IGNORED

Your retro youtube videos

Swainy

The Master System had many Great games, such as "Great Soccer", "Great Golf", "Great Golf" and "Great Soccer".  Sadly those really are 4 different games, Yesterzine explains...

• 2 weeks later...

Took a look at some of the lesser known football games during the Euros, never a fan of the Actua Soccer games so it's UEFA spin off didn't interest me that much still PAL exclusive on Saturn for fairly clear reasons. Also have the rather awesome Hat Trick Hero 2 on Super Famicom, never got released outside of Japan, which is a bit of a shame.

6 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Reminds me of when I captured the FFVII ending for @CurryKitten and his game endings archive - it was pretty compressed when I sent it to him; it’s probably in need of a “remaster” :lol: 

Yes, we compressed the hell out of things - but the site went up before YouTube existed so the idea was that the files would be small enough for people on dial up to grab them.  It still exist - bask in it's 240p glory!

Sonic on 8-bit is a very different game to Sonic on 16-bit, but how different are the 2 8-bit releases to each other. I've always assumed the Game Gear one was the Master System one but worse... the truth may be more interesting...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to trying the Dreamcast Half-Life port this week it's not bad, looks great, but the increase graphics come at the cost of a rather up and down frame rate and having lots of mid level loading sections. Which hugely slow down the pace of the game, it also has a major save issue with the save file rapidly growing and I suspect it quickly out grows the whole VMU as by level 3 it was over 100 blocks! Nice for a history point, but best to stick with the PC version I feel.

Playthrough / longplay wise finally got around to doing a run as the Japanese version only hidden character Mankichi Kazami from DecAthlete / Athlete Kings. He was actually a guest character from a Japanese Manga Decathlon written by Yoshihiro Yamada. Which explains why he was removed from the other versions.

Finally, I'll be live streaming Intrepid Izzy tomorrow, already done a standard video, so will be commentating on the Dreamcast version this time around. I'm also giving the thumbnails for the channel a bit of an update.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got back to giving the the old SEGA Dreamcast some love on the channel, just put up a new longplay of Power Stone 2, which still remains one of my most favourite games on the system!

Currently streaming DC games as well, tonight's is the Japanese version of Iron Aces, here's the stream of Daytona 2001, still not a huge fan of this version I must admit, but it does still look great.

Sega's Yakuza games have always has functioning arcade machines in but this week's release of Lost Judgement marks a first, a functioning console.  And it's a Master System. 8 games are included and 2 of them shouldn't work on a PS5 at all.  What have they done there, which of the 8 games on it are worth your time and what might their choices of games, and indeed console mean for future products from Sega?

• 2 weeks later...

Put up a playthrough of the excellent Rush Rush Rally Reloaded on SEGA Dreamcast and it a game I highly recommend if you enjoy old school top down racing games, certainly worth picking up, if you like the genre and now that the WiiWare version is no longer available to buy.

Been doing lots of streams as well, such as this one on on the rarely discussed Vanishing Point on Dreamcast which is a solid racer. Interestingly it reminded me a lot of Burnout and I saw one of the key guys who did Burnout worked on this.

If anyone wants to drop by Randomised Gaming tonight I'll be stream SEGA Bass Fishing!

I absolutely adored Vanishing Point. Super addictive, Rock solid visuals and frame rate, lots to unlock, the stunt mode but most of all the super responsive controls.  

Few things better in gaming than driving the Lotus Elise in that game, absolutely on the edge of losing control of the car but fishtailing between two other vehicles while sliding round a corner. So good!

On 28/09/2021 at 00:22, Grey Fox said:

I absolutely adored Vanishing Point. Super addictive, Rock solid visuals and frame rate, lots to unlock, the stunt mode but most of all the super responsive controls.  

Few things better in gaming than driving the Lotus Elise in that game, absolutely on the edge of losing control of the car but fishtailing between two other vehicles while sliding round a corner. So good!

I agree it's superb on Dreamcast, the A.I. cars can be tricky to read at time, but it's great when you see them crash out. Sadly I doubt it will ever see a re-release as both developer and publisher long since closed. The rights are likely in limbo right now.

Got another short playthrough video up this time from the arcade mode of SEGA Bass Fishing on Dreamcast, great fun with the fishing rod, but the arcade mode is rather random which fish you are going to catch, the sequel was even tougher, but that didn't get a PAL release until the PlayStation 2.

Covered it a few yeah back, but what a lot of people might not know is that two of the unlockable lures got removed from the western version, rather than just reskinned. They were based on the console mascot guys, but got pulled totally rather than altered. The Segata Sanshiro could easily have been adjusted

Lots of streams as always here's the one from Bomberman Online on Dreamcast from last week solid game even if it is very short compared to others in the series and it's a real shame this only saw a NTSC/U release:

Quick round up of this weeks videos from the channel had streams on Dreamcast titles, Super Magnetic Neo, Shadow Man and Golf Shiyouyo 2 (Japanese only sequel to Tee Off). This week I'll be streaming games that don't support VGA as our VGA box broke over the weekend, but we have a replacement on the way. Here's the Neo stream and it's a really solid platformer on the system if not that big!

Not totally retro, but it's a new release of a retro game, which also includes the original arcade version, but had a chance to look at the new PlayStation 4 version of G-Darius from M2. It's good stuff.

More Dreamcast loving on the channel at present did a stream of King of Fighters 1999 Dream Match (Oddly renamed 1998) last week, which was fun was getting in the practice, but got Rugal down right at the end of the video.

Finally we have done our longest playthrough video to date, showing all the missions in Dynamite Cop the online comic, dlc characters and unlocked all the fantastic concept artwork from concept and comic book artist Tony DeZuniga. It's far tougher than the original game and I hate the Kraken fight as it's about limiting the damage you take during it.

• 2 weeks later...

So if anyone is interested, I've moved streaming to Twitch for a couple of weeks to see how it goes on there, I set up account a few years back and never used it other than some test streams. Partly as YouTube doesn't seem to handles streams correctly and I've noticed some strange stat tracking as a result. You can find us here: https://www.twitch.tv/randomised_gaming/    (will admit the streaming setup on Twitch is already far nicer to use than YouTube, got two videos up on Twitch already.)

Mean while on YouTube, I've done a review of the new PlayStation 4 release of Gleylancer which is rather nice, includes the original Mega Drive version and a slightly updated mode with new controls and English text, rewind and both modes have save states. Again this was another one I got contacted about by a PR agent to look at, so I jumped at the chance. This version is around £5-6 on all modern systems, which is a bargain compared to the original game now at £200+, never played it before, but the original version is out of by budget range these days. :(

Also did a matching playthrough video on normal, great game hard and the unlockable manic mode do make the game tougher.

So with it being Halloween this weekend, I went with Zombie Revenge on SEGA Dreamcast for the weekend gameplay video!

Also I saw that Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol finally released on PS4 this weekend, emulated collection is far from perfect, but it's still a classic and here's our video of the SNES version from 2019.