rllmuk
Sng

The Rllmuk Photography Thread

Went to Donna Nook on the Lincolnshire coast yesterday to have a look at the seals. They come to shore to give birth around this time of year.

38111105424_e8e6873deb_b.jpg

DSC_0601 by James Sutherland, on Flickr

The pups lose the white fluffy coat after a few weeks so you get loads of it all over the ground.

23962455987_e4ebccbe3a_b.jpg

DSC_0877 by James Sutherland, on Flickr

They have a rare all black seal there this year. Couldn't see that one, so had to make do with a mostly black one instead.

38796236962_a287e1b287_b.jpg

DSC_0859 by James Sutherland, on Flickr

23962456707_aeb3cdc27d_b.jpg

DSC_0749 by James Sutherland, on Flickr

• Upvote 4

On 12/4/2017 at 14:28, strider said:

I'm going to create a calendar this year for my in-laws and my Auntie. I've been going through my images trying to find my favourite shots and it's proving to be quite tough.

I'll probably use this for my December Robin.

27036475569_ffd20dab55_b.jpgA jolly Robin by Darran Jones, on Flickr

I'd edit out the bit of twine or whatever over the left hand leg..

7 hours ago, strider said:

My photoshop skills aren't that good :(

Tell the Retro Gamer designers that is a screenshot from, er, Potty Pigeon, and ask them to do it. :D

Seriously though, it’ll be very easy to fix in Lightroom or Photoshop using the healing brush tool, even for someone without many editing skills. There are tons of YouTube videos explaining the process, and I think you’d be able to do it easily if you wanted to. :)

15 hours ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

If you've gt photoshop just use the healing brush with content aware fill on it and draw straight over it...

Yeah. It's a tiny thread and the background is reasonably solid. It'll probably be a 5min job using a healing brush in something as simple as snapseed

On 12/4/2017 at 15:28, strider said:

I'm going to create a calendar this year for my in-laws and my Auntie. I've been going through my images trying to find my favourite shots and it's proving to be quite tough. (...)

I've been doing that for the past many years for my parents and myself - it's a bit of work, but usually turns out really well - can only recommend it :)

Also, a couple of old pictures from Lausanne, and some more recent from New York:

LR-Web-6842.jpg

Blue skies in Lausanne

LR-Web-6854.jpg

Blue skies in Lausanne

LR-Web-6888.jpg

Blue skies in Lausanne

LR-Web-6978.jpg

Blue skies in Lausanne

LR-Web-8038.jpg

New York revisited

LR-Web-8057.jpg

New York revisited

LR-Web-8086.jpg

New York revisited

LR-Web-8115.jpg

New York revisited

LR-Web-8158.jpg

New York revisited

• Upvote 4

There's certainly been some impressive skies/lighting around recently. From yesterday

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

I'm liking the iPhone as a camera more the amount of time I spend with it. May end up binning other digital cameras altogether - especially when i get one of the dual lens ones as the wide focal length is the only thing i don't like about it.

• Upvote 2

@FishyFish Nice ! How are you finding the Ikonta ? I recently bought it's cheaper sibling, the Nettar, for £25 and it's quickly become my favourite camera.

The Ikonta lens on your photo looks a tad sharper than the Nettar

These are from the Nettar, on Kodak TMax 400

000045540007.jpg

000045540011.jpg

Me.JPG

24 minutes ago, Ste_S said:

@FishyFish Nice ! How are you finding the Ikonta ? I recently bought it's cheaper sibling, the Nettar, for £25 and it's quickly become my favourite camera.

The Ikonta lens on your photo looks a tad sharper than the Nettar

Yours still look pretty sharp, especially the second one.

I really like the Ikonta though. Mine has the Novar, rather than the (supposedly better) Tessar lens, but I don't have any complaints on image quality. The uncoupled rangefinder slows things down a little, but the thing I like best about it is it's size - a medium format film camera that I can easily drop in my coat pocket. I'm even considering sending it off for a CLA (which will probably cost me more than the camera did!) because at present I'm stuck with 1/100 & 1/300 sec shutter speeds - the 1/50 sec is a little slow, and the ones below that all stick sometimes, so can't be trusted. It also feels kinda nice to be using a sixty year old camera and getting results I'm really happy with. :)

@FishyFish Folders are great aren't they ? 

As the Nettar is viewfinder only compared to your Ikonta's rangefinder I tend to use it as a point and shoot with the lens stopped down to get as bigger depth of field as possible.

I'll meter for the shadows initially, aim for f8-f16 and shoot at 1/100 or 1/200, pushing the film if necessary if shooting in low light. Then snap away.

If you find somewhere that's reasonably priced to CLA your Ikonta, let me know. Could do with similar for Nettar, the lenses in particular could do with a clean.

9 minutes ago, Ste_S said:

@FishyFish Folders are great aren't they ? 

As the Nettar is viewfinder only compared to your Ikonta's rangefinder I tend to use it as a point and shoot with the lens stopped down to get as bigger depth of field as possible.

I'll meter for the shadows initially, aim for f8-f16 and shoot at 1/100 or 1/200, pushing the film if necessary if shooting in low light. Then snap away.

If you find somewhere that's reasonably priced to CLA your Ikonta, let me know. Could do with similar for Nettar, the lenses in particular could do with a clean.

I've not emailed him for a quote yet, but I'll probably try Miles Whitehead (http://www.mwcamerarepairs.co.uk/)

2 hours ago, Ste_S said:

Thanks. I've dropped him an email to get a quote for a CLA of the Nettar and an estimate of turn around times. 

He CLA'd my OM-1 and converted the voltage so it meters correctly with modern batteries. It cost around £50 including return postage IIRC. He gets lots or recommendations on the TP forums.

2 hours ago, Ste_S said:

He's quoted £65 for CLA of the Nettar with a two week turnaround. Sounds pretty reasonable to me

Cheers. I'm gessing my Ikonta will be a similar price then (about £25 more than I paid for the camera, but it's such a nice piece of kit, it's probably worth it to get it working fully again). Let me know how you get on.

I have a black smear on my photos when using my bridge camera that can only really be viewed with shots of blue skies. It's been there for a few months, I've wiped my lens with a cleaner several times. I can't see anything noticeable. Previously, in the summer, I guess due to the heat my lcd screen developed this pink cross hatch that grew in the corner, and then over time ungrew before eventually disappearing. But i didn't care either way because it was the screen and not the lens and didn't affect photos. What might this be? What might have caused it ? I don't know anything about cameras. Something underneath the lens ?

rytrytrytuy.png.c0f2032c096e07c602340bac785166fc.png

rtyrtyrytry.png.87a252074c59bdeffaa6b05e57d6b12f.png