rllmuk
JohnC

The Expanse - S4 out December 13

6 hours ago, Mogster said:

I thought Amazon we’re releasing the season in one go, although I may have imagined that. 

Wasn't sure but I've checked and they are :)

• Upvote 1

I've made zero progress reading the books. I have them all in paperback, but am stuck early on in book 2. Prax's segments are just a bit slow. Plus some really good non-fiction math/science derailed my effort. Hopefully make some progress in time for season 5!

Kickstarter has gone live for a high quality Roci model (and lots of other bits on lower tiers..) 

$199 is the lowest tier for the actual 21 inch ship replica.. 

• Upvote 1

It's not long now.. 

If you start watching an episode a day, you'll finish just in time for the new season! 

:D

I was gonna do that but just ended up marathoning the lot over the last couple weekends.

I tell you what though, I think I enjoyed it even more the second time round....easier to follow, you even spot a little foreshadowing, and in retrospect the rushed S3 ending didnt really feel rushed at all.

But now I have to wait a month.

Binging this while in hospital for a week or 2

Not a huge fan of the shift in storyline, setting and key characters in later half of season 3. Much preferred the multi sided political shenanigans  and gambits 

I too have started binging it again. I had expected to struggle through season 1 with it being such small-scale stuff compared to later episodes but it's still great, and watching it with hindsight actually makes it better. Powered through four episodes in a row the other night, hoping to do the same again over the next few days. You no sa-sa nothing, Jon Snow.

We know that Holden was XO, Alex is the pilot, Naomi is an engineer, Shed a doctor etc, but I'm still not entirely sure what Amos' role was on The Cant. He kind of reminds me of Meth Damon in Breaking Bad.

11 hours ago, Hexx said:

Not a huge fan of the shift in storyline, setting and key characters in later half of season 3. Much preferred the multi sided political shenanigans  and gambits

Yeah, I preferred the previous storylines to the "nobody moving in space not doing much" stuff in the second half of S3, but it was still hella entertaining.

8 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

We know that Holden was XO, Alex is the pilot, Naomi is an engineer, Shed a doctor etc, but I'm still not entirely sure what Amos' role was on The Cant. He kind of reminds me of Meth Damon in Breaking Bad.

He's their mechanic, anything physical Naomi decides needs fixing, he does the fixing. He hits, well, just about anything with a wrench until it does what they need it to.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Spacehost said:

He's their mechanic, anything physical Naomi decides needs fixing, he does the fixing. He hits, well, just about anything with a wrench until it does what they need it to.

Yeah, he is that guy. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Barnard said:

Yeah, he is that guy. 

Has there ever been a more ‘pause the episode to celebrate what just happened moment’ in a TV show?! :wub:

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Has there ever been a more ‘pause the episode to celebrate what just happened moment’ in a TV show?! :wub:

S3 finale spoiler

Spoiler

Diogo getting his comeuppance via lift was pretty great too..

(Especially as it looked for sure that we were about to lose Drummer!) 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, MDY said:

S3 finale spoiler

Hide contents

Diogo getting his comeuppance via lift was pretty great too..

(Especially as it looked for sure that we were about to lose Drummer!) 

Yeah I didnt see it coming (him neither), but now I just wonder what supporting character slot he will appear as next. He has more lives than a cat.   

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing the trailers for S4 are being coy and not showing much of what's coming up - being stuck on a rock with some asshat from Torchwood seems like a bit of a come-down after protomolecule monsters, space portals and interplanetary war.

I reckon it's going to be a slow burn, otherwise it just turns into a fruitless effort to continuously top what happened before. It's like season 3 was the end of a big storyline, and s4 will be the start of something new.