The Expanse

JohnC

While it was a fairly low key episode in general Expanse terms and an slightly disappointing episode as far as the final 6 episodes go, I feel like I needed that. I may not have wanted it. But I needed it, so that now the next 5 episodes can say “here comes the juice” and leave nothing behind.

2 hours ago, MardiganX said:

I think what happens is less important than where it is and that being established / reminded before things get back to the more familiar settings and characters.

Well Ive decided to start over and watch the whole thing so a recap episode when we only have 6 would be a bit dissapointing. 

6 minutes ago, Padaxes said:

Well Ive decided to start over and watch the whole thing so a recap episode when we only have 6 would be a bit dissapointing. 

I think its also a slight nod to the stuff that they are either going to have to bring forward from the books or change given this is the final season. 

They’re doing six episodes instead of 13 so they can do the final trilogy of books in roughly 7 hours as three movies. Mark my words. This is why I’m really not worried about these finally six episodes needing to be some sort of ultimate crescendo.

On 15/12/2021 at 00:48, Chadruharazzeb said:

I saw the final season of Game of Thrones, so I am worried. That had six episodes, wasn't enough. 

They’ll announce some movies right after S6 finishes, mark my words. 

I've just started a rewatch and even having watched it through at least twice I still feel like I'm picking up new stuff.

This is an obvious one in hindsight but in episode 4 when Krisjen is on the roof with her son 

Spoiler

they're watching shooting stars and she says 'I worry about people who throw rocks.' and the son replies 'No one can throw rocks that big.'

I'd even forgotten that the initial setup was all about missing stealth tech.

This is the second best science fiction show ever made and hopefully it can stick the landing.

7 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

I've just started a rewatch and even having watched it through at least twice I still feel like I'm picking up new stuff.

This is an obvious one in hindsight but in episode 4 when Krisjen is on the roof with her son 

Hide contents

they're watching shooting stars and she says 'I worry about people who throw rocks.' and the son replies 'No one can throw rocks that big.'

I'd even forgotten that the initial setup was all about missing stealth tech.

This is the second best science fiction show ever made and hopefully it can stick the landing.

What is the best one?