rllmuk
Swainy

Your retro youtube videos

This making YouTube movies isn't as easy as it looks, I mean technically it's at a base level fraps/emulator/moviemaker ( I'm really lazy) but beyond that it's hard to do something that stands out. Let's plays and talking over gameplay has been done, review wise it's hard not to be influenced by channels you already watched, coming off like a second hand Ashens or Mentski via Gamesack...

Editing videos is very time comsuming, creating a video is harder than it first seems. Even more so if you take the time to add in a thumbnail and add voice commentary. Commentary takes ages, as I tend to edit it to remove my breathing sound effects as well. :P

Live commentary is quicker but doesn't sound as good if you read out and prepare something to read but that then add on an extra day for each video if your writing out what you are going to say.

Oh and we all hate the sound of our own voice played back to ourselves, it's because when we speak naturally the version of our voice we hear includes the vibrations from our voice box into our skull, which no else can hear.

Here's the latest retro video I've done with me talking over it, got a new mic but still getting used to it still sounds much better, than the old one we were using.

Here's some game only action in the form of Mario Kart 64, captured straight from the N64 no emulators here:

• Upvote 1

Filmed at Play Manchester 2014, Paul Drury from Retro Gamer magazine hosted a live debate asking 4 industry veterans (John Gibson, Ste Pickford, Andy Walker & Jeff Minter) what was better... The C64 or the ZX Spectrum.

Time for some 60fps love on youtube, finally the tag team partners show up correctly in the match.

Supposed to be 720p and 1080p only on Chromo, but it's seems to partly work on firefox just with a slight framerate drop.

Some retro action but on a modern console video of the Capcom of Japan port of the two D&D arcade games for PS3. It's packed full of extras and includes lots of new content not seen in the awful western port.