Your retro youtube videos

Hope everyone here had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year, taken the past few weeks off myself!

But seeing as we came back to news that a Street Fighter Alpha 2 SNES modder had discovered how to play as Shin Akuma in the SNES version via a unreleased cheat code. Couldn't help, but give the code a try and try it out!

If you haven't seen the story here is more detail on it: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/dec/30/shin-akuma-unlock-discovery/

If you have a copy of this on SNES or SFC might be time to dust it off for a quick go.

We ended last year on a SEGA RALLY 2006 arcade video and if you have a PS2 I highly recommend trying it out, not least because the first print run came with a bonus disc that had the original SEGA Rally arcade on it emulated by M2!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried something a little different with these, and they are all less than a minute.

there's also breath of the wild, genshin impact and street fighter V. but they aren't retro so i wont post them all here.

Well you make a good case for it @ianinthefuture not sure I would quite pick 1996 myself, but it is certainly up there in the top 5.

A rather long video today as I take a look at the Turrican Flashback collection which released this week and is one of two Turrican collections releasing this year!? First half is an overview of the collection second half is a none commentated look at the games with the awesome music, overall I feel the collection is lacking for the price and missing key titles, still nice to see it get a re-release and fans should certainly pick it up. Emulation is very good, but the Amiga games are forced into 60Hz,originally they were 50Hz which does effect the smoothness of scrolling as it adds in static frames, but unless you are directly looking for it not something most gamers would spot.

I finally got round to playing metal slug, and was reasonably happy with my effort.

and then I thought I’d try some random old thing too, which was porky... not the greatest game I’ve ever seen!

Been working on on some other new ideas for the next few weeks to try an keep it fresh as well. Was worried I wouldn’t be able to keep this schedule at first, but it’s over a year now.

The original model iPad is 11 years old, so I dusted mine off and gave it a run. Relevant here as there’s lots of early iPad games which are effectively MIA since the 32 to 64 bit swap... including THPS2, which still (surprisingly!) works, as I show here.

Big video tonight I have a full playthrough of Bare Knuckles III as Axel (Streets of Rage 3 to us in the west). First 15 minutes I explain some of the many changes that occurred between the two version. Japanese version really is the only way to play this game, due to all the changed altered removed, missing content.

What Master System games will cost you the most to add to your collection?  Here, using the assistance of @super_quincy and the CEX sale prices are the 5 Master System games that are the most expensive in the UK. Can any of them possibly be worth the money?

17 hours ago, Dudley said:

What Master System games will cost you the most to add to your collection?  Here, using the assistance of @super_quincy and the CEX sale prices are the 5 Master System games that are the most expensive in the UK. Can any of them possibly be worth the money?

Enjoyed this video for a couple of reasons

1) It’s always nice to see the Master System getting some love

2) Nostalgia but not what you think - I used to work in the Teddington branch of Mad Andy’s - great times!

Was a really good guy and great to work for. I remember he used to let the guys from the pizza place borrow the odd game in return for free pizza. He once paid me to watch the England  World Cup Match (which I wanted to watch anyway) while eating said free pizza. One of the more enjoyable days of work to be fair. 

The shops were pretty successful for a while too. I worked for him for a couple of years. Still have one of the branded carrier bags (would upload a pic of I could work out how) 

I remember he absolutely loved Red Alert on PS1 via Link Up

You own a lot of games.  You own a lot of games twice.  But you always have a good reason and if you can't think of one quick enough here's 7 reasons you've bought the same game twice... or more.

some more different things from me.

First up a little challenge.

Can you hold your breath longer than lara croft?

And last week, a kinda valentines episode.

It wasnt really supposed to be, but i realised the date and made it pretty quick to tie in slightly

Taking a gameplay look at a couple of PlayStation games the last week.

First off a look at the somewhat underrated Warhawk on PS1, short but fun game could have done with a sequel on PS1 to expanse the series. That never happen and the PS3 title of the same name was a very different game:

I'll be live streaming again on Monday the 1st of March at 9:30pm and will be looking at Landstalker on Mega Drive. It's a classic, but I've never played that far into it. Drop by for a chat if you want, as I know the lockdown blues does get to a lot of people. Originally was going to be called Shining Rogue and part of the Shining series, Soliel also had the same working title as well.