Jump to content
rllmuk
Swainy

Your retro youtube videos

Recommended Posts

This is as good a thread as any for this.

 

The latest Humble Bundle includes the Vegas Pro video editor.  This is what I, Kim Justice and jsut about everyone else uses and is normally about £20 this cost (The version in the Bundle is a year old).

 

If you're doing any video production at all, even slightly, it's worth your £20.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ianinthefuture said:

 

 

This is bloody superb and you're about the only person I've ever heard who isn't me reference Moto Toon Grand Prix. (Episode 6 of yesterzine). The sad thing is I was looking at the Stunt Race FX footage and thinking "That's a better frame rate than I remember".

 

I'm going to have to go through these, I'd heard of surprisingly few.

 

Also your muttering about the comments has me giggling for no good reason whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dudley said:

 

This is bloody superb and you're about the only person I've ever heard who isn't me reference Moto Toon Grand Prix. (Episode 6 of yesterzine). The sad thing is I was looking at the Stunt Race FX footage and thinking "That's a better frame rate than I remember".

 

I'm going to have to go through these, I'd heard of surprisingly few.

 

Also your muttering about the comments has me giggling for no good reason whatsoever.

 

I think it's one of those where if you didn't play it back in the day (and have no vested interest in Gran Turismo), you'll just ignore it as a me-too Mario Kart rip-off. Which is a shame, as it's great. And the 'professional' mode on it, or whatever it was called, acts as a brilliant GT prototype of sorts.

 

Anyway, appreciate the kind words. The comments muttering comes about because, while I do still laugh at them, it's hard to keep smiling after your 400th "IT'S PRONOUNCED ESS EN EE ESS".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianinthefuture said:

 

I think it's one of those where if you didn't play it back in the day (and have no vested interest in Gran Turismo), you'll just ignore it as a me-too Mario Kart rip-off. Which is a shame, as it's great. And the 'professional' mode on it, or whatever it was called, acts as a brilliant GT prototype of sorts.

 

Yeah, those 2 sentences are basically the gist of about 8 minutes of episode 6 :D

 

Well that and I kept the bit where I do a through the keyhole style slow reveal of what game it spawned most because I got an audible gasp from my test audience at the reveal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a series called RetroGrade where I do brief reviews of old games across various formats, sometimes not every format going (I am not very familiar with the Spectrum so I tend to avoid it).  My latest episode was about the arcade game, Phoenix:

 

 

Other episodes which I thought came out quite well are Time Pilot and Star Force:

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever considered it might be a regular sized arcade but you're standing too far away from it?

 

Also that's really adorable.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dudley said:

Have you ever considered it might be a regular sized arcade but you're standing too far away from it?

 

Also that's really adorable.

I wish that they were full size, I’d be able to open my own arcade now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point it might be more cost effective to invent an Innerspace style shrink ray to make yourself equally mini.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After of looks at some PlayStation games this week, first off we have the now delisted Gunhound EX for PSP and PC, the PSP retail version is the only way to own it now, if you didn't buy it on Steam:

 

 

Next up one of the lesser known Psygnosis PS1 games Overboard! or Shipwecked! to our North American friends:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a playthrough of the standard course on Cyber Speedway / Gran Chaser, a slightly odd racer on Saturn, that I think if they had spent more time polishing it, it could have been a solid racer.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.