rllmuk
JohnC

The Expanse - Come for space, stay for Amos

Probably summer or later. Amazon are probably not going to be quiet about it when a release date is sorted out.

Just watched all of season 3 in two days.  Really enjoyed it but if Isaac Clarke and Shepard wandered onto the set i wouldn't be at all surprised.

On 05/04/2019 at 14:00, Thor said:

THERE

Please never do that again. Also, of course there are fucking books. People just need to be careful about spoilers.

Please be careful about spoilers everyone. I don't like having any hints, at all, and it's easy to use the tag. Or, use the book thread.

What on Earth is up with this forum?

• Upvote 3

Epic marathon binge watch of S1-3 finished. Not only did the missus enjoy the lot, she's turned around and started to watch it again from the beginning. To see what she had originally missed...

They're the fans who paid for photos with the cast. Really nice of the cast to do different things in every shot so every photo is unique. There's loads of them.

• Upvote 1

I've had the week off since Easter with grand plans to do chores and get some solid game time in. On Monday night I thought I would give the Expanse another go after having given up after a couple of episodes several months ago. I started again and after about 3 episodes it clicked and I've then spent the rest of the week on a binge having achieved none of my pre-holiday goals. I thought it would struggle after what was tied up in season 2 but not at all. So now the long wait for S4 begins.

• Upvote 8
  • Empathy 1

Isn't it about damn time we had a trailer for the new season on Amazon....

On 22/12/2015 at 16:22, hauk said:

Just watched episode 3, things are starting to get interesting.

I hope so. I started this last night, and so far find it a little bit dull. Nobody seems to show much emotion, and the Police guy is a terrible mumbler (might be my hearing though).

I love SciFi, the wife think's it's ok, should we stick with it?

EDIT: Have just read half of this thread, seems I am not alone in my thoughts, but will stick with it. Well done rllmuk, I wouldn't have done it without you lot.

Seriously, STICK WITH IT. I was having a bit of trouble hearing people in the first few episodes - not entirely sure why - but that seems to sort itself out. It's SO FUCKING GOOOOOOOD.

It's like some wonderful cross between Firefly and BSG, with ships ripped straight from the game Space Engineers.

• Upvote 3

On 28/04/2019 at 12:15, Meh said:

Seriously, STICK WITH IT. I was having a bit of trouble hearing people in the first few episodes - not entirely sure why - but that seems to sort itself out. It's SO FUCKING GOOOOOOOD.

It's like some wonderful cross between Firefly and BSG, with ships ripped straight from the game Space Engineers.

I tried, did 4 episodes but just can't seem to gel with it. I'm not sure exactly why, but I don't find it that exciting. I suggested to my wife we watch another one last night and she said "I'm not watching that shit", then watched some tv show where that annoying fuck Steven Mulsomething puts a glass of water on a Joe public person's head, sounds a Klaxxon and if they don't flinch they win a grand. 

I told her I could see her brain dribbling out of her ear, which was met with the look.

3 hours ago, Pavey said:

I'm not sure exactly why, but I don't find it that exciting.

That's because it isn't particularly exciting at that stage and why people are continually recommending that you stick with it.

The one mistake this show makes is that opening half dozen episodes of revving up. If you’re not the sort of person who loves SF scene-setting there aren’t any clear relatable stakes for quite a while.

11 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Continually once?

It's been said several time throughout the thread that it improves. It really does, you know.

I have a Pur & Klene tee and a Ceres subway map tee.

@Pavey And I also found the first half-dozen episodes slow and disjointed the first time through. Now it’s my favourite show ever. You know what to do.

• Upvote 1

So, like, you know how this is something like nine books long? Does this mean we'll probably not see them all put to the screen?

There's a huge amount of flab in the books that they can (and has been so far) happily cut out. One of the writers is GRRM's manservant and he obviously taught him the fine art of wheelspinning your series to keep collecting paycheques for longer. Not to mention a whole bunch of unnecessary complete bores of characters they also seem to be ignoring, Drummer in the show is about 5 characters rolled into one at this point I think.

Huh, interesting. So it's keeping the same plotline, but ripping out all the shit that doesn't work?