rllmuk
JohnC

The Expanse - S4 out December 13

My mate is on track to finish S3 this week with no gap between the finale and the S4 trailer. He's gonna have a wild time when he reads about the cancellation rollercoaster.

Where will season 4 be in terms of the books? It seems that long since I watched season 3, I can't remember.

edit: I've only read the first three books.

I think they're trying to fit one book per season in now.

Though that would still mean NINE SEASONS.

OF BLISS.

• Upvote 4

I don’t have Prime at the moment but have watched it all a couple times already and want to get a full rewatch before Season 4 lands so it’s only a matter of time.

Im half way through Tiamats Wrath and can comfortably say that should they manage to get the entire story onto the screen then it will be THE greatest thing that has ever been adapted for TV. Please Jeff... make it happen!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

Where will season 4 be in terms of the books? It seems that long since I watched season 3, I can't remember.

edit: I've only read the first three books.

It kicks off right after the end of book three. No idea how they're going to adapt books four, five and some of the novellas so there will be a few different sources coming into this.

They were spectacularly lucky getting cancelled where they were in the story. Season 4 should, with any luck, be a good entry point for curious viewers who aren't in the mood for three of the best seasons of sci-fi in years, the idiots.

• Upvote 2

Book four & five chat (sorry) 

Spoiler

I reckon they'll have to cover both books. I love book four but I can't imagine there's much appetite to completely drop the Earth/Mars/Belter storyline for an entire season.

Really looking forward to Giant Insect Miller

So despite loving the first 4 episodes of this I kind of stopped watching and then it was removed from Netflix. Sort of glad I did as it means I can watch it in 4K glory now. 

Somewhat randomly there’s a few episodes which don’t have subtitles. 

Man, it’s good though. 

On 20/06/2019 at 19:00, Meh said:

That's because it ends another book, apparently.

Just reached this point.

Amos is the man. Thats a character they could have got so wrong but he is brilliant

• Upvote 2

Just finished season 3, what a ride. Loved the way the season flipped halfway through and was glad to some characters back

Spoiler

Millar coming back was great and I really didn't see it coming.

It's rare that a show can have such a strong cast of characters and give them all enough to do but this manages it brilliantly. It's difficult to pick out a favourite character as they are all brilliant.

Now, a season 4 trailer ASAP please

• Upvote 3

So is it really December for the new season? I'm sort of glad. Gives me chance to catch up on the books, and probably rewatch the first three seasons as well.

On 18/07/2019 at 02:40, Spacehost said:

Amazon's head of marketing blabbed at SDCC that Season 4 will land in December.

Bugger.  However, that's plenty-o-time for my glacial book reading pace. 

I finished off Season 1 last night. So many great bits.

Spoiler

The bit where they find Julie was amazing. Was not expecting that.

The final episode was brilliant. Miller riling up the belters with his belter creole had me laughing out loud. Amos' "I'll just take this below." was brilliant as well. Sort of reminded me of Firefly where Nathan Filion walks on the ship and there's a tense hostage situation and he just shoots the guy instantly. Shocking but also almost funny.

Is it just me or is Holden a bit rubbish? Some of his "tough guy" lines are incredibly cringey, like "Thanks for the assist, now who the hell are you?" I'm not sure if that's because the actor is dealing with crap writing, the actor is a bit wooden or whether Holden it's actually just putting on a front and he's clearly a big softie. 

Season 2 binge starts today. (Although a binge for me is like 2 episodes a day).

• Upvote 1