rllmuk
Sng

The Rllmuk Photography Thread

25217081447_1f00c264e9_h.jpg

The abandoned platform at Polesworth railway station.  They ripped the overbridge out some fifteen years ago and there has been no access to the southbound platform nor have any trains stopped there ever since so the shelter is quietly rusting away.  Weirdly, the northbound platform which does have a train service (albeit one train a day) has no shelter.  Possibly unique on the UK rail network.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

917 again_2

What do you think? My first go at a double exposures post process. 

I like it.  I think the Dunlop bridge is too prominent though.  Have you tried it with the scene moved left a few inches?

On 2/6/2018 at 23:40, Sidewaysbob said:

917 again_2

What do you think? My first go at a double exposures post process. 

Edges on the car need to be much sharper, looks messy around the front skirt/bumper.

I like it a lot  though, it's just the little details that need sorting.

• Upvote 1

A few from a couple of walks in the Peak District this week. I took the DSLR out for a spin (but still had a couple of film cameras with me :) ).

26268454708_ecfb5e9f9e_b.jpg

In Padley Gorge by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

40119778512_1b61a3dd4c_c.jpg

Frozen quarry by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

25297870827_fb8b2117b6_c.jpg

In a crack in a rock by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

28408947109_d9ed037d03_b.jpg

A rock in the woods by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

39290960635_0f114b53b1_c.jpg

Ancient woodlands by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

39493542204_6c5e7826f4_b.jpg

FILM - Misty Longshaw by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, carlospie said:

Couldn’t you pick the best three! 

To be honest I doubt even he knows which are the good ones

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Ste_S said:

To be honest I doubt even he knows which are the good ones

There's different degrees of brilliance, some approach astounding, incredible etc, then some are one in a million, timeless, but combined you get genius. ... regardless of the individual quality it's more about the overall effect the consistent mood creates. I just sit on so much good stuff for so long I'm dieing to let it out there. It feels wrong to deny people it. You wouldn't just sit on pure gold, would you? I mean I've just uploaded these

uietdfhfg_by_a_r_v-dc39w4s.png

reyrtyr_by_a_r_v-dc35jwr.png

454e6rytrytruty_by_a_r_v-dc39u2h.png

wesyhjghj_by_a_r_v-dc35l60.png

warerre_by_a_r_v-dc38w24.png

You people don't realise how good this stuff is. Hopefully, there's a few people, maybe they don't post, they're..what's that word? When you're...guests? Arggh, the silent hidden users of a forum? Anyway, those. yeah, hopefully, there's a few who are like; that guy! His stuff is the reason i go in that thread, beach after beach after fucking beach, and then bang, he puts up something like it's from a fucking horror film. Now I'm at a point where I have to think whether it's worthwhile, whether the privilege of an online place to show can offset how upsetting it is. I have to decide whether I'm wasted on rllmuk.

lurker, that's it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

His stuff is the reason i go in that thread, beach after beach after fucking beach, and then bang, he puts up something like it's from a fucking horror film

*Shrugs* I'm sure you think you're doing something revolutionary, but to be be honest it looks like average street photography. With the motion blur and heavy silhouetting on some photos it looks like a sixth form students take on it at that.

A lot of the photos having boring composition and un-interesting subjects where you haven't really captured anything, and have just silhouetted them to try to create interest.

Having said that, I do like four of them where you do seem to have captured a moment and the essence of the people you've shot. You probably need to learn what to keep and what to throw away.

Also, ease back on the processing. Man with the beard is far too heavily processed though for my tastes

rdghghhfgghhg_by_a_r_v-dbywkf3.png&key=5

4trytrytrytryty_by_a_r_v-dbxm0y2.png&key

erserse_by_a_r_v-dc2to49.png&key=65adfd0rftrrtt_by_a_r_v-dc32dek.png&key=b00eca3

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ste_S said:

*Shrugs* I'm sure you think you're doing something revolutionary, but to be be honest it looks like average street photography. With the motion blur and heavy silhouetting on some photos it looks like a sixth form students take on it at that.

A lot of the photos having boring composition and un-interesting subjects where you haven't really captured anything, and have just silhouetted them to try to create interest.

Genuinely, which ones are most boring and uninteresting? 

I'll use this one as an example of what I'm talking about.

gcfcvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv_by_a_r_v-dbu7k9a.p

It's someone selling some pretzels that isn't really that interesting. Any interest that could of been there you've killed by pushing contrast to the extreme. The contrast doesn't really boost anything in the photo, and feels as though you haven't thought though why you really doing it, or why you took the photo in the first place.

The framing is also bad as you've got someone half hidden by a stack of pretzels.

Contrast it to this photo of a pretzel seller by Vivian Maier. She's captured the sadness and desperation of the pretzel seller, which would of been enough for a portrait photo by itself. What she's also managed to do is contrast the presumed poverty of the pretzel seller with the more affluent New Yorkers.

The shallow(ish) depth of field also helps to draw the eye in towards the seller.

VM03.jpg 

• Upvote 4