rllmuk
Sng

The Rllmuk Photography Thread

When the Humber Bridge first opened, they used to do helicopter rides over it so people could see it from the air. I'd be taking loads of photos if I did one of those flights now, but at the time (being fairly young and never having flown before) I spent most of my time being fascinated by my unopened bag of crisps inflating itself due to air pressure :)

Quick high up photo I took recently. Only a phone snap from one of the flats near the cheesegrater, but you can see quite a lot of Sheffield in it:

35995672213_43f4be5284_b.jpg

Sheffield Winter Garden and Crucible by James Sutherland, on Flickr

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JamesS said:

When the Humber Bridge first opened, they used to do helicopter rides over it so people could see it from the air. I'd be taking loads of photos if I did one of those flights now, but at the time (being fairly young and never having flown before) I spent most of my time being fascinated by my unopened bag of crisps inflating itself due to air pressure :)

Quick high up photo I took recently. Only a phone snap from one of the flats near the cheesegrater, but you can see quite a lot of Sheffield in it:

That's a nice shot. Do you live in (or know someone who lives in) the flats then?

I got to go onto the balcony of the cathedral a few weeks back, but it's not got quite the same elevation (despite it feeling a lot higher than it looks from the ground!) :)

3 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

That's a nice shot. Do you live in (or know someone who lives in) the flats then?

I got to go onto the balcony of the cathedral a few weeks back, but it's not got quite the same elevation (despite it feeling a lot higher than it looks from the ground!) :)

Yeah, a friend lives on the 30th floor or something but I'd not been up there before. The view is ridiculous - you can see out to Meadowhall and beyond. I tried to get a panorama, but you can't open the windows so got a lot of reflections on it (plus I was only there for a few minutes while he picked something up). If I ever go back I'm taking a proper camera.

I used to live in the white building with the clock tower to the right of the cathedral (as you face it). Fairly high up, but the view was mostly of HMV and McDonalds. I imagine the view from the cathedral is a bit nicer.

• Upvote 1

On 02/09/2017 at 06:34, Ste_S said:

They're reasonably discreet if you're worried above someone stealing your images ? 

I've seen some terrible watermarks in the past, mostly on horribly over processed images

I don't really think my images are good enough to steal, but it wouldn't hurt to add them :)

1 hour ago, JamesS said:

Yeah, a friend lives on the 30th floor or something but I'd not been up there before. The view is ridiculous - you can see out to Meadowhall and beyond. I tried to get a panorama, but you can't open the windows so got a lot of reflections on it (plus I was only there for a few minutes while he picked something up). If I ever go back I'm taking a proper camera.

I used to live in the white building with the clock tower to the right of the cathedral (as you face it). Fairly high up, but the view was mostly of HMV and McDonalds. I imagine the view from the cathedral is a bit nicer.

Its not actually much of a view from the cathedral to be honest. There are tall buildings on two sides, Church Street on the other, and the only side with a longish view looks down over Neepsend which is not particularly scenic. It was still nice to have the opportunity to go up there though.

Just back from a week in France and took the liberty of trying some night stuff for a change. Not really something I know anything about but pretty pleased with the results - go RX100...

36157414373_6c2e0ed018_c.jpg

36157419083_22442b64d3_c.jpg

36569679200_076dd9d056_c.jpg

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

Just back from a week in France and took the liberty of trying some night stuff for a change. Not really something I know anything about but pretty pleased with the results - go RX100...

36157414373_6c2e0ed018_c.jpg

36157419083_22442b64d3_c.jpg

36569679200_076dd9d056_c.jpg

Nice. I think I like the second one the best. Looks almost like an oil painting.

On 10/09/2017 at 16:39, jeebus said:

Greenwich Park this morning just as it opened. It was lovely having the park to myself!!  I'd gone to get a view of the hot air balloons launching from City Airport - complete washout as they headed East so only got a glimpse of them....

36966922912_19ebbbc113_b.jpgNot quite 99 Luftballons by Neal, on Flickr

I really like it even though the balloons are far away in the background - still works well I think, although it's obviously a very different photo than it would have been close up...

On another note, I got a photo published! Swiss version of the Red Bulletin Innovator - through work though, so nothing in it for me except the credit - but still nice :)

IMG_20170912_200644_427.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

Back from Hols in Catalunya with six rolls of 35mm film to get developed and countless digital images to go through in Lightroom. When the sun is out and there are clear skies, the colours are incredible. Will probably end up shooting B&W over the winter in the UK now :(

36349109774_f7225401e1_c.jpgStreet by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

36871652570_f96ff9eddc_c.jpgLifeguard by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

36871657090_8a16d20039_c.jpgUmbrella by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

37018909766_9847d6b2a2_c.jpgFestival of Our Lady of Mercy 2 by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

• Upvote 4

A bit from my backlog - did a photowalk with some friends a couple of weeks ago. Normally I can find it really hard to find inspiration when doing stuff like that, but I found that for some reason (thinking back, possibly the beautiful summer evening light) it went a lot easier than usual this time around...

LR-Web-5829.jpg

May not be the safest place to stand, but at least he's visible!

LR-Web-5838.jpg

Beautiful golden light on the train tracks

LR-Web-5862.jpg

Enjoying the evening at the Lindenhof

LR-Web-5894.jpg

Finishing up at the fast-food store...

LR-Web-5909.jpg

About as touristy as it gets ;)

• Upvote 3

R O T T E R D A M lol

tyttyyttttyty_by_a_r_v-dbof6zt.png

iijjiojiohihio_by_a_r_v-dbomapi.png

ughgghhgg_by_a_r_v-dbom9oj.png

dthfgjghjhgkhjkj_by_a_r_v-dbofo4a.png

gytytyyy_by_a_r_v-dbomaa8.png

fhfhfghgfhfhgfhgf_by_a_r_v-dboffbw.png

46eyrytrytr_by_a_r_v-dbom8y5.png

999988898998_by_a_r_v-dbomajm.png

vvbvbvbvvbbv_by_a_r_v-dbof7x0.png

ytutyuyuytuyuyutu_by_a_r_v-dbombhe.png

segdfhfdhgfhgfhgfhgfhghgh_by_a_r_v-dbofe

bvvghg_by_a_r_v-dbomb8q.png

4yutyuytuty_by_a_r_v-dbofcsr.png

fdhfghgfjghjhg_by_a_r_v-dbofd5h.png

fdgdgddddd_by_a_r_v-dbof7q2.png

5eututyuytuytuuy_by_a_r_v-dbof9ll.png

efdgdfgfdgfdgdf_by_a_r_v-dbof65i.png

tftytytuyuyuyu_by_a_r_v-dbof86s.png

hyyggyu_by_a_r_v-dbombu9.png

rrhggghghghghghghghgh_by_a_r_v-dbombyx.p

y88uo9090_by_a_r_v-dbofnkl.png

sefefefdgdgfgfgfgfgfgfg_by_a_r_v-dbomc5p

etertrytrytyt_by_a_r_v-dbof7d7.png

uhuihuhui_by_a_r_v-dbombo8.png

45ytutyuytuty_by_a_r_v-dbof7lp.png

etrytryutrutyutyuytuty_by_a_r_v-dbofgb2.

trututyutyutyu_by_a_r_v-dbof5oc.png

trututyutyiyuiyuiyui_by_a_r_v-dbomcgn.pn

5rytfutuytuytuty_by_a_r_v-dbomckt.png

hbgyuuggyu_by_a_r_v-dbomay4.png

899898989898_by_a_r_v-dbomcb2.png

graijnnnnn_by_a_r_v-dbomcqn.png

xcgfhfhgfhgfjghjghjg_by_a_r_v-dbomcuh.pn

I sent the photo of the car burning to my brother, he didn't know what it was. It's worrying behaviour. He asked how many photos I take a day. I said 10,000. He said just send normal shots of buildings. I said you can get them on google. I was just going to send photos of pigeons as the next step but now I'm going to have to reveal the complete depravity that is taking photos in cities where people go. 

• Upvote 6

Handful of recent shots 

The first two are actually different shots, the first has a slightly shorter exposure of around 210 seconds and the second around 220 ish... I think I prefer the first one as its more fine art'y..

Peveril Ledge Fine Art

Peveril Ledge Sunrise

Spent ages taking this in the dark wondering where the stench of rotting fish was coming from... turns out i was stood on it... bit of a route march to get to this one for sunrise... I was lying in bed doing the old "shall I get up or shall I stay in bed" routine... left it a bit late and had to run the 1.5miles to the beach at Hengistbury head in wellies... ended up with a massive fucking blister...

Hengistbury Head Sunrise

Corfe Castle... often shot but normally from right next to it.. thought I'd try something a little different... found this location in the summer and had been waiting for some autumnal mist to get it... used a telephoto lens to compress the landscape down and create the different layers.

Corfe Castle Misty View

Possibly the most photographed spot in the New Forest now.... I used to be the only person up here... now there's normally another 15 photographers... seems to have died down now the summer hols have finished...

Rockford Misty Sunrise

Skateboard comp in Poole... off to shoot another one on Sunday in Birmingham..

SCUK - Prevail Vert comp - Nick Rains

RAF Puma practising its confined landings on Salisbury Plain... was doing this for about  45 minutes..

Puma - Lindens

Two shots blended together... windmill is around a 7 minute exposure and the background 20 seconds... the sails took fucking ages to do...might just try and side light it with a torch  next time!

Wilton Windmill and the Milky Way

Off on my own to the lake district at the end of the month... keeping my fingers crossed for a nice windless few days as everytime i've been ive never been able to get a perfect reflection!

• Upvote 9

My laptop shit the bed a month or so back so I've been kinda inactive as a result. Still been taking pics though, there was a spectacular sunset over Wembley tonight which I was lucky enough to be in place for: 

LRM_EXPORT_20171007_183207.jpg

• Upvote 2

A couple Ive taken 

trying to get back into photography so bought a cheap camera last week so expect a few more 

maybe learn to post process a bit I've never bothered other than crop 

Sunset from garden

IMG_0098.JPG

Old bloke looking out to sea will most likely be Me me in a couple of years 

IMG_0096.JPG

Rainy  day rooftops taken through my window 

IMG_0125.JPG

• Upvote 6

On 08/10/2017 at 00:09, Naysonymous said:

My laptop shit the bed a month or so back so I've been kinda inactive as a result

For digital, I've pretty much stopped using my laptop. Import onto my iPhone using a SD card reader and use Snapseed to edit.

Was expecting to have to go back to the Laptop with some photos and edit with Lightroom, but haven't had to so far.

I have to drag out an ancient laptop with a CD Drive (my Macbook Air of course doesn't have one) every time I get a CD of film scans

18 hours ago, denisb said:

maybe learn to post process a bit I've never bothered other than crop

It's worth learning to do and something that's pretty much essential. Need not be difficult though, some processors are very easy to use. Snapseed (again) for instance is incredibly easy to use

Had quite a nice trip around Northern Wales last week.

5C5A4727-2-L.jpg

5C5A4781-L.jpg

5C5A4684-L.jpg

5C5A4624-L.jpg

5C5A4490-HDR-L.jpg

5C5A4506-HDR-L.jpg

Bonus shot from the weekend a few minutes from me. Sometimes sunsets are just too much, this image has not been tweaked to increase the red!

5C5A4905-L.jpg

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, Ste_S said:

For digital, I've pretty much stopped using my laptop. Import onto my iPhone using a SD card reader and use Snapseed to edit.

Was expecting to have to go back to the Laptop with some photos and edit with Lightroom, but haven't had to so far.

I have to drag out an ancient laptop with a CD Drive (my Macbook Air of course doesn't have one) every time I get a CD of film scans

It's worth learning to do and something that's pretty much essential. Need not be difficult though, some processors are very easy to use. Snapseed (again) for instance is incredibly easy to use

I don't edit anything on a laptop, the only computer I had was a Chromebook which was less capable than my phone for editing. I did use it for linking to pictures hosted on Instagram though as I had a neat little java thing going on.  I've found Lightroom to be preferable to Snapseed on might these last few months but as I've literally just ditched iOS for Android maybe I'll check out Snapseed again. 

The pic here is a sculpture called Final Days by a guy called Kaws. It's been in Regents Park all summer, this photo was from Friday or Saturday, just before they took it away. 

LRM_EXPORT_20171005_161040.jpg

• Upvote 1

I remember someone on here about a year ago, maybe more, who had a website where you could buy prints of their photographs (which were mainly landscapes, perhaps in Ireland) and they went by the name of something brothers photography. Anyone know who I'm talking about, so I can show their website to someone?