JohnC

The Expanse - officially saved by Amazon

On 08/02/2019 at 13:22, Thor said:

He was at least reasonably decent in The Dark Knight Rises, but in that he was playing a smarmy twat. He was also good in what I believe was his breakout role in Layer Cake, where he plays the chaviest of chavvy twats. 

So I guess, if he's a twat in this, it'll all work out fine. 

For what it's worth, I think he's actually alright, and felt he saw how ridiculous his role in Pacific Rim was, and just ran with it, having a bit of fun. :)

Spoiler

No spoilers intended but in the books his character is a massive gaping arsehole of a man

Just rewatching before starting s3, so my third run through of s1, up to episode 8, it’s so great. 

Looking forward to revisiting 2.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, footle said:

Any 4k version in the U.K.?

Nope. Have to say though, it looks fine in normal HD on my 55" 4k Samsung on Amazon Prime.

32 minutes ago, Thor said:

Oh man! Episode 6 of S3 is just fucking amazing!!

I rewatched that again today too..

It's essentially the end of the second novel, so it's.. eventful.. :D

"I am that guy"

• Upvote 3

No, I meant it as a quote.. those of us who've seen it will remember which ep it is now.. :D

Anyone else..  don't think one line completely out of context is a spoiler, especially as it doesn't refer to anything/anyone specifically.. 

I'm sticking with it, but this feels like a big step-change. And little miss daddy issues has appeared from nowhere - the flashback scenes are terrible. Also, the effects ... eeehhhhhh ...

Second half of season 3 is the best of the lot by the end of it. Amazing escalations.

Naomi is code switching (she's a belter after all). 

Just polished off the last two episodes. That final episode was great. This really has now gone full Mass Effect.

It's got me wanting the next season, like, yester-fucking-day. So I guess it's definitely a good thing. 

• Upvote 1

S1ep9 is so great. I love it, it’s brill in the books and just as good on screen. Best bit of it all for me. 

I've got up to episode 4 of the first season and it's not grabbed me yet. I think mainly because I don't think much of the characterisation/not invested in any of the characters at all. The plot is very good and the central mystery intriguing, though. 

So, on balance, worth me carrying on or not, d'ya reckon? 

2 hours ago, Treble said:

So, on balance, worth me carrying on or not, d'ya reckon? 

Definitely. Most of the first series had me liking it, but not seeing what all the fuss was about. Then it kicks off big time.

• Upvote 1

Series one I started a few times, like the first book. Then at some point about two years later I burned through season one and two, and books 1 to 7, in the course of a month.

having not watched season 3, I’ve a reasonable idea where it might end. What I’m less sure of is whether they’ll get to the best cliffhanger by the end of season 4.