The Expanse - 2 Seasons Left

Cas is in S5, it was already filmed before the news broke. It’s incredibly awkward, lord knows how they navigate from here. I’m sure they’ll figure it out. I hope he gets a fair hearing and his numerous victims get some justice. 

1 hour ago, AlexM said:

Read the books! It is excellent, one of the few series I’ve actually watched multiple times. 

Halfway through book 3, think I've bought through 7. I need to read faster! 

3 minutes ago, Moz said:

Cas is in S5, it was already filmed before the news broke. It’s incredibly awkward, lord knows how they navigate from here. I’m sure they’ll figure it out. I hope he gets a fair hearing and his numerous victims get some justice. 

Just looked that up, first time I've heard of it. That's really disappointing. 

Yeah, a real bummer. But I’d much rather know the truth. A small number of the reported incidents sounded more like smoke than fire, but the vast majority of it sounds really grim and my heart goes out to the women involved. 

On 09/10/2020 at 00:21, PK said:

TREMENDOUS BOOK SPOILER

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.af1563a8288392554b9953a771b842c9.png

:omg:

To be fair (book spoiler, I suppose)

Spoiler

A televising of Book 5 is a good way to see out 2020.

11 hours ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Given the writers previous form for adapting / swapping / merging characters from the books, I reckon they could do a decent workaround as the opportunity arises.

The bad guys put Alex in the Face Off machine.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, JohnC said:

You can still binge it on Amazon.

They're releasing 3 episodes on Prime on the 15th December, then one a week until 3rd February.

Just now, PK said:

They're releasing 3 episodes on the 15th December, then one a week until 3rd February.

This is season 4, which came out last year on Amazon.

On 06/11/2020 at 17:44, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Tom Jane has the worst haircut I’ve ever seen in this. Omfg

I'm sorry, I think your autocorrect is accidentally replacing "GOAT" with "worst".

Nice to see this is already confirmed for a sixth (and final) season:

Just seen this from Deadline

'Amazon Studios has set an end date for The Expanse. The popular sci-fi drama has received an early renewal for Season 6, which will be its last. Not returning for the final season is original cast member Cas Anvar, who faced a slew of sexual misconduct allegations during the summer. The rest of the cast, led by Steven Strait, and longtime Expanse showrunner Naren Shankar will be back.'

• JohnC changed the title to The Expanse - 2 Seasons Left
1 hour ago, Mogster said:

Final season? That's a lot of books to cover in a couple of seasons. :unsure:

Spoiler

Book 7 jumps forward 30 years. Probably too expensive for the make-up/CGI...I suppose they could re-cast. But Book 6 is a decent place to end. Mainly because that's as far as I've read lol

There are no books! :quote:

27 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Wait what happened with Cas Anvar?

https://deadline.com/2020/06/the-expanse-star-cas-anvar-investigation-sexual-misconduct-allegations-1202971689/

32 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Hide contents

Book 7 jumps forward 30 years. Probably too expensive for the make-up/CGI...I suppose they could re-cast. But Book 6 is a decent place to end. Mainly because that's as far as I've read lol

There are no books! :quote:

Shame, I was kinda looking forward to seeing how they would do this bit.

6 hours ago, Mogster said:

Final season? That's a lot of books to cover in a couple of seasons. :unsure:

Judging from a sneak peak io9 has up, they’re starting to frontload some late-books ideas already, so I could see them tying up both the books and the show with the same general ideas (albeit, maybe not some of the final book trilogy stuff).