out of the fair challenge.

You don't have to fight the other hunter before going up. He retreats when you get close to going up.

He also hates turret dude