Your retro youtube videos

On 16/06/2018 at 20:03, Oracle said:

Thats not not quite fair, SEGA decided to ship the game with beta textures.  

See my reply to Ketchup he raised the same point.

Going for some obscure Saturn title this week with FMV adventure crossed with shooter, Super Rockman Adventure, one of the better FMV games made, but hated by Keiji Inafune:

And Black/Matrix a little known tactical RPG series the got releases on the Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2 & GBA, this is the Saturn original which got previewed in Sega Saturn Magazine here in the UK way back in 1998. it's a bit slow to get going, but is a solid title from the developer Flight.Plan with some dark themes in-game.

11 hours ago, Riven said:

See my reply to Ketchup he raised the same point.

Going for some obscure Saturn title this week with FMV adventure crossed with shooter, Super Rockman Adventure, one of the better FMV games made, but hated by Keiji Inafune:

And Black/Matrix a little known tactical RPG series the got releases on the Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2 & GBA, this is the Saturn original which got previewed in Sega Saturn Magazine here in the UK way back in 1998. it's a bit slow to get going, but is a solid title from the developer Flight.Plan with some dark themes in-game.

Thats a shame if true. I liked their port of 2097 - it didn’t feel like it missed out much. 

Had a quick look at Unreal Tournament this week, bit of a pain to get it to capture at first, some option changes and then it all ran smoothly. Runs nicely even on modern PC's, Epic don't make them like this any more.

Quite surprising to see a port of the 1988 Amiga, C64 Bombuzal was released on the SFC in 1990 as one of the first games on the system. Soundtrack even makes great use of the voice sample which is rather cool on SNES. No PAL release ironically on SNES.

On 14/07/2018 at 00:51, nakamura said:

What is Rushing Beat Shrubna?

I never picked it up but it looks ok for the cash. Does it work directly in an NTSC machine? Some good info in the video overall.

Rushing Beat Shura is the third and final of the Rush Beat series, known as The Peace Keeper in North America. Rival Turf was Rushing Beat and Brawl Brother is Rushing Beat Ran. If you buy the PAL cartridge, which is the one we showed in the video, then three of the four games run on an NTSC machine, Tuff E NUff doesn't run on an NTSC machine, but the three rushing Beat games do. The NTSC version of the cartridge comes with Peace Keepers, which was heavily altered for the west release. It's a nice set, but I don't like the fit of the cartridge into a SNES, as I discuss in the video, but for £25, it's a lot cheaper than the originals.

So with it being a 2007 PS3 title, Dark Mist might not be quite retro just yet, but it's a great Gauntlet clone worth playing, this is Japanese version with the DLC, Sony didn't release in Europe:

Bring some 4K love for Cyber Troopers Virtual-On from 1995, this is the arcade PSN version release on PS3 in Japan.

So with all this hot weather we are having, I decided to cool off with a nice aquatic game. This is an obscure Japanese arcade game known as The Deep from 1987, which no one seems to know. I was lucky enough to play it, back when I was a little kid on holiday (either Malta or Mallocra) one of those island where copyright law is somewhat more relaxed. I almost certainly played a bootleg version, but years late after much searching I managed to find the game again a few years back. Has some stunning pixel art for the era.

One for the fighting crowd this week with King of Fighter Neowave (Should have been named 2004) it's a solid fighter, but one of the weaker outings. Down side with the PAL version I used seems 480p support was pulled from the PAL version and included in the Japanese one. Oh Sony of Europe you and your crazy policies back then. This is me 1CC the game as the Fatal Fury Team and I spam the final boss Geese Howard like crazy to beat him.

After I saw Hardcore Gaming 101 mentioning that Wild Riders was now in a playable state on Demul though I'd give it a try! A Sega Naomi 2 games from 2001, it's one of many games that used that hardware that never got a home release. In fact around that era you had boards such as Hikaru and Naomi 2 which largely saw most of their titles remain arcade only. Assuming you even saw them in the arcade as they were rare to find at best, Wild Rider I never saw once in arcades. In part this may well be to Sega's shift in focus and the axing of the Dreamcast.

It's like Outrun with Motorcycles. Not a big game and easy to master, but very fun while it lasts.

Covered another Naomi 2 arcade game this week with the The King of Route 66, the sequel to 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker. It was converted to the PS2 with a number of changes so the raw arcade version never got a direct home port.

Word of warning you might not want young children to watch this video, to avoid them seeing the horror that is Metal Slug Anthology at 50Hz on PlayStation 2, this collection was direr with problems like input lag, made worse by the slow refresh rate, buyers beware if anyone tries to sell you a copy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to revisit the Namco 1979 classic this week with Galaxian, also covering some retro themed indie games at the moment as well on the channel. While Galaxian sequels are no doubt better games, it laid the ground work for something much larger:

Not true retro, instead it's a new homebrew game for old consoles called Little  Medusa for NES, SNES and Mega Drive from Mega Cat Studio. This is a short look at the SNES demo you can download off their website. It's based on games like Pengo and Kickle Cubicle:

Playing around with the new release of Baldur's Gate this weekend, loved the original this remake has a few poor design choices, but nothing fan mods can't fix. Decided to cover the only one of the five without a Enhanced version at the moment Icewind Dale II the game Interplay hoped would save them.

• 2 weeks later...

So wouldn't normally say a 2010 game is retro, but seeing as it's now delisted and very much retro themed I wanted to show off Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game. A great, but not prefect scrolling beat'em based on 90's games of the genre, a huge amount of fun to play.Sadly the game is locked in some license nightmare between Ubisoft and Universal films.

My channel is new and I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with it (it's mostly retro / Sonic related), but I've had a go at my first 'long play' type video with commentary. Apologies for the very poor microphone; I'll try to do better next time.

This is Sonic 2 for the Master System, start to finish in one hour...

Like/subscribe if you want to see more, and give me your thoughts on what else I can cover. I don't have any particular specialty aside from being pretty good at Sonic games! :lol:

Not been doing quite as many retro videos of later, but this is Courier Crisis a open world bike riding game from the 32bit era, that's not half as bad as the magazine would have had you believe. Seems the game also got a bit of a following in Japan with Famitsu awarding it 25/40 and by all accounts the game is the blue print for Crazy Taxi.