rllmuk
Sng

The Rllmuk Photography Thread

One from Lumiere London last week.  I'm kinda on the fence about this one, the colours of the rainbow are a bit muted I feel, wish I could get them to leap out a bit more:

39017688275_a067971661_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

@Naysonymous Colour looks fine on that to me. The colours are muted on the tree and building, so the colours on the lights really stand out.

On 26/01/2018 at 16:41, FishyFish said:

Thanks @Ste_S

I've thought about pushing film (probably HP5+ or Tri-X), but not attempted it yet. Those look pretty good. The grain is still relatively unobtrusive even with two-stops of overexposure.

The ones I posted are medium format, which can take pushing a lot more than 35mm. I recently pushed a roll of 35mm HP5 to 1600 and it's grainmageddon. I kinda like it as a one off, but wouldn't do it regularly. TMAX 400 or Delta 400 may take pushing two stops at 35mm a bit better.

35mm HP5 pushed to 1600

000103980036.jpg

000103980021.jpg

000103980001.jpg

• Upvote 2

Some more from me. 

25105271257_452bc97ce0_h.jpg

Not sure what this building is, I think it's some 80s built office complex which is partially occupied. It's next door to Westminster Magistrate Courts on Marylebone Road.

39944253132_26e195e3b9_h.jpg

One of the ponds on Hampstead Heath. 

26103293538_dc6c1a29a6_h.jpg

Tower block in Hillfields, Coventry. 

39096888035_e5d73faff1_h.jpg

I love this spot.  I like this photo too, wish it hadn't been so cloudy but it's just a great little corner of London.  Mornington Crescent station is a gem, the old Carreras Cigarette factory in the background is even better. :wub:

• Upvote 2

@Naysonymous

Try having  a play around with a crop of #1 ? I find the sign distracts from the effect of the image, cropping it out may/may not help ?

• Upvote 1

@Ste_S

I quite like the crop, I've got a black and white version where the sign in the window is much more subtle.  I'll have a play with it when I get to my computer though. 

Curved_glass_.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 01/02/2018 at 11:18, Omizzay said:

Does anyone have any good presets for Adobe Lightroom they can share?

What are you trying to do, is there a particular look that you want your photos to have ? I tend to process each image individually (if it's worth doing) and don't use presets 

I have a bunch of presets - some that I've downloaded (which I don't tend to use that often), and others that I've made myself that I do use quite often. Some of them are black & white conversions and the like which alter lots of settings, others are just tweaks that I use regularly (e.g. I have a preset that I run all my macro shots through that sets sharpening and things, and another one that adds some basic settings to black & white film shots).

As Ste says, it really depends on what you want to do.

Also if you use Canon there's some reasonable baseline presets for them, I assume other manufacturers would have similar? I find them useful to get a start on an image before I get more into it.

On 2/2/2018 at 19:53, Ste_S said:

What are you trying to do, is there a particular look that you want your photos to have ? I tend to process each image individually (if it's worth doing) and don't use presets 

On 2/2/2018 at 20:03, FishyFish said:

I have a bunch of presets - some that I've downloaded (which I don't tend to use that often), and others that I've made myself that I do use quite often. Some of them are black & white conversions and the like which alter lots of settings, others are just tweaks that I use regularly (e.g. I have a preset that I run all my macro shots through that sets sharpening and things, and another one that adds some basic settings to black & white film shots).

As Ste says, it really depends on what you want to do.

It probably sounds a bit silly, but my go to camera is the GoPro (Hero and more recently the Fusion).  The colours are sometimes quite muted, so I'm looking for presets to enhance them up a bit.

11 hours ago, Omizzay said:

It probably sounds a bit silly, but my go to camera is the GoPro (Hero and more recently the Fusion).  The colours are sometimes quite muted, so I'm looking for presets to enhance them up a bit.

Here's one. It might be a bit OTT, but you can always edit it to tone it down. I've uploaded it to WeTransfer:

https://we.tl/r5UGjmhmDd

• Upvote 1

25217081447_1f00c264e9_h.jpg

The abandoned platform at Polesworth railway station.  They ripped the overbridge out some fifteen years ago and there has been no access to the southbound platform nor have any trains stopped there ever since so the shelter is quietly rusting away.  Weirdly, the northbound platform which does have a train service (albeit one train a day) has no shelter.  Possibly unique on the UK rail network.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

917 again_2

What do you think? My first go at a double exposures post process. 

I like it.  I think the Dunlop bridge is too prominent though.  Have you tried it with the scene moved left a few inches?

On 2/6/2018 at 23:40, Sidewaysbob said:

917 again_2

What do you think? My first go at a double exposures post process. 

Edges on the car need to be much sharper, looks messy around the front skirt/bumper.

I like it a lot  though, it's just the little details that need sorting.

• Upvote 1

A few from a couple of walks in the Peak District this week. I took the DSLR out for a spin (but still had a couple of film cameras with me :) ).

26268454708_ecfb5e9f9e_b.jpg

In Padley Gorge by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

40119778512_1b61a3dd4c_c.jpg

Frozen quarry by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

25297870827_fb8b2117b6_c.jpg

In a crack in a rock by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

28408947109_d9ed037d03_b.jpg

A rock in the woods by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

39290960635_0f114b53b1_c.jpg

Ancient woodlands by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

39493542204_6c5e7826f4_b.jpg

FILM - Misty Longshaw by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr