rllmuk
JohnC

The Expanse - Come for space, stay for Amos

21 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I think I've realised that Shohreh Aghdashloo's acting reminds me of Bela Lugosi. I am not sure why. 

Acting aside, I see she's still getting all the pimpest outfits from the costuming department.

On 19/11/2019 at 00:59, jonamok said:

Oh man, that last line from Amos. :wub:

He really is that guy.

Just got to that bit in my latest watch through, still amazing. 

• Upvote 2

On 18/11/2019 at 21:51, Chadruharazzeb said:

I think I've realised that Shohreh Aghdashloo's acting reminds me of Bela Lugosi. I am not sure why. 

Strong accent and slow measured delivery. I can see it. 

5 stars Den of Geek
"With its brilliantly crafted, multilayered plot, The Expanse season 4 proves itself worthy of Amazon’s rescue in a nearly perfect season."

The AV Club, A-

“Minor misgivings aside, it’s a relief to have a new season of The Expanse to get lost in. The show is still one of the best science fiction series out there“

Slashfilm

"The Sci-fi Series is Better Than Ever in Its New Home at Amazon"

TV Guide

"Thank God Amazon saved this show... an unrivaled achievement in modern hard sci-fi"

i09
"Season four is finally here, and it’s indeed a leap forward for the outstanding sci-fi show on multiple levels."

The Verge
"the new season of The Expanse feels like the beginning of a grand second act"

Gamespot 9/10
"The Expanse Season 4 continues the series' upward trajectory toward the highest orbit of sci-fi television."

Vulture
"The Expanse is now primed for exactly the sort of delayed catch-on we’ve previously seen with series like Game of Thrones or even Breaking Bad"

Inverse
"If you’ve been on the fence about jumping on the Expanse bandwagon, do it. You’re not going to stop hearing about this show anytime soon."

CBR

“The Expanse Doesn't Miss A Step With Thrilling Season 4 Return“

The Spool

“With season 4, The Expanse feels at once like the same show fans have grown to love and an entirely new beast, with new handlers, different worlds, and a renewed sense of purpose.”

Fucking watch it you ninnies

• Upvote 9

I'm watching season one.  It's slowly sinking in.  I think it's in the too many characters stage, too much moving phase.

I described it (like a moron) to a friend as Battleatar with more politics and Bladerunner shit in.

That’s about right at that stage. The plot moves slowly because there are so many characters and so much world building up front, but it’s worth it when they hit the accelerator. 

Those reviews. :wub:

Can't wait. I've rewatched the first two seasons and am now on the third.
I hope that one day, we'll get the spin-off adventures of 

Spoiler

Amos and Plant Guy

On 04/12/2019 at 20:48, Moz said:

5 stars Den of Geek
"With its brilliantly crafted, multilayered plot, The Expanse season 4 proves itself worthy of Amazon’s rescue in a nearly perfect season."

Slashfilm

"The Sci-fi Series is Better Than Ever in Its New Home at Amazon"

TV Guide

"Thank God Amazon saved this show... an unrivaled achievement in modern hard sci-fi"

i09
"Season four is finally here, and it’s indeed a leap forward for the outstanding sci-fi show on multiple levels."

The Verge
"the new season of The Expanse feels like the beginning of a grand second act"

Gamespot 9/10
"The Expanse Season 4 continues the series' upward trajectory toward the highest orbit of sci-fi television."

Vulture
"The Expanse is now primed for exactly the sort of delayed catch-on we’ve previously seen with series like Game of Thrones or even Breaking Bad"

Inverse
"If you’ve been on the fence about jumping on the Expanse bandwagon, do it. You’re not going to stop hearing about this show anytime soon."

Fucking watch it you ninnies

I know some people think the book this is based on was a misstep in the series, so these are reassuring.  

The book is cool.

The polygon review for this is absolute garbage, claiming S4 is too slow precisely because season 1 isn’t (what?!) and that the slow is glossy yet this season isn’t glossy enough because of the hard science. And that it’s a “page by page” adaptation of the book, even though Drummer doesn’t exist in the book and I spotted loads of changes just from the trailer alone. Oh and it spoils some random stuff for good measure. Not worthy of a link. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if this season is released in one hit?

I want to get a free Prime trial to watch it, so don't want it running out before it's all released.

Just now, Cool Ben said:

Does anyone know if this season is released in one hit?

I want to get a free Prime trial to watch it, so don't want it running out before it's all released.

Yeah they've confirmed it's all in one go.

Thanks @PK

Looking forward to it, apart from The Mandalorian there doesn't seem to be any good scifi shows around currently.

I bet Kevin Smith is doing the recap to help promote his new film.

16 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

I bet Kevin Smith is doing the recap to help promote his new film.

I think its because he does a show on IMDB site (plus hosting at events for them) who are owned by Amazon.

Sure it does help to promote his new film too :)

Just had look at some info for him and yep, he sure does like working with them

MV5BMjQ0NzI0ODM2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc3

FYI I've been updating my older post with new reviews as they come in. Currently on 100% on RT (only 10 reviews, but hey). 

The prime home page has the expanse season 4 listed but it’s only the trailer and that bloody recap. I was so so excited for a second! 

4 minutes ago, Laine said:

The prime home page has the expanse season 4 listed but it’s only the trailer and that bloody recap. I was so so excited for a second! 

It's supposed to already be up and working on the Japanese version of Prime. This Reddit thread has people showing screenshots of their episode listings on the site showing it, plus  discussing how they are using VPN and creating Japanese account son Prime to watch it.

Think i'll just wait myself :)

12 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

It’s up now. Just caught episode 1. Still as good. 

I had planned to stay up for the election results but I'll be watching this instead :omg: