Swainy

Your retro youtube videos

This is as good a thread as any for this.

The latest Humble Bundle includes the Vegas Pro video editor.  This is what I, Kim Justice and jsut about everyone else uses and is normally about £20 this cost (The version in the Bundle is a year old).

If you're doing any video production at all, even slightly, it's worth your £20.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ianinthefuture said:

This is bloody superb and you're about the only person I've ever heard who isn't me reference Moto Toon Grand Prix. (Episode 6 of yesterzine). The sad thing is I was looking at the Stunt Race FX footage and thinking "That's a better frame rate than I remember".

I'm going to have to go through these, I'd heard of surprisingly few.

Also your muttering about the comments has me giggling for no good reason whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

This is bloody superb and you're about the only person I've ever heard who isn't me reference Moto Toon Grand Prix. (Episode 6 of yesterzine). The sad thing is I was looking at the Stunt Race FX footage and thinking "That's a better frame rate than I remember".

I'm going to have to go through these, I'd heard of surprisingly few.

Also your muttering about the comments has me giggling for no good reason whatsoever.

I think it's one of those where if you didn't play it back in the day (and have no vested interest in Gran Turismo), you'll just ignore it as a me-too Mario Kart rip-off. Which is a shame, as it's great. And the 'professional' mode on it, or whatever it was called, acts as a brilliant GT prototype of sorts.

Anyway, appreciate the kind words. The comments muttering comes about because, while I do still laugh at them, it's hard to keep smiling after your 400th "IT'S PRONOUNCED ESS EN EE ESS".

1 hour ago, ianinthefuture said:

I think it's one of those where if you didn't play it back in the day (and have no vested interest in Gran Turismo), you'll just ignore it as a me-too Mario Kart rip-off. Which is a shame, as it's great. And the 'professional' mode on it, or whatever it was called, acts as a brilliant GT prototype of sorts.

Yeah, those 2 sentences are basically the gist of about 8 minutes of episode 6 :D

Well that and I kept the bit where I do a through the keyhole style slow reveal of what game it spawned most because I got an audible gasp from my test audience at the reveal.

I have a series called RetroGrade where I do brief reviews of old games across various formats, sometimes not every format going (I am not very familiar with the Spectrum so I tend to avoid it).  My latest episode was about the arcade game, Phoenix:

Other episodes which I thought came out quite well are Time Pilot and Star Force:

• Upvote 1