IGNORED

GRID : Autosport - NOT NEXTGEN(!)

Dimahoo

Yeah i have. Not sure theres much in it yet but i had my AA on 8x. On my boosted 670 it needs 4xAA else i'll stutter a bit with VSync (on Brands Hatch no less!).

Not got to Dubai - apparently thats not good at times. Will play later when i'm not faffing about.

any pc players popped the hi res texture pack on?

Yup. I'll post some pics later.

It's typically well optimised as I've come to expect from a codies racer. 1600p with everything maxed @60fps is easily managed by just one of my Titans.

Yup. I'll post some pics later.

It's typically well optimised as I've come to expect from a codies racer. 1600p with everything maxed @60fps is easily managed by just one of my Titans.

SFA_120421_0114-11.jpg

"Even in the PC Master race, Jealousy and the use of words like "lucky wanker" is abound

It races well and the handling is better then the other games. I've only done the tourers and mini's.

The tourers slide about whilst maintaining grip - even at extremes so thats dumbed down against GT and Forza and the car feels soft.

You tend to slide into corners rather then drive them (they can be driven but the peak slip is set fairly low so off the gas at speed and you'll lose grip and slide easily). But thats okay - it makes for exciting races.

The racing feel very much like battles. You'll get battered about a lot as the cars all hold the line and generally play a blocking game (on hard AI anyway).

The tend to brake hard on the line so you'll crash into them a fair bit and go inside on straights into sharp corners and they'll knock you wide. You can also be spun at some angles (going slow on the inside of a sharp corner as the AI is taking the proper line) so beware as it'll kill the race.

At speed its good but on technical circuits its a case of either going inside or trying to out accelerate them and you won't always do that as they generally move at speed out of most corners unless theres an issue ahead.

You can get them inside on fast corners as they tend to brake more here but good driving won't always get you a win which is a tad disappointing. But heyho, adapt and all that. It feels exciting anyway but it will frustrate.

Cutting corners hard is a no no - the game slows you down for this and thats shite (esp. on chicanes)

But it does a good job at not penalising you if you were struck off.

Its got Mont Trebant in it too which is pretty cool as its a classic circuit although its no Cherade.

I'm blowing the dust off the ol' PS3 for this if I can grab it on the way home later. While I've played a lot of great driving games, the TOCA series stands out as the best racing games I've played to date so anything that reminds me of them is a big plus.

I'm not sure if you can put a certain car on a certain track.

I can't choose a track in SP or online (theres no option) - it chooses it for you but i'm not sure if it just gives you any random circuit.

you can choose a track, but the method isn't obvious. you have to choose "event details" and then "change track".